You didn't just say that!!!

You have Lovely OHs!!
Its wonderful they support you!:happydance:

Everyone continues to tell me every time we discuss the subject to not worry, there will be a Lots of babies! they can in no way guarantee that that will happen. Its nothing compared to what your ILs have said just annoying :ignore:.

I had shared this story with you a few months ago, At a baby shower my cousin told me I have been married too long to not have kids (2 years), It was time and the family needs more babies. I tried to change the subject but she continued to say we needed to get the stressful nights out of the way so we can then enjoy marriage. OMG!! Not only was I at a baby shower but then I had to deal with that too!

When we got three years my MIL took hubby to a side and said to him in a loud, carrying whisper (You may want to think about divorcing her as she can't give you the family you deserve."

He walked over to me, turned my head gently to look at him, took my hand and said "Come on Princess, we are going home to have a romantic dinner and f*ck like bunnies just because we can."

Neither of us have spoken to her since. Lol.

OMFG that is the worst thing I have ever heard! the other comments that people have posted are thoughtless, hurtful or rude .... your MIL's was pure evil!

Luckily, your hubby is a diamond with the gift of saying absolutley the right thing at the right moment ... and I'm not surprised neither of you are talking to her - it's what she deserves

Hi veryone!!
PrincessLou... glad your hubby was so fast on his feet to get you out of there and to make sure your MIL got the point... Your MIL was plain mean and past the "merit of the doubt".. I am so glad your husband reacted the way he did!! My story with inlaws is tough too..

I am glad I found this thread, I had not been in B&B in a long while and just discovered the new look and all.. I have just received an inbox in fb from a friend who has just become pregnant from her 4th child (3 of them while we are TTC) and she wanted to give me a heads up before posting tomorrow, which was very nice of her to care... But she managed to write something like: "little angels choose their parents, we have been blessed to be chosen 4 times, and I am sure somewhere in heaven there will someday be one that finally chooses you"... ARGHHH!!! :dohh: I know she meant to give me hope?? But oh dear, it sunk my heart.. I´ve gotten this many times before of course, but coming from someone who has been chosen 4 times?? As if so far we are not the best choice out there?? I actually began writing her mad as hell to ask her if those same little angels prefer to choose a girl 16 and pregnant (as in the MTV show) or prefer to come to households where parents drink and take drugs and hurt their kids, or like those damn Duggars where they will be baby #20 and will absolutely in no way have the attention they deserve... But I erased all of that and just wen on to reply I was very happy for her and her hubby, and thanks for the heads up, and those kinds of things...She is in no way mean, but man did that hurt.. Specially because AF came yesterday again... I was kind of ok until I read that...

Oh well...
Big hug to all.. Thanks for this thread, it has a touch of humour and I like that...

StorkStalker

When we got three years my MIL took hubby to a side and said to him in a loud, carrying whisper (You may want to think about divorcing her as she can't give you the family you deserve."

He walked over to me, turned my head gently to look at him, took my hand and said "Come on Princess, we are going home to have a romantic dinner and f*ck like bunnies just because we can."

Neither of us have spoken to her since. Lol.

OMG! That bitch! :growlmad: Sorry for calling her that but that is what she sounds to me....mil from hell! But what a sweet DH you have. :cloud9:

Ther is only a selected few that know we have a "problem" and they are only told because we had to for various of reasons. My ILs are certainly not those chosen few but we have been married 6 years and actively TTC for 3 years....people have just taken upon themselves that there is a problem. I have had a few things said to me that hurt me. Of course there is the usual comments that most of you have mentioned. I ended up telling my sister and my mum to a certain extend of my problem as they both had to come with me for my HSG last year. My DH did not drive then and I had to depend on my sister to take me home. When I first told her of my the problems I said to her now would she stop asking me when I was going to make her an auntie. I thought she took the hint but a few months later she said "when are you going to make me an auntie?" :dohh: I don't know if it was out of her mouth before she realised because she had never asked me again.

I remember my MIL saying to me that DH and I were lucky to have bought our house. She said that look at poor SIL (her daughter) and her husband because they have to rent as they can't afford a deposit for a mortgage. I was thinking f**k you, my SIL has two gorgeous girls both conceived within 1 month of trying!!! I would give up my house and rent to have a baby.

Another one was a friend of mine. She knows everything about our TTCing and she got married in April. She approached me to tell me that her an DH are planning to start TTC at Christmas. Her point? To give me a heads up if she falls pg!!!

I had shared this story with you a few months ago, At a baby shower my cousin told me I have been married too long to not have kids (2 years), It was time and the family needs more babies. I tried to change the subject but she continued to say we needed to get the stressful nights out of the way so we can then enjoy marriage. OMG!! Not only was I at a baby shower but then I had to deal with that too!

