Xxx~~~ Mum's that will have 2 under 2 (or there abouts) come join us ~~~xxX

Does anyone have a mei tai? Heard lots of good reviews about these :D

I've got a mei tai and I love it! I started using it when Wyn was about 3 months but I will definitely be using it from birth this time round.

It's really comfy, great for front or back carries and so far managing to do a back carry with Wyn and adjust the waist strap round my little bump. I expect to be able to use it until Wyn get's too heavy.

I did have a baby bjorn (found in a pound charity shop!) and used that for the first 3 months with Wyn but she got too heavy without a waist strap. I love that the mei tai is so simple but so practical. I can get her on and off my back no problem, it's just a knack and rather a spectator sport when I do it in public!

I hated the phil and teds the bottom bit for the newborn was so low and felt flimsy.

I have a moby which is nice for a newborn and I also have a connecta (like a mei tei but with buckle fastening).

So these slings are worth the money then? Some are sooooooo expensive! I really want to avoid forking out for a double buggy which I wont need for long anyway! xx

Thanks girls

I wouldn't be without my slings but still going with a buggy, i'll be selling my mutsy pram/pushchair and my luna to help cover the costs.

Eldar congrats on your due date :yipee: I can update the front page now.

I have a Mei tai Hawk and I love it :yipee: I got it quite late with sam as I didn't want to fork out £55 but it's so worth it, used it loads before it got too hot over summer. You do tend to get a bit sweaty with a carrier but it's well worth it if you just want to nip into a shop or climb flights of stairs (my friend lives on the forth floor with no lift) and carry the shopping up. Worth every penny.

Ohohohoh and just noticed LP is the size of a raspberry :happydance: :wohoo: I've gone up a box!!!

:wohoo: :wohoo:

So where can I get a cheap sling and not have to payh like 50 quid? :nope:

Anyone want to sell me one to test? :lol:

Naturalmamas forum has some good ones but alot confuse me. Alot of areas do sling meets so you culd try a few before you decide.

You can pick Mobys up from about £20 but I only use them when baby is diddy.

I used my Moby wrap (which I made myself, as it was cheaper), until I got pregnant, so Mog would have been about nine months old. I found it too uncomfortable to have her on the front after that, but the weight was fine. It was my favourite when she was tiny, I think I only used the ring sling for a month or so, it wasn't as convenient for on the go breast feeding for a start. My OH loved the Bbay Bjorn active (bit more support than the normal one) but I wish that I had gone straight for the toddler version as she's now too heavy for it, and we've only had it since January. OH will still carry her in it for short distances, but I never really liked it, and didn't find that it allowed room for bbs. I've enjoyed the Ergo carrier, which I just bought, although I'm not convinced I have the knack of getting her on my back properly yet - hope that comes with practise, but it still feels pretty unsafe! I have a pouch sling, which again I made, that was no use at all when she was tiny, but has been really really handy for a few months for carrying her on my hip. Once she could sit up properly, it was brilliant for just throwing her into although I wouldn't want to carry her very far in it. I was rehearsing for an am-dram show for a few months, and it was invaluable for holding her when she wanted to be carried but I had to move around on stage. She's a little bit on the big side for it now.

I barely used the pram unless I needed to take a lot of stuff with me, or knew I was going to be out for a long time, as it was so much easier just to carry Mog. That said, I don't think it will be as easy to carry a baby and push a toddler, especially if I have to negotiate stairs at any point, which is why I'm still seriously considering a double pushchair.

I got a cheap ring sling from ebay for £15 and like Aunty E was good for when he was a bit older and could sit up. Quick and comfortable for short journeys.

Bit worried myself, just got referred to my local hospital for an out of hours appointment tonight as I'm having some signs of an ectopic pregnancy :( As I'm having my scan anyway tomorrow the doctor said to wait for that as I'm only showing some signs. Basically I've had sharp abdominal pain when I move, breath, cough walk etc for the last three days getting progressively worse, little bit of shoulder pain and shortness of breath, but I'm not bleeding, light headed or being sick so he wasn't too worried that it was urgent. If I wasn't having the scan he would have referred me to have one asap (which is a shame as I'm paying £75 for my one tomorrow and I could have had one free, story of my life :dohh:). The pain seems in the wrong place too so I'm pretty sure I'm just blocked up or something so I'm not too worried, just hoping to see the little person tomorrow. My Mum was really worried too about the baby so I think she has got over her initial shock now. She was planning to go to India for 6 weeks but she won't even do that now as she want to be here just in case I go early something. Anyway I'm waffling. xxx

:hug: Pippin ... I will pray that everything is okay! Glad you're getting the scan tomorrow and also that your mum is coming around. Some people just need a bit more time to process surprises.

Keep me posted please!!

pippin- hope everything turns out for good. your in my thoughts and prayers!:hugs:

Pippin, you're in my thoughts and prayers, hun. Let us know how things go :hugs:

Jojo, those were lovely pictures. As my husband said when he saw the page "D'Awwwww!"

Eldar, that's wonderful news and congrats! :)

As for buggies and such, a family friend offered her stroller to us (one of those with the seat in the back so the toddler can sit/stand). We can't really afford to go the double stroller route.

For me, I'm back at work now (started this week) and oh my goodness lots had changed since I left. A number of people leaving/firings and apparently the company may clamp down more. This has me a little worried but not much I can do right now anyways.

We got the results back from the triple test/nutchal scan. Apparently we're low risk for downs (1/350) and for other genetic issues, it is low risk as well (1/5,500 I believe). That was a big relief and although I do realize it's just a scan and not totally definitive, it did put our minds at ease. We declined further testing and the amnio.

We hope to have our 18 week U/S booked soon and I've indicated that we want to find out the gender this time around. Hopefully little one will be co-operative and I'm really hoping for a girl this time around.

Christian's turning out to be such a strong boy and we're so proud of him. He's trying to stand up more and more (especially if he sees Daddy's car keys on the coffee table). In addition, when we picked him up from daycare yesterday, he walked to us with the help of the daycare worker who was holding his hands.

Good luck with your scan today Pippin. Hope everything is ok :hugs:

Please let us know how you get on, glad your mum is coming round.

Well I'm back :(

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnan...lp-back-my-early-scan-been-put-back-week.html

New due date of 29th April but no heartbeat yet :shrug: :cry:

Pippin I'm so sorry for your anguish, I really do hope that things go ok next monday, I'm sure things will be fine, scans can be really unreliable before 9 weeks, which is when they become a lot more accurate. Doesn't help though I'm sure when you're going through it. I hope this week goes really quick for you and you can get your peace of mind so that you can get on with the rest of your pregnancy :hugs:

I found you guys! Took me ages but here you all are! Hope you are feeling better Pippin, am thinking of you lots xxxxx

Been a bit of an emotional day one minute I'm convinced it's all over (must remember not to look at youtube videos of six week scans with HB) and the next minute I think well she did say there might be the start of a HB and she said it was all normal but you do worry don't you. Have these nagging period pains now and no pregnancy symptoms so I'm still fearing the worst. :(

Oh Pip :( Sorry you're going through this - when we had our early scan she did say that the HB had only just gotten going and that was at 7w4d. Some babies do lag behind a bit and then catch up again by the 12 week scan. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->