Xxx~~~ Mum's that will have 2 under 2 (or there abouts) come join us ~~~xxX

:hi: Welcome to the group Maffie! I'm going to have about a 15 month gap so I'm right there with you! Do you know what you are having?

Im having another boy, cant believe ive got one almost walking already and one kicking me silly from the inside :haha:

Good luck with it Pippin! :thumbup:

Welcome over Maffie :D

Hi just found this thread and thought i'd come join I have a 10 month and due on the 8th Jan so going by edd i'll have roughly a 14 month gap eeeek!!!!

Hi :hi: and welcome. Congrats on your blue bump :yipee: I'm starting to think I might be blue again.

Pippin - your eating plan sounds good. I went back on Weight Watchers for the first 8 weeks of this pregnancy, adjusting it as though I was still nursing exclusively. I ate LOADS and still managed to lose 9 lbs. It's all about choices - better to eat a ton of broccoli, grilled chicken and whole wheat bread instead of a ton of candy, fried chicken and white bread. It will be better for the baby too, if you're sensible about it all.

I had a good experience at the diabetes clinic this afternoon. Details are posted in my journal if anyone is interested. :)

ooooh i'll eat anything in this pregnancy my docs have got to the point where they have said if I fancy it then eat it. Im overweight but the sickness means I stopped gaining and with breastfeeding as well im suffering for it. Hoping the weight drops off like it did after the last birth (dropped over 20 kilos from birth to bfp) Id not even gained anything like that during the pregnancy.

hello all, -gosh so many messages since I last managed to check in! We are back from our hols and spent a week trying to get back to normal with the jet lag. Discovered today that Wyn also has two new teeth pushing though and she has also learnt to finally roll which means she's been trying to sleep on her tummy! No wonder the last week has been a nightmare with her waking at night (4-8 times!)

I'm scanning the messages and will just add that I put on 50lbs and only got 25odd off before I found out I was pregnant. SOD IT! I have this master plan that I will one day be a yummy mummy, but not yet.... Until then I'm founding the Slummy Mummy club, who's in?

We've got our scan tomorrow so I finally get a due date yippie! xx

oooh good luck with the scan

I'll join the slummy mummys for now club :haha:

Ohohohoh can I be in the Slummy Mummy club too, I like that :dance: (maybe we sound change our name to the Slummy Mummies of Two once they are born :rofl:)

eldar good luck tomorrow, what time is the scan? I have three more sleeps till mine. I'm getting a serious case of "we're not going tot see a heartbeat" fear at the moment, :dohh: stupid but natural I supose.

Maffie I like your thinking with the eating, if I wasn't a size 22 already I'd be with you :thumbup:

Has anyone experience flu like symptoms 7 weeks in? I had it both times when I got my bfp but I feel like crap, headache, aches and nausea (ms probably), or am I just going down with something? I've also got bad trapped wind I think right under my ribs and it's uncomfortable grrrrr. Maybe it's just an aversion to going back to work full time tomorrow :cry: Sam's settled nicely into the childminders but it's sad :(

Pippin I felt achy and flu like with both.

I'm a size 18 but im not worrying about it till baby is here. I would like a more defined bump though. I had a definate bump bump at this point last time. This baby is hiding in the back.

Evening Ladies, Just wondering what everyone is or is planning to do in regards of a buggies. Are you getting double buggies or sticking with single buggy and using other althernatives?

We went buggy shopping today and we are finding it really difficult. We have been put off the Phil n Ted ones as our 1st baby would be sat behind the new baby and not able to see out, she would hate this as she is a nosey little thing and has to be able to see. The iCandy range is so expensive and we really cant afford £600+ for a buggy. Had a look on ebay but they are still going for £400+

At the moment I am thinking about leaving our 1st baby (will be 15 months when baby born) in the quinny buzz and having new baby in a sling or carrier on either mine or OH's chest when we go out. When new baby is old enough to go into the quinny seat (around 6 months) 1st baby will be 2 and im thinking she can stand on a buggy board when she is tired, or sit down if we go for one of the more expensive ones.

Would be great to hear your ideas, plans or suggestions. The whole buggy thing is driving me up the wall.

