• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Xxx~~~ Mum's that will have 2 under 2 (or there abouts) come join us ~~~xxX

Armywife, Sam didnt fuss at all bless him but he always tends to chew lots, I know some babies that really struggle so I hope for the next one it's only a few days grief again for you. Aparently the really tough ones are the back ones, can't wait for them :shock:

TheNewWife, I'm going to be counting on you for those top tips of how to cope with those endless breastfeeding sessions with a toddler that wants entertaining :shock: :wacko:

Eeeek! Fingers crossed he's just hard as nails and doesn't make any fuss for them! She has always chewed alot too, we thhought she was teething at 3 months because of that!!! xx

Big news for us today ladies...Poppy finally got a tooth! I can't stop telling people! One year and one week old to the day and she finally has a tooth! Woooohooooo!xx

Aw yay!! That's ace!!!! which one, bottom? That's pretty late isn't it, thought Sam was late with being 9 months for his first... he has 4 now. You watch, they'll be coming thick and fast now!! Hopefully she won't take a fancy to biting your toes like Sam has to us!! :happydance::happydance::haha:

Ladies, forgive me for the following rant but was quite cheesed off today.

My doc (family doctor) had scheduled me to get an ultrasound today as well as bloodwork. That's all fine and good. When I went to the ultrasound clinic, they brought me in and did the scan. While he was doing the scan and looking at what he was doing, it seemed very familiar. When everything is done, he gave me a piece of paper to give to the lab in regards to my bloodwork. I looked at the piece of paper and it was the same bloody scan I did on WEDNESDAY at the hospital. Same values, information, everything.

I went to my doctor's office and spoke to the receptionist and asked as to why I had to get the same IPS scan done twice in a period of two days and she was surprised. I mentioned I did it already at the hospital and she asked why the hospital to begin with. They (the hospital) called me and made the appointment because my family doctor referred me to them. I guess she forgot or something. The receptionist apologized and agreed I didn't need to do the same bloodwork twice. I had to explain the same situation to the lab tech who in turn spoke to the doctor about the whole situation.

Felt like I had wasted a good part of the day. The ultrasound technician wasn't too gentle either which made it worse. >.<

Oh no what a complete waste of time that was!! :hugs:

WOW chatty ladies!!!!!

Welcome to Mommyof_4, Zoya (so good to hear from you again), danni1979 and laura3103 :hi: Loads of familiar faces coming back which is really nice but also lovely to meet the new ladies.

Hey Mommyof_4, my tww buddy, sickness is coming and going in waves not very often or strong but it has been from early on which was totally different to Sam as I got this feeling at 6-7 weeks with him.

:hugs: elly75 must have been so frustrating.

Just got back from France and I'm sooooo glad to be home. Had a lovely time but wanted to get back and take all this in. In true Pippin style I peed on a few sticks as soon as I got home and the lines are getting darker. Phew, but not dark enough for me to be happy if I'm 17 or 18 dpo, I think I must be 15 or 16dpo insead, comparing my tests to Sam tests but I know you can implant later etc etc..... Anyway

I'm sooooo hoping for a girl and I'm getting girl vibes and girl prediction with the chinese lunar chart (which was right with Sam and quite a few friends but it's a bit of fun) but I can only imagine having a boy because of Sam. I'd love a girl but it could all be wishful thinking. If it is a girl I'm going to stop then. Oh and we will be finding out :happydance:

Ahhhh what else have you been talking about, pregnant brain already :dohh: As there are so many of us why don't we have a front page?
PM me your Due date, how many other children and ages at birth if there is enough response I'll do a front page. xxxxx

Welcome back Pippin :wave:

Hahaaa! Jojo, i was so worried i asked the health visitor if there was any way she could have been born without teeth buds as i'd googled it and it IS possible! Haaa! It is bottom left toothy that has come through! I'm so proud, i have been waiting for this moment more than any other, mainly coz i've been so obsessed! xxx

Hahaaa! Jojo, i was so worried i asked the health visitor if there was any way she could have been born without teeth buds as i'd googled it and it IS possible! Haaa! It is bottom left toothy that has come through! I'm so proud, i have been waiting for this moment more than any other, mainly coz i've been so obsessed! xxx

Haha! Oh no the dreaded google!! Guaranteed to feed any hint of paranoia!! Didn't know that was possible though? Glad I didn't google it myself!!

