You ALL give me strength!!! IVF this summer!!!

Hi ladies!
Well we went to St Marys this morning for my bloods at 7.45 and my baseline scan soon after. The nurse said everything is fine and my follicles look good so we have our first injection tomorrow afternoon at about 4.45 when I can get home from work!! I have to take Metformin tablets 1 in the morning and one in the afternoon as they are expecting me to respond well to the stims so this should prevent OHSS. Can't believe the day has finally arrived when we have the go ahead! Its a weird almost unreal feeling!! Looking forward to getting on with it now. Obviously not looking forward to the injections but it is a means to an end and luckily my DH does not mind needles at all and is up for the job.
Thanks for all of your support and positivity ladies it really helps you when you are down! Highhopes I have thought about adoption too as I can't imagine never being a mum so I think you have to prepare yourself by considering all options.Try not to think that far ahead though!
I dont think November for IVF is too soon at all. This is probably the most important and life changing thing we will ever do in our lives and therefore bosses have a duty to understand that (in their own way!) I am praying that all of us on this thread get a BFP take care everyone :hugs::happydance::hugs:

Hi everyone!
Well I had to share with you all that my 1st stim injection is now complete. I was so nervous just before and wouldnt let my dh near me with the needle! Resulting in a few tears but then I managed to work through it with a cushion over my eyes!!!! So happy its done and its not too bad really! Just got my second tablet to take and then its onto stims day 2. How quickly did any of you ladies react to the drugs? Just womdered if I can expect anything?

My first stims injection I nearly fainted! Had to lie on the floor with my legs elevated coz I felt so faint after it! Pathetic really coz it wasn't that bad at all!!!

I didnt feel anything till at least day 6/7 of stims.

Well done for getting through the first day. One step closer to a bfp xx

Good luck Louise! I was a good few days before I felt anything. My mood was a bit up and down at first then started to feel tired and quite bloated. FC all goes well.... xx

Hi jack79 I feel fine just tired. Done my 3rd injection tonight and ready for the double tomorrow! Had bloods this morning so hopefully things are ok. Dh said he actually likes giving the injections!!? I said do you like inflicting pain on me!!? Well I suppose its a blessing really as I couldn't do it to myself! I have my next bloods on saturday and scan on monday. My head is in a whirr at the moment and its quite surreal like its not really happening!

It all goes by so fast when u r on the short protocol! Sounds like u r doing well though.

Hi again!
Another day done!!
Well we did the menopur tonight and that felt fine, but when it came to the cetronide it was a bigger fatter needle and it hurt for a while as it went in and when it came out it immediately itched and I got a small rash around the injection site. That was about 3 hours ago now and since then it has pretty much disappeared. I am beginning to feel quite bloated and my trousers feel like they are digging in my waist. I am seriously going to have to start thinking about what 'comfortable' clothing I can wear for work especially as I am on my hands and knees a lot playing with the little kiddies! Only other thing is I am feeling very tired, but I don't know if that would be the stims or just work in general. Even after 8 hours solid sleep I still find I am tired and yawning!!! Thanks for the support ladies. How are you all getting on?

I'm feeling exhausted too! Have now lost all the weight I had piled on from my ivf cycle - I totally relaxed my diet and allowed myself whatever I wanted to eat. I was in dresses all summer so didnt have to deal with waistbands digging in but the drugs made me quite bloated!

Think I might turn into a beach whale soon!! LOL! I might just have to wear jogging bottoms for a while.

How's it going Louise? Have u had a scan yet?

Jack how's work? I'm loving my new school! DH job is keeping me very busy which is good coz my due date for the mc baby is coming up (6/10) and I know that's going to be a horrible horrible time. I just keep pushing it to the back of my mind.

Sorry to hear that highhopes. Big hugs to you xx best thing is prob to keep busy. This ivf cycle is whizzing by for us with all the hosp appointments and dashing straight home after work for injections! I have my scan on monday. Just went to hospital this morn for day 6 bloods. Since coming back home I have had a phone call from the nurses to up my menopur from 150 to 187.5. I asked her why and she said my blood level was 592 which is slightly high for day 6. They do like it to be be between 500-600 so its not too bad. Hopefully change in dose will sort things out ready for scan on monday. I have everything crossed for that! !

Hi ladies

All going well with school highhopes. Like u I'm so busy all the time- the term is flying by! Only 4 more weeks until the Oct break! I can imagine 6th Oct will b really hard for u. Ur right about keeping busy in order to take ur mind off it. Maybe u and ur dh should do something nice together that day?

Are u excited about ur scan Louise? I remember the stimming phase went so quickly...then the dreaded 2ww took a lifetime to pass!! Good luck for tomo.
xx

Hi Jack!
Yes I am looking forward to my scan and hope all will be as it should be at this stage! Its out of my hands really - we have done everything so far as we have been told!
Feeling quite fat and bloated today so I am going to have a chilled out day in front of the tv. Apart from that and feeling tired I dont feel any aches or pains so don't know what is going on inside me!? I will let you know tomorrow how the scan goes.

Yeah I think u r right, need to do something nice on 6th oct.

Good luck for ure scan Louise! Let us know how it goes x

Well I just had my bloods and day 8 scan and I have 8 follies on right and 6 on left. They measure 13mm. Estimated ec is friday monday or tues. Hopefully this is good. Back at hosp for nxt scan on wednesday. X

Sounds good to me. My clinic use 3 follies at 18mm as the measure for EC. Can't believe how quickly it has come round for u! Xx

I know! it is crazy to think that this time I will hopefully have had my egg collection!! All the waiting before IVF seems to take forever but once you get going with the meds the actual cycle whizzes by!! How are you Highhopes? xx

I'm doing ok. Loving my new job which is good coz I needed something to go well for me this year! Going to rejoin my gym tonight - I had quit when I was pregnant and never went back after the mc. Just need to keep as busy as possible in the run up to 6/10.

The dirst half of ivf goes by really fast. The TWW lasts forever! Waiting for news of your embryos - whether they fertilised, how many made it overnight, what grade they are etc can be a bit stressful. But I'm sure u will be fine x

Thanks highhopes. Glad you are enjoying your new job as it gives you something positive to focus on. I really hope my scan tomorrow shows that my eggs will be ready for collection soon! It will be day 10 so cant be far off and the nurse said that they don't do egg collection at weekends. Felt absolutely shattered this afternoon. I will let you know what happens tomorrow x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->