Xx

School has been nothing but a positive experience for us. It has bought my lo on in leaps and she is so much more confidence than I ever thought was possible for her. She has loads of friends and is doing wonderful. The difference in her is just amazing.
She is one of the youngest in her year, just turning five, but it hasn't made one bit of difference to her at all, she loves every second of it!

I don't think the pretending to be a baby is a regression. Rather it shows development in her play skills as she is role playing being a baby rather than only playing with real objects as younger kids do. My DS is 5 and quite often role plays being a baby (as well as a cat, a butterfly, a dragon etc) with his friends at school! He also loves to repeat words like 'mamma' over and over in a baby voice which gets pretty irritating very quickly. Again its just playing at different roles which is part of growing up.

He started school last September. He's def more confident since he went to school and he has made lots of friends both in his class but also with older children. He's learnt so much and is fascinated by learning and discovering new things. The main change though from starting school is that he is much more aware of what other children think and how he is the same and different to his friends. He's also very keen to fit in and not stand out in anyway however much we say that its fine that everyone is different and likes different things.

He was tired for the first couple of weeks but has been fine since then.

Since Isaac has started reception class he's become a lot more confident. At first he would only play with his best friend who he met in nursery but now he will play with anyone=]

Abigail is more confident definitely, but she also has more of an attitude. She is a little more 'worldly' often thinking that she knows best, and she answers us back and backchats a lot more. On the positive side, I think she is more able to hold her own in social situations and has learned to stand up for herself more. She's always been confident with adults, but I think she is now more confident with others her own age.

Esther's confidence has increased. She is also now able to role play-we get a lot of her playing mummy and baby and she swaps between being the mummy and the baby.

She has learnt to strop rather nicely too!!

From your post I'd say that your daughter isn't regressing but in fact is learning to role play in a more specific way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->