Aw that's fab, normally the other one follows pretty quickly too! It really does change the way they look too when they have little tooties!! Look more grown up and less like babies :cry:

Ladies, I really need your advice. I'm hoping this is a one off but it has me at my wits end.

Christian just learned how to pull himself up to a seating position on his own (I know, he's rather late in doing that). However, since then, I can NOT get him to rest. He'll end up sitting himself up and howling. When I put him back down to a laying position, he howls louder. I think what's compounding things is that another tooth is trying to move down/break out in full.

He hasn't had a full nap all day and I know he's pretty smashed (as are we). However, with bedtime tonight, we've encountered the same problem. He's usually very good in getting himself back to sleep/soothing himself. Now, not so much.

So stressed and frustrated I want to :cry:.

Elly - we have that a problem a bit. Emma just figured it out about a month ago, and now anytime she doesn't want to sleep she'll sit up and cry loudly. She's still not very good at going back into a horizontal position on purpose - so either she falls over or she's stuck. Fortunately, it hasn't really interfered with her sleeping so I have no advice with this.

Does Christian know how to lie down when he wants to? Or does he get stuck sitting up like Emma does?

:hugs:

Hi all - I'm quietly waving hello as I am also preggers and my LO is only 7 months old! :happydance: The funny part is i don't know how pregnant I am as I never got AF back after having my LO, we must have caught the first chance of getting pregnant! I'm currently on my hols in the USA and hopefully there will be a scan appointment waiting for me when I get home in 10 days!

I'm guessing by the MS (much worse than last time) I've had that I am about 10 -12 weeks but my bump has popped out massively in the last week or so and I'm sure i look the same size as i was last time at 4 months! (although I am also still carrying 25lbs that I didn't manage to slim off from the first baby yet!) I'll loose all the weight and get back in my real jeans when I'm done having babies :icecream:

This group will be most helpful as i keep thinking 'is this normal' but everyone I know left years between thier babies so are not much help on the advice side. I am feeling it all much more in MS and tummy aches - but I did only have a baby 7 months agao so my body is still in shock and recovery I guess!

Elly, we had the same problem for a while when Poppy learned to pull herself up. The only thing that worked for us was a little controlled crying. I know this isn't for everyone and it wasn't my parenting style at all. However it seemed the more i'd go lie her down the more determined she was to get back up! After a few days of leaving her for 5 mins, then 10 mins then 15 mins and so on she did get out of the habit.

I can't suggest anything else sweetie as nothing worked for us but this. Good luck xxx

Hi ya, I have 3 boys already 8, 6 and 1 I am due number 4 between 25/30th April 2011 so I will have 2 under 2 as my youngest isn't 2 until august, and it is not as hard as some people make out to be honest I have found it hard in places but the baby just slots into the family and I would have it any other way you'll also find that the youngest will try helping you and will treasure the new bubba that's what my eldest did when his bro was born. X

Elly - we have that a problem a bit. Emma just figured it out about a month ago, and now anytime she doesn't want to sleep she'll sit up and cry loudly. She's still not very good at going back into a horizontal position on purpose - so either she falls over or she's stuck. Fortunately, it hasn't really interfered with her sleeping so I have no advice with this.

Does Christian know how to lie down when he wants to? Or does he get stuck sitting up like Emma does?

:hugs:

He seems to get stuck...poor guy!

Eldar, welcome and WOW! Hope you find out your due date soon.

We've never laid Imogen down for a nap during the day, I know her childminder does, but we always just wait for her to go to sleep on her own and if she seems tired we put her in the jumperoo. If she's sleepy she bounces herself to sleep in a couple of minutes. Do you have something that LO falls asleep in?

So I've been listening to newbaby's heartbeat for a week or so and it's remained resolutely at 176 or 172 bpm which seems high to me. Imogen's was generally somewhere around 148 bpm, although I started listening to it at a later gestation. My blood pressure is a bit higher in this pregnancy too, and I've been having more palpitations (I have them when not pregnant too) so I was wondering if maybe my anxiety/stress was transferring itself to the baby. I've cut down on caffeine and salt, but I don't really have any other bad habits to lose. I've got my first midwife appointment on wednesday so I'll mention it then, but does anyone else know what their babies' heart rate was at 11-12 weeks?

