x

I'm not brave enough, the warnings about 'hot spots' scares me :blush:

Depending how long the milk has been in the fridge, i do it for 30secs shake, then 20 secs shake.

I was so dead against microwaving the bottles but once i started - oh my god what a difference :haha:

I have always heated my daughters bottles in the microwave, as long as you shake them well its fine :)

I have used the microwave from day 1 and wouldn't be without it now. We went to my BIL's house and they don't have a microwave, i was thinking how can i heat up his bottle haha :blush:. Then i realised i could boil the kettle and mix it half with cool water

I'm not brave enough, the warnings about 'hot spots' scares me :blush:

The warnings about hot spots are only if you give LO the bottle without shaking it first sweetie. As long as you shake it well the milk will be the same temperature throughout.

It takes a bit of trial and error to get it right but start off at 15secs and give it another 5 until you get to the right temperature. If you make it too hot you can just cool it under the tap.

I have heated Fran's bottles in the microwave from day 1 xxx

At 3am the microwave became my friend when Katie was little.

We never had a burnt tongue etc, she loved it warm.

As long as i is shook properly and the bubbles settled what the harm :)

V xxx

With my first baby i threw the bottlewarmer in the bin in a hormonal rage after a month and have microwaved from then on xx

With my first baby i threw the bottlewarmer in the bin in a hormonal rage after a month and have microwaved from then on xx

Lol I think I will be doing the same with mine soon. I only use it upstairs at night but it can take more than 5 mins to heat a 6oz bottle - I could go downstairs, micro it and Fran be halfway through it in that time lol.

Microwave all the way! (Except if I'm talking to the Health Visitor then of course I make each feed up when LO needs it LOL)

Microwave all the way! (Except if I'm talking to the Health Visitor then of course I make each feed up when LO needs it LOL)

:haha:

The little white lies we need to tell just to make life easier eh??

We don't microwave but she has 5oz bottles so we make up 3oz but add 5 scoops of milk, and then when it comes to her wanting a bottle we add 2oz of boiling water and its then instantly warm after the kettle boils. We found that it was taking ages to warm a bottle using boiling water and a jug. :)

Oh I use the microwave too! I was making feeds up fresh until a few weeks ago... omg why I let scaremongers make my life hard I will never know because when my daughter was a baby it was the done thing to make 6bottle up at a time and sling em in the microwave to heat them up and that was back in the day when it werent all BPA free!! and never had a problem

Depending how long the milk has been in the fridge, i do it for 30secs shake, then 20 secs shake.

I was so dead against microwaving the bottles but once i started - oh my god what a difference :haha:

Exactly what I do!

Long as you take out and gently shake at regular intervals and test the temp its fine. We've had no probs! Saves listening to your baby scream for 10 minutes while it warms up in a jug of hot water and then when it goes cold and your LO refuses it you've gotta warm it back up with freshly boiled water again!

i microwave the night bottles and make fresh during the day the only thing i find is having to make sure the bleeding kettle filled enough during the day or i end up waiting ages with a screaming baby for it to cool down !!

I dont even know why I bought a bottle warmer? :shrug:

Its still in its box un-opened! :dohh:

We've got a microwave in our room, and a mini fridge! Hahahaha! Height of lazyness! :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->