Xxx~~~ Mum's that will have 2 under 2 (or there abouts) come join us ~~~xxX

I went with the Safety 1st Grffin Style Tandem Stroller for my two. I don't think I need it anymore, but it came with a matching car seat. I know the single stroller that matches the car seat was made too, but it''s been discontinued. Really hoping I can find it.

Otter will be a tiger for Halloween. Going simple for DK, she'll have a pumpkin shirt, back leggins and pumpkin slippers. I didn't have the energy to do anything fancy this year. :nope: Next year I hope to make them into Raggedy Anne and Andy. :thumbup:

I didn't bother with a double stroller as I tend to babywear. I have a Kelty backpack that I can use for Otter if I push DK, and I have several slings that DK can go in while I push Otter. :thumbup:

Poppy is going to be a "fairy Bee" :cloud9: she looks so cute!!

We're thinking of either a Phil & Teds or the new Baby Jogger but not sure yet :wacko: we've moved to Canada for a couple of years and am wondering if Poppy would cope walking in the snow when she's 27/28 months cos I've been told we get a lot of snow :dohh: for those of you who live in cold, snowy climates how do you/are you going to cope? Also, how old normally would a child be before you can expect them to walk well (without messing around) and for a reasonable distance? Poppy has been walking from just over a year but she will not go in the right direction or come when you call and gets tired -takes forever to walk the 15 minutes to the local shop!! :dohh:

xx

Cope with what when it comes to the snow? For me, I plan on getting Otter a snowsuit and boots and let him play in it. LOL Next winter we'll get him the non-motorized kiddie sled/snowmobile to play on and in a few years, he'll get his very own real snowmobile to go play with mommy and daddy. ;)

I expect he'll learn to walk in the ice/snow fairly quickly. :shrug:

As for walking longer distances without messing around, I'd expect 4 plus years! At 2ish they can probably take short walks but I fully expect them to be difficult to keep going and in the right direction for several years. :dohh:

KimE, where abouts in Canada?

As for coping with snow, it varies from region to region but with little guy, I'll have him in his snowsuit and let him play with the snow if he likes this year. They'll get used to walking in snow as they get used to walking normally. It'll take time but it can be fun for them too. We hope to take him to the Winter Carnival this year but we'll see how I'm fairing at the time. ;)

In regards to strollers, we're going with a regular stroller but it has a seat at the back (one of those sit and stand things I think they're called). A family friend offered it to us and it's much cheaper than the dual stroller as we'd have to get another carrier, etc. Budget is too low for that.

You must not be in my part of Canada because we hardly get any snow ... a good dump once or twice a Winter is usually about it. Although I've been told that it's supposed to be a long, cold Winter this year so that might be different. I'm petrified that we'll have a massive snowstorm just before/as I go into labour and we only have rear wheel drive vehicles so I will be up the creek without a paddle. :dohh:

We got a Phil & Ted's but bought that before Emma was born as we knew we would have our kids fairly close together. I will probably also use the Ergo a lot with the baby at the beginning though and keep the umbrella stroller in the trunk of the car as it is much quicker to deal with on short errands.

Hi there Kim!!

Cant believe I am 30 weeks now! Starting to get really tired!!

Cant wait to start mat leave :sleep:

Hope everyone is ok? xx

Doing pretty well for the most part. Ankles are swelling up like crazy though and lost my footing when crossing a busy street this afternoon. Some kind people helped me up and checked to see if I was ok.

Tomorrow at the daycare they're having a hallowe'en party so I get to take him to daycare tomorrow in his monkey costume! I'm so excited.

I've been hearing that it's going to be a rough winter as well, TheNewWife. Snow isn't that bad over in the area that I'm in (we're not in the snowbelt -- thank goodness) but still have the same fear as you in that going into labour during a snowstorm.

elly - which part of the country are you in? I"m on the West Coast. We had a massive snowstorm 2 years ago (we had feet upon feet upon feet of snow) and it left us pretty stuck at home. We almost missed Christmas dinner because we couldn't get out and they don't plow our street.

I REALLY don't want to deal with that while full term!! Thankfully it usually snows in late December or January here, not much earlier. (Of course now that I've said that it will be earlier, lol.)

