Xxx~~~ Mum's that will have 2 under 2 (or there abouts) come join us ~~~xxX

well, i usually lay him down to nap, but while he is eating and falling asleep i hold him and usually rock him. sometimes he just wants to eat and cuddle though for an hour or more before he actually falls asleep. im hoping i can come up with something before the next one gets here in march. i dont want to prop a bottle up on the next one either. its important to me to bond with them while bottle-feeding since i cant breast-feed. hopefully i can start to break my 11 month old off the bottle shortly before the next baby. he will be 14-15 months old.

vickie- when mine was 6 months old like your little girl, who is adorable by the way- love the pics, he would still take his naps on me too. and even was still in his sling napping alot. i kinda miss it, but had to start laying him down when the morning sickness really started kicking in.

Thank you. I think so but I'll admit to being slightly biased lol.
Will he not take a beaker and feed himself?
I really do need to start lying Evie down but I love having her near. I imagine it will start getting uncomfy as my bump grows though lol x

he holds his bottle when he is rocking but i never let him run around with a bottle, or even lay down and feed himself or prop one up. that is my time with my babies, their dad even hardly ever feeds them. they might as well be breastfed in that sense, just different accessories, lol . i have learned from watching other people that if you let them run around with it sometimes they are harder to break off the bottle. i dont even ever put anything in their bottles but formula. when they have milk, water, or juice i give it to them in a sippy cup. that way there is no confusion. mine have been really easy to get off the bottle that way.

not that i think there is anything wrong with laying them down with a bottle, a lot of my friends do it. and if its what works for mom and baby then its whats best for them. its just not my personal preference and what works best for me.

I haven't started leaking yet with this one but never really leaked when I was carrying Christian though either. I was never able to BF him although I hope to with this one but fear will be the same result. If it is, so be it and as long as this little one is happy and healthy I don't mind as that's all that matters.

We started getting some snow here today and the roads are covered! :D It isn't a heck of a lot for which I'm happy about but it puts things in a wintery Christmassy sort of mood. We even put up the tree today (to which Christian helped -- by tossing around some plastic bulbs). After putting up the tree, he wanted a cuddle and saw him with the 'seven mile stare' look so put him down for a nap while he was still awake.

I have some questions that those of you who are further on can hopefully answer :flower:
Did your boobs start leaking sooner this time around?
Those of you planning to BF do you worry how you'll manage to pacify the older child whilst the newborn is nursing? I never BF Evie but want to try it this time but everybody keeps telling me how time consuming it is :shrug:

:hi: I BF my last child and only stopped once I got to about 28 weeks pregnant this time. Only stopped as LO self weaned. Anyway he now has milk in a bottle but wont hold it :dohh: I find making bottles more time consuming than BFing. Granted BFing took a longer time at first as he would feed for up to 45 minutes at a time and I expressed lots to get a store up in the freezer, but after we had got established feeding became quicker and was so much faster than faffing making bottles, sterilising things.

I think this time he might be jealous as he as started asking for boobie again but LO sleeps through and is pretty structured on what he does at certain times.

Ive also never leaked. Not a drop came last time until after the birth and ive had no leaking this time.

Sorry thats so long hope it helps in some way.

lately i've been thinking about how scared i am to have a newborn with an 18month old. my SO works 2nd shift. so he's gone all day and i'll have both kids all by myself. i hope i dont go crazy :(

Im single so definitely get the worrying about managing thing!

Thanks for your reply Fraggles, I was wondering the same thing as Vicky.

I've just stopped BF James this week, my milk has completely dried up :-( not sure if its pregnancy or what but I suppose 10 months is quite an achievement anyway!

I'm panicking to, my hubby is in the forces and is away around the birth, plus when hes here hes crap anyway! :haha:

Mogling is quite happy to take a bottle while propped up on a cushion, so I'm not anticipating any difficulty feeding two at once. I'll BF again with this one, as it's so much easier when they're tiny, and if Mog wants to have a go again, I'll let her, I have two bbs after all. She's always been a speedy eater though, bottles and solids are disposed of in around five minutes. She gets that from me ;)

Wow Fraggles, you're very brave! But what an achievement it'll be to bring up 2 LO's by yourself! Thanks for your reply to my question too, it's helped reassure me somewhat :flower:
Hope your DH makes it back in time for the birth Claire. Well done on reaching 10 months!
Rebaby lots of luck for tomorrow hun.

its good to hear some ladies have the same concerns as me. im sooo thankful this thread is here! you ladies are great!!!!

i feel like one way or another it will work out and i sway between thinking everything will be ok, to oh my what am i going to do, lol!

its kinda crazy that even though each of us have our own way of doing things, we still have some of the same issues in our heads

:hugs: to you all!!!!!

