yeast infection cream and yeast swab...any ideas?!

djh

Reaction score
can anyone help me out here?

had a yeast infection about 2 weeks ago, did 3 of the 3 monistat supositories, stopped because they were making me bleed and it seemed as if the chunky yeast was gone. Then i got my period and on the last day of it i started to feel irritation and swelling in that area. that was last wed. So last night i used one of the 3 remaining supositories hoping it would help and get rid of the irritation on the outside (have not had any chunky discharge since 2 weeks ago. I also took a difluan pill yesterday in hopes that that would do the trick but i still feel irritated below. I put the canesten outer fungal cream on... but it almost feels like its burning...so sick of having this! my fertile window is coming soon (wed- fri likely) and i dont know if i will be able to bd.

i alerady have a drs app for something else on wed...should i skip the monistat tonight and tues night so that if the dr has to do another swab test that the cream wont get in the way? what does everyone think? to skip or not to skip?

I used to get frequent yeast infections and it seems like every time I got rid of one I'd have it back a week or 2 later.

After many uses of canesten, monistat and dr prescribed cream finally was introduced to the diflucan / flucanozole (spelling might be a little off) pill, i was told to take one and then 5 days later take another one, each a 150mg dose. It worked.

Then I would only get them once every couple of months.

If this is an ongoing issue for you I was introduced to a magic pill! I talked to my pharmacist and there is an over the counter medication, a probiotic that you take daily that keeps the ph of your vagina balanced. I've taken this for 4 months now and haven't even had a hint of an issue. It's called 'RepHresh Pro B'.

Forgot to answer your question, if your going to take another swab test at the dr's I'd stop using the cream at least 24 hours before probably.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->