Xxx~~~ Mum's that will have 2 under 2 (or there abouts) come join us ~~~xxX

Hi ladies we had this update in Jan jellybeans about Fraggles, thought you would like to know.

Exciting news from fraggles, baby Jacob arrived at 11.02 and weighed 7lb 9oz yay congrats to you fraggles and speedy recovery xx

Hi ladies, just found this, and I hope you don't mind me joining in.

So I have a 13 month old little girl and I am currently 10 weeks pregnant, so in theory there will be a 20 month gap between the two. The second pregnancy was kind of planned (well I came off the pill planning on ttc in Jan, however was pregnant within 1st cycle) I cant wait till Aug, but don't know how I am going to manage two little terrors!!! haha

welcome hannpin! we decided to start ttc when my last baby was 5 months old. it took us 5 months to conceive him and we figured since we were already in our early 30's it would take a longer time. by starting when he was 5 months old we figured we would be pregnant within 6-12 months. got pregnant first month ttc also. its funny how things work out...

yay fraggles!!!!!

Hi everyone!!!! I was on bnb last year for my first and now I am here again!! My LO will be 21 months when my second LO will be born. So I will have 2 under 2 for a little while. I am glad I found this group as I do NOT know how I am going to make it!!!! I am soooo not a night person. Now I have the baby to cope with in the night and my son to cope with in the day. OMG!!

This pregnancy wasn't planned tho...it was kind of an "oopsie what did we dooo!!!" type thing. Now that it is becoming more and more of a reality now that I can feel baby moving and due date is arriving soon I am like "Ok what the HELLLLL did we dooooo" LOL!! but I guess ya gatta manage!!!

Congratulations Fraggles! I hope we see a pic soon!

Hello new ladies :hi: don't worry I think we all have the slight panic of how am I going cope on here!we started ntnp at 6 months thinking it would take a while, but no, 1st month so we have a smaller gap than I was planning lol x

well done fraggles, all the best to you and your little ones xxx

ohh I am so glad I am not the only one with the slight panicy feeling when thinking about the reality of 2 under 2..... however I'm sure it will be great!! Caydensmom... i am so with you on the nights thing tho, I am really dreading those first few weeks of no sleep! haha

ok, getting my practicle head on now, can I ask you ladies that have 2 already what did you do about a buggy? I am really anti buying a twin, as DD will be 20 months I was hoping she would be ok with using a buggyboard??? my thinking behind this was that we will only really need it for short shopping trips, local walks etc. as if we go off for the day or away there will be my OH to push the stroller we have for her and the baby can go in the travel system buggy. I would love to have your thoughts on if this theory would be practicle or not. thanks

i think its a fab idea hun. i have a double stroller, but one of the seats removes and has a buggyboard there that can be used instead. i have a 3 yr old and 12 month old, so really couldnt get around a double. the two we have now use it either as a double or with the buggyboard in back for my older one. when the new one gets here, i plan on using my sling for him for at least 6 months. then my 3 year old can walk and the two little ones can use the double.

before we got the double, i used the travel system single stroller with my little one and an umbrella stroller with the older one. it worked out pretty well, but always had to have both of us to push them. at the store we grocery shop at though they have carts that have a built in punkin seat next to the seat up front for bigger kids which is nice. i will probably end up pushing them around in it and the car seat in the back for the new one when he gets here. if i can ever leave the house having 5 kids that is :dohh:

As a mom of 2 under 2 (my two oldest are 20 months apart), I can honestly say the stress felt during pregnancy about having two under two is completely unnecessary. I've been a mom to those two for 25 months now and it is the most amazing and rewarding career in the world. My youngest was in the NICU for his first week of life, which was hard on my daughter. I was determined to breastfeed and spent a lot of time in the hospital with my son. When he came home though, my daughter loved him instantly.

