Xxx~~~ Mum's that will have 2 under 2 (or there abouts) come join us ~~~xxX

yay tnw!!!!! not long now then!!!!

fraggles and vicki- hope there is more sleep in your home soon!

elly- too cute. my 3 yr old has been rubbing my tummy asking about his baby. my 11 mo old still has no clue but we give him a doll to play with of my dd and he hugs it and kisses it.

hope everyone is having a great weekend :hugs:

my DS smacks my belly! but he's only 13mos so he doesnt know anything about a baby coming.

TNW, good luck hun! :hugs: Keeping you in my thoughts.

Fraggles, no problem! I'll update the front page with that information instead. Thank you :)

TheNewWife: Good luck!!!!

I know i said i probably wouldn't be around much but had a conversation this morning with my Grandma and some of the things she said quite upset me, we were talking about the fact that i was waiting for another scan on Tuesday to find out what is happening and she said: "Well if it is twins i feel sooooo sorry for Toby" :saywhat: and said my Aunty (the same one who was negative when i told her we were expecting another) had said how quickly he would have to "grow up" once the new baby/babies were here. I said "No he wouldn't" and she said "Oh come on, he would, twins would take 100% of both of your attention" :( I just changed the subject by saying "Well there's no point thinking about it right now because we're not even sure they're going to make it" I hate confrontation, and she is generally very supportive and we have a good relationship but she has absolutely no qualms saying exactly what she is thinking and on this occasion she has really upset me :cry: We are here desperately hoping that both of them are going to still be there on the next scan, not knowing if i am going to end up having a MMC and she is already on about how we won't be able to manage and Tobias will be shoved to one side.

I know she's not right...but she's got me wondering now if people will think i am a terrible mother to Toby if i am pregnant with twins due before he turns 2:( ...obviously there was no way to plan for twins, and they don't run in the family and yes, the idea of 3 under the age of 2 was a shock but ever since we found out there were 2 little sacs we've been rooting for them both. I am sure we will cope...children are a blessing rather than a burden...right?! :shrug:

I just think that saying she feels sorry for my son was a really horrible thing to say, i thought we were giving him a great gift by having a sibling close to him in age and that it was the right thing for our family now i feel that people think it's a terrible mistake, and what's worse is that if it doesn't work out and the scan on Tuesday is not good, i can just imagine her saying something awful like "Maybe it's for the best..." and then i really won't be able to keep my mouth shut!

Rebaby, I have a friend at playgroup who gave birth to twin girls on the same day that her son turned 2. People told me all the time that my little girl would be forced to grow up too fast and we weren't giving her enough time to be a baby when I was pregnant with my son. My two are 20 months apart and this baby and my youngest will be 28 months apart. My kids are the absolutel best of friends. Yes, they fight over toys but they're very protective of each other and very affectionate towards each other.

As for the little boy who shares his birthday with his sisters, he wasn't forced to grow up either. He loves being the older brother and took on the protective role himself. The ONLY way a baby will be forced to grow up is if his or her parents are so authoritatively strict that he or she doesn't have a chance to be a kid in the first place.

Let the nitpickers say what they way. Your children will be just fine.

very well said brandi!!!

rebaby- i think its easier to blow off what people say when they are not in your family. that was horrible what she said to you. i hope you dont let it get to you much. children ARE a blessing and as yours grow up with each other you will see how much their presence blesses each other too. :hugs: my girls are 19 months apart and the best of friends, they truly love each other.

Oh my goodness. What an insensitive so-and-so.

Hun, you are not a terrible mother at all and please don't ever think that. :hugs: Children are a blessing and yours will be fine. :hugs:

Rebaby ignore the negative comments. Your son getting play mates will be great. My son loves playing with other little ones so I cant wait for him to have someone to play with at home. I was worrying about having 2 and my son feeling left out and honestly felt upset and guilty but even in the last few weeks i've noticed how independent my son already is. He likes to do things by himself and when he comes for a cuddle he gets loads of love and attention but he's suddenly hit an age where he doesnt want picking up all the time.

Ditto what the others have said rebaby :hugs:

I don't feel pregnant today, not at all. I'm sure I'm being stupid but this sudden drop in symptoms is worrying me even though we know bean was fine on thursday. Arhhhh the worry never stops does it!

Good luck TNW!
Aww rebaby :hugs: what a hurtful, horrible thing to say. Your little boy will make a great big brother!
You're not wrong Pippin! I used to always worry when my symptoms stopped but then they'd come back worse than before lol.
This pregnancy I've had very few symptoms. I had a severe SPD with Evie that never really settled down and that's causing big problems already but other than that I've never really felt pregnant.
Hope you've all had a lovely weekend. We've got the last of our Christmas bits, they just need wrapping now. We've gone totally overboard with Evie but this year will be the first and last time she gets all the fuss and attention so I don't feel guilty x

The New Wife had her little girl <3 she is now mum to two 16 months apart! Hope she will be giving us loads of tips once she has time :)

The New Wife had her little girl <3 she is now mum to two 16 months apart! Hope she will be giving us loads of tips once she has time :)

Aww big congratulations to her :D

Yay just came to tell you I've just seen a picture of Heidi on TheNewWife's FB and she's a squidgy ball of yumminess! Looks a good size but no detail as yet.

Can't wait to hear the details :yipee:

Thanks everyone! I've posted a birth story in my pregnancy journal (link in my sig) if you're interested. Emma is staying with Gramma & Grampa one more night so it's pretty quiet around here. Should get interesting tomorrow :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->