You didn't just say that!!!

jodi_19

Mommy of a beauty queen
Reaction score
I'm sure everyone has had that exact phrase go through their minds at least once since ttc. I've thought it (add a few colorful words) sooooo many times since our friends and family found out we've been experiencing secondary infertility. I thought sharing our struggle would give people the opportunity to empathize (mostly keep their mouths shut!) but it has totally backfired, especially with my MIL. Here are a couple of here most recent comments:

*Upon finding out that OH's brother is having twins (they already have 5 kids between them) "You'll have to borrow some of Johnny's kids haha." No, not haha. I proceeded to b*#ch slap her in my head.

* After asking me what I think the sex of the twins will be ( don't much care to talk about it, ugh) "So I guess things still aren't working out for you guys. Look on the bright side, at least you don't have to worry about birth control like most people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WTF! I couldn't believe that she actually said it out loud. I was stunned. That's the end of Sunday dinners for this chick.

I'm sure everyone has had that exact phrase go through their minds at least once since ttc. I've thought it (add a few colorful words) sooooo many times since our friends and family found out we've been experiencing secondary infertility. I thought sharing our struggle would give people the opportunity to empathize (mostly keep their mouths shut!) but it has totally backfired, especially with my MIL. Here are a couple of here most recent comments:

*Upon finding out that OH's brother is having twins (they already have 5 kids between them) "You'll have to borrow some of Johnny's kids haha." No, not haha. I proceeded to b*#ch slap her in my head.

* After asking me what I think the sex of the twins will be ( don't much care to talk about it, ugh) "So I guess things still aren't working out for you guys. Look on the bright side, at least you don't have to worry about birth control like most people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WTF! I couldn't believe that she actually said it out loud. I was stunned. That's the end of Sunday dinners for this chick.
:haha::haha::haha:

Too funny!

Ugh!
People can be so insensitive.

While mentioning to my friend my struggle with ttc, she said, "You must not want another baby as bad as you wanted your first or you would do IUI, (I did IUI with my first)."

Excuse me?!?! I've used both femara and clomid and done a total of 5 IUIs. She however, has gotten pregnant with her 3 kids after ttc 1-3 months. I wanted to say to her, "Are you going to pay for it, watch my toddler and drive my boys to school while I go for scans (which are a 1 hour drive, one way), ensure that I have job security b/c I can't call in sick to have IUI and my manager won't allow me the time off for it, and deal with the ensuing cysts that will come on my ONLY remaining ovary?"

I literally just got up and walked away.
I've learned my lesson though. I haven't spoken to her about it since and I completely avoid the subject when around her.

Thats awful, some people just have no idea how hurtful the things they say are :hugs:

I recently told a friend that we were struggling to conceive, she then spent the next half hour of conversation trying to pursuade me that we had plenty of time for kids and why didn't we just stop trying and enjoy our time together :growlmad: I just dont think people think......

:dust: for you and heres hoping for our bfp's

i'm just sick of the constant, 'ooooo you must be pregnant !' comments if i mention, not feeling too good, needing a wee, having a headache, feeling tired, insert any other random normal everyday thing......... and this is all from people who know damned well how we struggled to conceive our first child !

I was talking to my friend today about how I had been off the pill for nearly 2 yrs, (while she has 4 children, youngest 5 weeks, 2 of which were concieved on birth control) and she says 'are you sure he's putting it in the right hole'??!

Erm.. yeah.. lol

My mother still insists that we are trying to hard. This coming from someone that took 4 years to get pregnant with my older sister, six years to get pregnant with me (after multiple mc) then 2 years to get pregnant with my younger sister. She claims that she had the same problem with trying to hard (She NEVER had any testing done to find out why or any treatments and she smoked and drank while ttc) she has no idea what it is like to try! to pay out of pocket for tests and meds and scans. So i told her that since I started having unprotected sex at 16 (4.5 years ago)I have never gotten pregnant and we didnt actually start trying for a baby until 2.5 years ago. So how do you explain that one! I also asked her if the cysts on my overies are just going to go away if I stop trying? Are my periods going to come back, you know, the natural non medicine induced ones that I havent had since I was 14? This shut her up.

I love this post!!!! Since everyone around me is pregnant I know the feeling
I have gotten to the point that when my friend or family member tells me they are pregnant I Say congratulations out loud and go f-yourself in my head .... that is just me.

My DH grandma tells us we are not doing it right almost everytime I see her, that is after asking if we are going to make her a great grandma...

My cousins wife just got pregnant after 1 month of clomid and she decied that she would give me her wisdom and advice ....

Thanks Just what I needed

I love this post!!!! Since everyone around me is pregnant I know the feeling
I have gotten to the point that when my friend or family member tells me they are pregnant I Say congratulations out loud and go f-yourself in my head .... that is just me.

My DH grandma tells us we are not doing it right almost everytime I see her, that is after asking if we are going to make her a great grandma...

My cousins wife just got pregnant after 1 month of clomid and she decied that she would give me her wisdom and advice ....

Thanks Just what I needed

You're not alone, I say the exact same thing in my head too! Nice to know that others feel the same way because sometimes I feel bad about how pregnancy announcements make me feel.

Thanks for all the support and understanding....and for the lack of advice LOL

I totally understand how you feel...my mom recurrently asks "Has it happened yet?" Asking if I'm pregnant yet. I am so tired of friends telling me they are pregnant, and now when I see pregnant ladies I seriously.....turn around walk away and go to the bathroom wherever I am....and take a cry :( its all I can do lately :(

And then that pesky...."Give it time, it'll happen when its supposed to" THANKS A LOT you know?

My mum is always telling me I need to relax and be more positive. She backed off after I snapped at her a few months ago but now we have been diagnosed with unexplained fertility she has gone back to being convinced it's all in my head.

The worst I have had though is a friend, who knows we are TTC, who told me that if she got pregnant now she would be devastated and definitely have an abortion. That's her choice but so insensitive to say it out loud, I don't need to hear it.

If ONE MORE PERSON says "Oh, you just need to relaaaaaaaaaax".

Shut up!!:brat: :gun:

ooo i forgot the all time favourite of, 'never mind, you can always adopt' :dohh:

I hate the amount of silly comments that people come out with - even the ones when people who dont know you, ask if your pregnant as your a little overweight! They all can 'do one' and stay out of my life if they wanna be unhelpful and thoughtless!

I was talking to my friend today about how I had been off the pill for nearly 2 yrs, (while she has 4 children, youngest 5 weeks, 2 of which were concieved on birth control) and she says 'are you sure he's putting it in the right hole'??!

Erm.. yeah.. lol

omg! :rofl:

Same here!!! Sick of people getting pregnant around me and posting baby pictures on Facebook. My baby did this my baby did that .... oh, you should have one as well. You cant wait too long as clock is ticking.... grrrrrr . Just leave me alone and live your own life.

Ah, forgot the best. A friend of mind is due in two weeks and asked what name would I give if I had a girl. Now she wants the same !!!!!!! :gun::gun:

Same here!!! Sick of people getting pregnant around me and posting baby pictures on Facebook. My baby did this my baby did that .... oh, you should have one as well. You cant wait too long as clock is ticking.... grrrrrr . Just leave me alone and live your own life.

Ah, forgot the best. A friend of mind is due in two weeks and asked what name would I give if I had a girl. Now she wants the same !!!!!!! :gun::gun:

You've got to be kidding!! That is terrible. I would be furious :growlmad:

that is really harsh of her :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->