If I can give any advice, prepare, as best you can, your older one. I don't mean give him or her a doll to help change, or remind him that there will be a new baby soon. What I mean is to get your older one's schedule on track prior to the baby's birth. If your younger one is in a crib but moving to a bed before baby is born, start the transition now. It'll avoid the jealous resentment when "baby steals my bed/room". If your older one is not on a sleep schedule, with a set bedtime, start it now. Just get your older child used to his or her new routine prior to the baby so they understand that this is how it's going to be, and so they don't associate the changes with the baby. A new baby can bring on a lot of stress for older children, and for some, making all their bedtime, room, feeding, etc changes once baby is here is a big cause of sibling jealousy and resentment, and makes for unneccessary anxiety. Given the child is younger than two, they are unable to express how they actually feel, so it also makes for unneccessary tantrums and behaviour and mood changes. It can also trigger a child to resort to infantile behaviours.

So, in short, my advice is to start helping your child make the transition to Big Brother/Sister now, prior to baby's birth to make it easier on everyone.

very good advice brandi!

my girls are 19 months apart and didnt have any of the jealousy stuff either, but have seen it with other kids.

hiya can I join

Im pregnant with twins due 22nd june though they will be delivered 3 weeks early

I have two sons Morgans 2 and Lucas is 1

so the gaps will be 19 months between the twins and lucas
and 31 months between the tins and Morgan

Ill have four under three lol, and for a time three under 2!

Hi Anna! Wow I bet you get a lot of 'you'll have your hands full' comments, it's bad enough for me!

Hann that sounds practical, maybe you could have a sling that goes under the buggy so you can carry baby an older one can go in if there tired?

My friend is lending me here double buggy so I'm really lucky! But I will be using a carrier and my single a lot as I carried james a lot and it was so much easier!!

thanks ladies for all your comments and suggestions. I have a sling, but did not really use it alot when DD was small... good idea though!!!

great advice on preparing current LO's for a new arrival. I cant wait to get DD out of the cot and in to a 'big girl bed' luckily for us she is a real routine girl and loves her bed, so hopefull this will continue when she is in her new room and wen baby arrives.

we hear the 'you must have your hands full' bit a lot. my hubby started saying 'well, we have our hearts full'. i love it when he says that...:cloud9:

Wow I've missed loads!
Massive Congratulations Fraggle, hope you and baby Jacob are well and life as a mummy to 2 is good :flower:
Welcome and congratulations to all the new faces, I was trying to remember you all as I was reading through the thread but gave up :haha:
Aunty E, how's Imogen settling into her new room?
Elly75 did Christian settle OK in his room? How's your SPD pain?
For those of you using cloth are sized nappies essential for newborns? I assumed I'd use my B2P AI2's but may need to re-think that. And I was so looking forward to having to buy more :winkwink:
Samzi your scan pic is adorable!
Claire hope James is better now. Good luck for your anomaly scan this week. I had 10 scans with Evie too, I think we'll end up having 5 with this one :thumbup:
Blessedmomma how sweet is your husband! :cloud9:
I'm a crazy hormonal mess just now, I'm even getting on my own nerves. I think a lot of it is tiredness, Evie was hospitalised for a couple of nights earlier in the week and I still haven't had a decent sleep since we got home. She's much better now so hopefully I can catch up on some sleep and stop being a snappy witch :blush:
Hope the rest of you and your babes and bumps are good :hugs:

Oh no Vickie what's up with her? Is she ok? I'm always emotional if I've had no sleep :hugs: xx

And forgot to say I think that btp nappies are quite often gappy round the legs to start with plus they are quite bulky. Some people get on ok though so really up to you? Or some use sposies for a couple of weeks until they fit?

She had pneumonia and a collapsed lung but she's back to mischief now :)
We still have some newborn sposies left so might as well just use those up til the b2p's fit.

Afternoon all :hi:

I got home yesterday and settling in well to life with 2. Jacob is adorable and im in awe at how much love I feel for my 2 boys. I feel totally blessed :cloud9:

Here's a little pic (more on fb if anyone has me on there)

https://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff468/Fraggles10/002.jpg

Just gorgeous Fraggles! Although ive already commented on fb!

Vickie, if you do I would do that! I think its just because their legs are so skinny when they are newborn! You can always get some after he/she is born if you want them cant you? x

oh my fraggles, he is absolutely adorable!!!!! :happydance:

vicki- wow, that poor lil munchkin. glad she is doing better now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->