Xxx~~~ Mum's that will have 2 under 2 (or there abouts) come join us ~~~xxX

Yay vickie! So exciting! And at least all those clothes you got will get a bit more wear yet :) you can justify buying stuff a lot better now lol.

Moving is going ok thanks, we are still without Internet or a way to receive tv (long story but because of where we are there is no terrestrial tv signal) so it's very boring! I can get on on my phone but it's so slow is frustrating!

Fraggles glad your getting on well! I wish I could have tandem fed, I've weaned james onto cows milk now which he loves and has been such a easy transition but I do feel sad about it.

so are any of you guys going to be moving your toddler to a toddler bed before the new baby comes? or are you buying another crib for new baby? i'm thinking of getting a bed since DS already co-sleeps with us in a bed so he might be used to a bed and sleep easier.

we currently co-sleep with our 13 month old. we are putting up his new toddler bed right next to ours this weekend. my hubby is nesting so he is doing that, painting the kitchen, putting up the changing table, etc.

we dont own a crib, have bought one once but it never worked out so we donated it.

Milos, I mentioned earlier in this thread that to assist and ease the transition, it is better to move your child to a bed before the baby comes. A lot of the anxiety older children feel comes because their changes comes after the baby comes, and they blame the baby. Baby stole my mommy, baby stole my bed, baby stole everything, etc. If you begin the transition prior to the new arrival, while stressful, it's easier on the child and they're less likely to see baby as the cause of all of it. Even if you only start the transition a month before baby is born, it'll be gentler and easier on your older child.

I have kind of unweaned the eldest as he went onto organic formula for a few weeks at end of pregnancy, but he rejects that when the breastmilk is about. He gets all excited when I pump even tried to attach us mouth t rthe bottle I was pumping into.

Nipples are sore but ive found a product which im finding amazing bio-fem instnt compress things. Wow the relief they give is amazing.

I still darent co sleep with the youngesrt he's so tiny. I actually started co sleeping with the last when he started teething.

Blessedmoma- I had diastasis of my sympathis pubis (complete separation) so it was either early induction so they could put me back together or admit me for the final weeks of pregnancy and give me morphine whilst monitoring me. It was a really tough choice, neither one was "best for baby" but the induction failed and was a traumatic experience so won't be doing that again!
Claire- hope you get internet and TV sorted soon.
Fraggles - it's great that he prefers your milk, how cute him trying to drink as you pump lol.
We have Evie's cot-bed set up as a co-sleeper and I don't see that changing anytime soon. We bought another cot-bed so nearer the time Evie will go on daddy's side of the bed. We'll put the new baby into the cot-bed straight away rather than messing about with the moses basket.
I'm a bit excited about decorating their room now, it's completely neutral at the moment but I want it to be full on princess girly. I even want to get glitter paint for the walls lol.

vicki- i had my first dd room done in winnie the pooh and could have been for boy or girl, but my dd loved it. when i had my 2nd dd i did the same thing as you, lol! their room became full on girlie with pink and purple everywhere, princess things, etc, was beautiful :cloud9:

you really had a rough time hun! yikes, i hope this time is much better :hugs:

pinkclaire- i hope your internet issues get worked out if at all possible.

fraggles- good to hear things are going good!

hi there
just wondering if i can join ye ladies? i am 21 weeks pregnant with baby#2, DD will be 20 months when her brother arrives.
iam hoping to move her into a toddler bed at about 23 months or so

welcome and congratulations soontobemom! sounds like a good plan, i bet she will be so excited to be moving to her big girl bed by then! my girls are about 19 months apart, was such a good age to have another. they truly love each other

Hi! I've been sent by Vickie!

I'm Verity, and I'm a teacher. My son, Ted is 7 months, and we are about 6 weeks pregnant with number two. Due to irregular periods, I'm waiting for a dating scan, but we THINK I am due on the 14th of September, making our two 15 months apart in age. We were really keen to have our frist two at least really close in age.
xxx

Welcome and congrats soontobemom, our we ones are due 2 days apart :)
How you doing today Melissa? Hope you're managing to keep out of mischief ;)
:hi: Verity! You made it :thumbup: Your ticker counting down to Teds birthday is scaring me a bit! Eeek!

welcome and congrats oboeverity! our last two will be 14 mos apart. cant say they will be the absolute last two though. im sure you will enjoy every minute, i know we will!

Welcome and congrats soontobemom, our we ones are due 2 days apart :)
How you doing today Melissa? Hope you're managing to keep out of mischief ;)
:hi: Verity! You made it :thumbup: Your ticker counting down to Teds birthday is scaring me a bit! Eeek!

im good today hun. i usually rock my babies to sleep and my 13 month old has been falling asleep by himself with a pillow on the floor the past couple of days. i know its good since i might not be able to rock him on demand with a newborn in the next 3 weeks, but i cant help but feel like he doesnt need me anymore.:cry: believe me, i know how ridiculous it sounds. usually mine are a bit older when they start falling asleep on their own, at least 18 mos to 2 yrs.

how are you today??

Aww that's not ridiculous at all everytime Evie does something new I realise how fast she's growing up and isn't going to be my baby much longer. I think it's just what mama's do. Well done to Jaxon though, I'm sure 3 weeks from now you will appreciate it :hugs:
I'm good today thank you, we're celebrating our anniversary and DH bought me a new sewing machine so I'm looking forward to nap time so I can have a play.

i know its for the best. and i know that when the next one gets here i will be so grateful he is able to do it.

its funny that i have been telling my DH for the past few weeks that i dont know what im gonna do while rocking him to sleep and meeting the needs of a newborn. we started praying about it, and now that its all working out im griping about that too! im a butt sometimes...

happy anniversary!!!! i hope you enjoy your new sewing machine too!!!

Aww that's not ridiculous at all everytime Evie does something new I realise how fast she's growing up and isn't going to be my baby much longer. I think it's just what mama's do. Well done to Jaxon though, I'm sure 3 weeks from now you will appreciate it :hugs:
I'm good today thank you, we're celebrating our anniversary and DH bought me a new sewing machine so I'm looking forward to nap time so I can have a play.

Happy anniversary hun

Happy anniversary!

BM James has started walking properly and I was desperate for him to do it as will make things easier, but now he is I really really sad that all his baby 1sts are over really?! I think we all do that a bit lol xx

brandi- thats a beautiful name :winkwink:

pinkclaire- thanks hun. i go through it with each one. its silly to me, but i do. i think its harder this time cuz he is so young. never had the next baby on the way so soon, so he still seems so little. he is also getting ready to go into his toddler bed from co-sleeping with me. so its like there is so much going on at once. :cry: tonight he is sleeping in his toddler bed next to mine and im sure he will be back in bed with us half way through the night, so i dont know why im boo-hooing. i think its harder on me when they start growing up than it is on them, LOL! he is one of my more independent ones, so i dont want to hold him back. its hard being a mommy sometimes :cry:

i told my Dh its gonna be lonely going to bed tonight, haha. he was like, thanks! :haha:

i really do celebrate each step they take and watch them grow up amazed.... think im hormonal right now

Have you room for one more? I'm only 5 weeks so it's early days for me. LO will be 14 months when baba no 2 arrives! I'm still rocking him to sleep and wondering how I'll cope with this when I'm huge as LO is a big tall boy! Also go back to work in April so it's going to be another summer being huge in a hot office with no air con! Hope all your pregnancies are going well x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->