:haha: why are people in such a rush, I have been married 3 years and we only decided to try after our first wedding anniversary.

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

DH and I went to a party. I almost didn't go because I was still passing clots and suffering from retained tissue from my first miscarriage, but there were some friends going who we hadn't seen in ages...
I was standing in the kitchen chatting with one of those friends when this guy turned up at the kitchen door and shouted over everyone's head: Why are you drinking? Shouldn't you be pregnant by now? You've been married long enough! Do we need to be questioning your husband's sperm quality?

I was so utterly gobsmacked that unfortunately all I could do was ignore him and I have ever since.

I def have to agree with you there - some people have no understanding

hi, over my 16yrs of ttc i have had a lot of thoughtless and hurtful comments but the one that sticks with me the most is one that happened 7yrs ago. one of my neices died at 3mt frm cot death. at her funeral a neighbour man of ours said to my dh and me in front of the mother and 8 other people "when are you 2 starting one" in confusion i looked at him and said what are you on about one what? he pointed at the coffin and said "one of them".there was total silence in the room and the mother said to him why would anyone want to have a baby when something like this could happen. he said you cant think like that these things dont normally happen.

total asshole :nope:
rosebud

:shock: That's awful! I would have slapped him for the mother :growlmad: Some people really just have no tact...

My worst experience -aside from the You're trying too hard/Relax/It will happen when it's supposed to happen/Maybe it's not meant to be right now... is this -

I was sitting at a friends kitchen table and were discussing a recent m/c that a friend has had. She looks at me and says that she couldn't imagine. She would feel like such a failure as a woman if she wasn't able to get pregnant/had a m/c. I was stunned speechless. I just kind of sat there and stared at her for a few seconds. I felt like looking at her and saying - So I'm a failure as a woman because I haven't gotten a bfp yet? ...Of course I refrained, then vented to DH later.

Goodness, it's unreal how much people lack when it comes to tact!

Mine isn't as bad as some listed already but here's mine...

So my DH's friend announced to him that they already conceived their child after being married all of 3 months (shocker!). Of course, he already has one from a previous marriage and can barely afford to pay for that one. And he's often borrowing gas $ from my DH. The ones who can't even support themselves are always the most fertile.

Mind you that my DH has already shared our struggle.

This month he has the audacity to ask my DH if we want to come over to his home for Thanksgiving! :saywhat::saywhat:

:haha: why are people in such a rush, I have been married 3 years and we only decided to try after our first wedding anniversary.

We waited until our 2 year anniversary to start trying. We wanted to have our careers established, buy a house, train our puppies, etc. before bringing a LO into the equation. I don't understand why people rush into having children (unless they are older and/or they have been with OH for a long time). I really enjoyed the 2 years of just being with hubby and enjoying each other. Now bring on the baby!!! :haha:

:shrug: I personally have only been married to my husband for a little over 7 months now, but we've lived together for almost 3 years and have been together for 4. I know we haven't been together a long time, but we feel it's the next step for us :) I think it's just one of those to-each-their-own things :flower:

I love this post!!!! Since everyone around me is pregnant I know the feeling
I have gotten to the point that when my friend or family member tells me they are pregnant I Say congratulations out loud and go f-yourself in my head .... that is just me.

My DH grandma tells us we are not doing it right almost everytime I see her, that is after asking if we are going to make her a great grandma...

My cousins wife just got pregnant after 1 month of clomid and she decied that she would give me her wisdom and advice ....

Thanks Just what I needed

:laugh2: ... I say congratulations out loud and go f-yourself in my head... funniest thing I've seen on any of the threads!

I just love it when people say 'I know it will happen for you'... well HOW do you know it will happen? Did you get your crystal ball serviced recently?

We waited until our 2 year anniversary to start trying. We wanted to have our careers established, buy a house, train our puppies, etc. before bringing a LO into the equation. I don't understand why people rush into having children (unless they are older and/or they have been with OH for a long time). I really enjoyed the 2 years of just being with hubby and enjoying each other. Now bring on the baby!!! :haha:

:haha: bring on the babies!! I agree with you, I know people who have been together 8 weeks and waiting to try :shrug:

:shrug: I personally have only been married to my husband for a little over 7 months now, but we've lived together for almost 3 years and have been together for 4. I know we haven't been together a long time, but we feel it's the next step for us :) I think it's just one of those to-each-their-own things :flower:

You have been together same amount of time as me and my DH :thumbup: I think if you have been together a long time then you have had that me and you time (which I think is important for couples), I know one girl who has been with her bf 8 weeks and already on about trying in the next few weeks! 8 WEEKS!

Yeah...but you fall into the "been with oh for a long time" category...lol. I also understand everyone does their own thing too though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->