:hi: ladies, so much to catch up on.

Firstly rebaby keeping fingers, toes, legs, arms you name it crossed for you for tomorrow, I hope you see two little heartbeat thumping away.

vickie83 I did get a tiny bit of something come out of boobs with the pregnancy I lost but I was squeezing them :blush: haven't tried with this one but boobs are much more sensitive this time round so haven't felt like doing it. I BF for 10 months, we both came to a natural end but I was planning to go for a year. I'll BF this one too but Sam is very good at playing by himself or sitting beside me reading/flicking through books so hopefully it'll be the same. He'll be two so hoping we can do some crafty things at the table while I feed. I'm sure we'll all get a routine to be honest. We'll have to I suppose :haha: :dohh: :wacko:

TNW, I'm waiting for that FB status that says, "here we go". So looking forward to seeing the pictures and hearing what it's like holding a new born again.

As for sleeping Sam is so good, I started giving a bottle at night around 9 months and he gulps it down, I lay him in his cot and he sleeps till 5:30 (bad day) - 6:30 (good day). I hope he stays the same as I can cope with that. I plan to co-sleep for the first 8 weeks like I did with Sam so I should be rested too. I found trying to put him in a MB was hard so I gave up in the end and moved him to his big cot at 8 weeks for a bit of the night till he went the whole night in it.

Ive got my private dating scan tomorrow - so nervous!

TNW, I'm waiting for that FB status that says, "here we go". So looking forward to seeing the pictures and hearing what it's like holding a new born again.

Looks like you'll be waiting at least one more week. :hissy: The doctor doesn't think she'll come this week and they've book a prostaglandin induction for the 12th. Sigh. Oh well, I am determined to do everything I can to get it going early, and also enjoy my one-on-one time with Emma this week. :)

tnw- at least you know an end date to it!!! im so excited for you! you're about to be a very busy mommy:hug: i had an induction date with my last one and my water broke at 2:30pm the day before.

rebaby- hoping everything will be ok. will be waiting to hear.....

samzi- good luck on scan!!

TNW, I have to agree with blessed on the fact that you know of an end date to it. However, it does suck that you'll have to wait another week.

I join Pippin's sentiments about wanting to hear what it's like to hold a newborn again and to see pictures! :)

Samzi, good luck on the scan hun!

More snow up this way but not enough to be snowed in. It was funny though to see all the snow where I live then travel to work where there isn't as much. When I mention snow, people end up thinking we live in the snowbelt region (way further up north).

Thanks for thinking of me :hugs:

Unfortunately we're still in limbo :dohh:

Both sacs have grown but not quite as much as they ought to have done in the space of a week. There appears to be something in the slightly smaller one, but it's not clear and the sonographer didn't feel she could define it :shrug:

The area of bleed is still there in my uterus and remains unchanged. The sonographer was quite positive saying that the sacs aren't yet at the size where there SHOULD DEFINITELY be something in them (i.e. yolk sac or fetal pole) and said it's still early days (i am 8 weeks pregnant tomorrow by LMP but likely to be not quite as far on as that. I definitely must be at LEAST 6 weeks pregnant though because i got a bfp on 9th November :shrug: )

The nurse in EPU was much less positive though (which i understand) and said she felt we were heading towards miscarriage but as all pregnancies are precious we should give this one chance to develop so we have another re-scan in one week.

I can't believe we have another week to wait for answers, it feels like this has been going on for eternity now :cry:

Apologies if i am not around on this thread much in the next week, i think i will have to try and busy myself and put it all out of my mind in order to remain sane! Epu are signing me off work for the next 2 weeks though as they think by then we should have a conclusion one way or the other.

Thanks again ladies :flower:

Rebaby sorry you aren't get the answers we all are wishing for. I hope they are just slow at developing. I've heard many suddenly catch up so don't lose faith just yet Do lots of nice things and enjoy playing with you son on the time off you have. Keeping everything crossed for you :hugs:

Hello ladies.
How are you all? I have just seen this thread...

I have a 19 month old at the moment (Layla) and i am currently 31 weeks pregnant with a boy... i am terrified about having 2 under 2!!! Please tell me that everything is going to be ok lol........ i am super nervous about everything....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->