Yes, another temping question thread!

BeachyFeelin

Reaction score
I hate posting this, because I've been all over this board saying how temping is great......but I realized something this morning and now I can't get it out of my head :wacko:

Basically I never, ever get 3-4 consecutive hours of sleep. Like, ever. I go to bed excited that "maybe tonight will be the night" but I ALWAYS wake up once, twice, sometimes three times in the night. Usually for no reason. The other night it was because of a terrible nightmare, last night an earthquake woke me up (oh the joys of CA living). And once I wake up once, it's like guaranteed Ill wake up one more time. Sometimes I have to get up and pee in the middle of the night too :dohh:

Also - I wear a night guard because I grind my teeth.

With all that said, I DO have the same pattern going before I temp. My alarm goes off at 6AM, I hit snooze twice and finally roll over, take out my mouth guard at 6:10AM and temp.

Is all this screwing up my temp? If you look at my chart is it all over the place. Or is the fact that I seem to have the same routine (although not great) an indication that my temps are fairly accurate?

(for the record I do have some prescription anti-depressant pills i can take before bed that make me drowsy and HELP me fall asleep. but i'm not sure if they are safe to take while TTC yet and they don't always work in helping me STAY asleep, which seems to be my problem. So I've kind of stopped taking them).

Bottom line - does anyone else have problems sleeping but can still rely on temping as an accurate way to predict Ovulation?

I have issues staying alseep and my logic is (funny as it sounds) that as long as i'm consistent even with my sometimes broken sleep my bbt will relect it and for the most part it has lol. I'm sure there'a a few crazy temps in there but the basic info I'm trying to get from temping shows itself each cycle.

A couple of things I did to help my cause tho was to start vaginally temping (really helped with erratic temps) and taking melatonin before I go to bed (helps me sleep harder for longer). Also if i get up at 4am or after and know I'm not going to fall back asleep properly I just take my bbt and adjust it for the time difference. I think it's .1 degree or something similar for every half hour difference in your waking time. Here's a link

https://www.whenmybaby.com/basalbodytemperature.php

THANK YOU! I am glad that I'm not alone in this "broken sleep" pattern. I think the next time I wake up at 5AM I'll just temp then and adjust.

Thank you so much for that link!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->