x

My sister is still at mums, waiting to be housed. So i borrowed her microwave. And the fridge is a Stella beer one lol, one of the very few useful things OH brought from his mums when he moved out!

When you warm the bottle up in the microwave do you take the teat off first?

Some take the teat off, i've always left it on with the lid, teat is still cold x

I unscrew the lid with the teat attached and take it off - leave it turned upside down on the side while the bottle is microwaved and then put the lid back on to shake :thumbup: I used to micro with the lid on but unscrewed slightly and it was fine so dont think it matters too much but the pressure needs to escape

I love the microwave :D its so quick and easy and with the bottle warmer it took ages warming the bottle and my babies screamed for their bottles why should they wait longer just to avoid microwaving. xxx

I leave the teat on and just loosen the lid. Some women are scared the teat will melt but I just say there wouldn't be microwave sterilisers if that happened lol! I always check but because I store the bottles in the fridge the teat is usually still cold or very slightly warm at most.

I'm gona do it!! Baby girl is 8 weeks and iv just discovered I can put pre-made bottles in the fridge. Gona be so much handier coz her formula has to be made up cold. It takes so long to heat up again so I'm gona microwave! How long should I put a 7 oz bottle in for?

It all depends on your microwave and how warm baby likes it hun.

Fran is on 6oz bottles and our microwave is 800watts. I ping them for 50secs and then give them a good shake.

It might be best for you to start with 30secs and then just increase by 5 secs until it gets to the right temperature and then you will know for next time. If you overcook it you can just hold it under the cold water tap to cool it down a bit.

Thank u bigbetty, I did it and soooo much handier!!!xx

yeh im lil sceptical still of microwaves but there safe,i got myself an electric tommy tippee bottle warmer just for my reassurance :) but good on ya for trying.

When you ladies say you loosen the lid do you mean the lid covering the teat or the part with the teat attached? :flower:

I just loosen the lid covering the teat, not the ring with the teat attached xx

After reading this thread yesterday I microwaved too :D wow how it has made my night feeds easier rather than waiting for the kettle to boil then putting in a jug etc all with a moaning baby. Thank you OP!!
Xx

I have always microwaved with both my kids from day one and never had any problems!!:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->