Elly, we had the same problem for a while when Poppy learned to pull herself up. The only thing that worked for us was a little controlled crying. I know this isn't for everyone and it wasn't my parenting style at all. However it seemed the more i'd go lie her down the more determined she was to get back up! After a few days of leaving her for 5 mins, then 10 mins then 15 mins and so on she did get out of the habit.

I can't suggest anything else sweetie as nothing worked for us but this. Good luck xxx

Thanks for the advice, Armywife! We'll give that a shot. :hugs:

As an update for you all, he got to sleep last night and apparently it wasn't sitting up that was a problem. I misread his cues and such (bad mama) and it was his teeth causing him a lot of pain. Gave him some infant tylenol stuff and after an hour, he could finally settle down and sleep.

We've never laid Imogen down for a nap during the day, I know her childminder does, but we always just wait for her to go to sleep on her own and if she seems tired we put her in the jumperoo. If she's sleepy she bounces herself to sleep in a couple of minutes. Do you have something that LO falls asleep in?

So I've been listening to newbaby's heartbeat for a week or so and it's remained resolutely at 176 or 172 bpm which seems high to me. Imogen's was generally somewhere around 148 bpm, although I started listening to it at a later gestation. My blood pressure is a bit higher in this pregnancy too, and I've been having more palpitations (I have them when not pregnant too) so I was wondering if maybe my anxiety/stress was transferring itself to the baby. I've cut down on caffeine and salt, but I don't really have any other bad habits to lose. I've got my first midwife appointment on wednesday so I'll mention it then, but does anyone else know what their babies' heart rate was at 11-12 weeks?

We don't have a jumperoo that we can put him to sleep in. He feels more comfy in his cot/crib. If it's dark in there as well, it's usually not too bad and I'll put on his twilight turtle so he can watch that and drift off.

As for the heartrate, this one's heartrate was about 160 when I had U/S at hospital and about 155 when I had the test at the clinic on Friday.

I remember Sam's being that high occasionally but he remained around 160 if my memory is correct. Mention it to mw as you say, she'll know more :hugs:

Hi all - I'm quietly waving hello as I am also preggers and my LO is only 7 months old! :happydance: The funny part is i don't know how pregnant I am as I never got AF back after having my LO, we must have caught the first chance of getting pregnant! I'm currently on my hols in the USA and hopefully there will be a scan appointment waiting for me when I get home in 10 days!

I'm guessing by the MS (much worse than last time) I've had that I am about 10 -12 weeks but my bump has popped out massively in the last week or so and I'm sure i look the same size as i was last time at 4 months! (although I am also still carrying 25lbs that I didn't manage to slim off from the first baby yet!) I'll loose all the weight and get back in my real jeans when I'm done having babies :icecream:

This group will be most helpful as i keep thinking 'is this normal' but everyone I know left years between thier babies so are not much help on the advice side. I am feeling it all much more in MS and tummy aches - but I did only have a baby 7 months agao so my body is still in shock and recovery I guess!

:hi: welcome, I think we are all a bit apprehensive, I know I am but we'll pull through together. :hugs: Hope you get your scan date asap. I see it that we are just going to get all the puke and poo over and done with quickly :rofl:

Hellooooo!Hope all you ladies are having lovely pregnancies. Can I join? I've just found out I'm expecting my 2nd. My little man Arf is 6 months and I'm 4+2 with my lil' pud today so we'll have two little munchkins this time next year :happydance: My EDD (I think :wacko:) is 22nd April. :flower: xx

OK bad Mummy alert, I shut Sam's fingers in the draw today. HORRIBLE, he screamed... I cried! Frantic phone call to husband to get him home but he's ok now so turned him back. I over reacted just a wee bit but I feel so bad. Sam has forgotten it already but i made him play with iced water just in case. Now we're cuddling on the sofa. Rang my Mum in tears and she had a look via video phone and as he's moving them and able to pick at my keyboard so she said rushing to the hospital as I planned wasn't necessary. :shock: Mum still doesn't know I'm pregnant so hysterical tears just looks like I can't cope!!! Can't wait to tell them when I see them for Sam's birthday.

Oh and can people pm me due dates, how many children you have and the age gap that wlll be at birth, thanks. Will take ages for me to work it out from peoples posts and it's quite useful for reference. xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->