Thanks for your replies guys :hugs: we live in Alberta in a remote village just off the prairie - middle of nowhere!! This'll be our first winter but we have been told by everyone that the snow is pretty bad and the temps are -30/-40 so cold for Poppy I would imagine. I have to walk everywhere in the village too which means the walk to the shop with Pops in the stroller would normally take 15 minutes but if she's walking we're looking at 30 minutes plus so even more in snow!! I think cos I'm not used to cold and snow I'm dreading it even more.

Hope the snow holds off for you TheNewWife, that would not be fun in labour :wacko: I'm sure you'll be fine :hugs:

Hi jms895! I wish I was 30 weeks already!!

elly75 - Poppy had her Halloween creche party today and went as a fairy bumble bee - she looked sooooooo cute!! :cloud9: She came home hyped on sugar :dohh: I bet you're little one in going to look soooo cute in his monkey costume

Tigerlady - Loving the snowmobile idea!! :thumbup:

xx

elly75 -glad you didn't hurt yourself when you fell hun :hugs: xx

:hugs: Elly

KimE, it sounds like you need a good stroller with good wheels. That way you can put Poppy in her warm clothes and push her around town. If your town is like most places that are used to snow, they will keep the streets and walks well plowed and you should be able to use a stroller without too much trouble. :thumbup:

Depending on what your snow situation turns out to be and how much you have to walk in it, you could also consider the possibility of a Chariot as you can order cross-country-type skis for them instead of wheels! :mrgreen: Friends of ours are living in Switzerland for a few years and have done this. The only problem is that I think a child is supposed to be a year old before riding in a Chariot - but that might just be while hooked up to a bike. I'm really not sure.

elly - which part of the country are you in? I"m on the West Coast. We had a massive snowstorm 2 years ago (we had feet upon feet upon feet of snow) and it left us pretty stuck at home. We almost missed Christmas dinner because we couldn't get out and they don't plow our street.

I REALLY don't want to deal with that while full term!! Thankfully it usually snows in late December or January here, not much earlier. (Of course now that I've said that it will be earlier, lol.)

I love B.C. I lived in Maple Ridge and Powell River for a while, and spent some time in Vancouver before moving back here to Southwestern Ontario. We had a few 20 degree days a few days ago, but it got bitterly cold bitterly quickly.

Had I not married and settled with kids, I would totally be living in BC right now. I'm probably the biggest Canucks fan in Ontario that I know. I tattooed the logo on my leg over the summer. I will forever miss BC and can't wait to visit. That's where my heart is.

Brandy - what a coincidence. I grew up in Pitt Meadows and my parents are still in Maple Ridge. Small world!!!

That's awesome!! Definitely is a small world. I was hoping to visit in December but I can't afford it. Too much baby stuff to buy.

We currently live in Ontario and a bit away from the snowbelt up here.

It has gotten really cold lately and this morning it was about 5 C outside when visiting the farmer's market. I was so happy when we got inside some buildings! Apparently, tonight it is supposed to go down to 1 or 2 C! You'd think after the cold winters each year we'd be used to it but ugh...hate being cold!

It sounds like BC is the place to be. :)

Pitt Meadows? I had a cousin who lived there once but she and her family moved to another town in BC...darned if I could remember the name of it right now.

elly ... Pitt Meadows is a pretty small place. It would be kind of funny if I knew her (or knew of her!) :rofl:

KimE, yep I've heard that Alberta does get pretty cold over there. I think that's the reason why some people call Winnipeg, Alberta as Winterpeg. ;) It sounds like it might be a bit rough for the winter but hopefully with a lot of support from folks around there (usually people are helpful of eachother -- however that's not the case in all locations.).

Little guy looked adorable in his costume but I have the sneaking suspicion he didn't like it much. It was probably because there were mitten pieces for his hands and he HATES his hands covered up. :rofl:

We were thinking of taking him to the mall today as they have this Hallowe'en thing going on and said that it was ok to take kids over in costumes. If Christian can see other kids in costume too maybe he'll be more ok with it? That and if he sees pumpkins, he'll be happy.

A question for you ladies since it is coming up to winter. Are you all going to get flu shots this time around? Will you get flu shots for your little ones? Last winter, little guy was too young but we're thinking of getting him the shot anyways since it's covered by the government. Hubby and I usually get the shot every year. I'll have to double-check to see if I can get one too (think it is ok but will double-check with the nurses).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->