Hi all! :wave: Well we got back from our mini break to our music festival - we had a fab time, Sam was as good as gold, slept really well in the tent & loved the music and activities!! He had a nice birthday too I think, although we did do a 5 hour drive but he was really good with that too!! Here's a couple of pics of his birthday and at the festival!!

Sam 1.jpg sam2.jpg sam3.jpg sam4.jpg sam5.jpg

Hope you are all doing ok. I have read up a bit since being on last and it seems weight is an issue with some - I haven't managed to get down to my pre pregnancy weight either before getting pregnant again. I'm a size 14 and I am really conscious now that having another baby might push me up another size that I won't be able to shift. Back to back pregnancies are not good for my backside!!!!! All we can do I guess is try and be sensible and try not to give in too much to cravings! It's not easy though is it with nausea as if any of you are like me, you're eating what you can stomach and that's not always the healthy option!!

i think the reason i have such an issue with my weight is because i was pretty big when i was a teen. around 19 or so i worked really hard and went from a size 16 to a size 4. then i got pregnant with my oldest and had her at 21. gained at least 55-60 pounds each time i was pregnant. lost that within a month after having her. did the same with my next at 23 and lost it within two months. didnt have another baby til i was 29 and it took a year to get down to within ten pounds of my pre-pregnancy weight. but did get back down to a size 5. with my last one i barely lost any and am still a size 14 so i can just see myself having a hard time losing all im gonna pile on to that. it seems like the older i get the harder it is to lose and the longer it takes. i know it shouldnt matter so much, but i was so proud of all my hard work with eating healthy and exercising. i just dont have that kinda time to focus on it anymore and want to get healthy enough to stay around and see my grandkids. oh, and im only 5'3" so any weight makes me look shorter and rounder.

sorry about the book!

I'm almost 5'2 so I know what you mean blessedmomma

Jojo looks like fun at the festival.

mum2be2011 im thinking either a baby jogger city select or Icandy. If I have to have another section i'll need a pram straight away and Noah won't be able to properly walk places for quite a while. Although I do have several carriers so do plan at some points to carry them ie in supermarkets will be easier with one in the trolley and the other in a sing.

I am thinking a buggy board for pram and Caine or buggy and sling for newborn?

Can anyone recommend any wraps/slings? Not tried before?

I like my "Over the Shoulder Baby Holder" sling, it's comfortable and easy to use and can be used past the baby stage. I still use mine for my toddler.

I really like the baby jogger city select and after six months, the Joovy Caboose (sit and stand style double). I also like the obaby zoom (but haven't seen it in person) and I@m toying with the idea of whacking a toddler seat on my pram, but do worry that it will break the stokke as it's designed for traditional prams (but is SO cheap and convenient).

MARCH 9th!

We finally have a DD!, I am 13+1 and the little one wriggled and waved at us - was brilliant we saw a proper little tiny version of a baby! So now it is sinking in that yes I am really pregnant and that there will only be 14 months between them eek!

Pippin - good luck with your scan, I'm sure it will be fine and there will be a little heartbeat. To be honest until the little one waved at me on the screen I was still convinced I wasn't pregnant!

As for buggys. Like mum2be2011 I am planning on probably doing like you with a sling and my quinny, with the upgrade to a buggy board when LO is older. However I would like a phil and teds but only if we can get grandad to buy it as it's expensive! I personally carry Wyn everywhere and never use the buggy but this may have to change when I have two so small.

yay eldar!!! im due march 8, so we are about the same pregnancy wise!!!

mumtobe- i have a three yr old and my 8 mo old so am getting the double stroller very soon. we are getting one that can have two car seats, two regular seats, a car seat and a regular seat, or a regular seat and the sit or stand board. we picked it because its very versatile. using it for my lil ones now and will sling the new one for a while. then my 3 year old will walk or go in a cart and will use it for the two lil ones, if all that makes any sense to you.

we have a maya ring sling. its adjustable and very comfortable. i think its great and am soooo happy i bought it. can hold baby in a huge variety of ways. have seen others though that look equally good and comfy too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->