You'd think I'd be able to tell if was preggo or not

Yeah but wouldn't the blood test from tues have been positive then? Even at 1 to 3 days after implantation?

The lady i mentioned in the earlier post didnt have it show up on a blood test until she was over ten days late for af. All pregnancy tests were negative. At first she went in to get a blood test and it showed negative. A few days later she went to get another done and it finally showed up. It all depends on how quickly the hcg rises. For her it rose super slow. So no a blood test may not pick it up that soon. If af doesnt show there is obviously a reason. This lady started thinking that after the first neg blood test that maybe something else was causing it. But then it finally showed up and she was surprised. Nothing is ever out of the question if af hasnt shown. Only af can ever rule out a pregnancy if everything else has always been normal.

The way i think of it is this: think of a blood test as a pregnancy test. If you get a negative test, you wouldnt just go "ok im not pregnant" and stop testing. You would keep testing until you get af or a positive. Same goes with a blood test. One blood tests results isnt the be all end all when it comes to pregnancy. Just because you get negative results one time, doesnt mean you wont get positive the next. Some women just have low hcg to start out with and it doesnt double and rise as fast as others. There are people out there who didnt get a positive pregnancy test until they were a few weeks missed af. It can happen. So dont lose faith. As long as that witch stays away you are still in the game. If af still doesnt show in a few more days i would go get another blood test to see if the results have changed.

I'm in the same boat. CD43, :bfn:, no :af:. I had the tiniest bit of blood today when I wiped, but not enough for a pantyliner even.

New here, btw. I've been trying for 8 months for our 2nd and this is the first time I've been late. My cycle is usually 31-33 days like clockwork.

Keep us updated!

Glad that I'm not alone! 43 days is very overdue. Are you testing like crazy like me?! Do you have any symptoms?

I can't tell either and am confused. Let me go through my symptoms and tell me what you think...

Cd1 was Oct 27

Around cd23-24 got a cold, I thought I may have been ovulating around then as that's what my app said but I'm not sure. Mostly cold symptoms at that time.

Cd 27-28ish - started feeling nausea and extreme fatigue, still stuffy nose, sore hips

Cd35-36ish - still off and on nauseau, breasts slightly tender off and on, still fatigued.

Cd 37 - pain in side during bd

Cd 40 - day I was expecting af based on last month. Bfn. Felt some cramping on one side.

Cd 42 - bfn

Cd 45 - bfn

Cd46 - today - super sore breasts and hips, really light pink spotting in am and evening, heightened sense of smell in evening. Some nausea.

well my story, i have a clockwork 28 day cycle and i swore i was not pregnant... i even yelled at my boyfriend out of no where that i wasnt and that gave him the idea that his hunch was true, because he noticed my pms symptoms were not the same as they usually are. he knew i was pregnant before i did. at 8 dpo i took a test with the third urine i had of the day, which was around 4 pm, and surprise! faint lines on all the wondfos and frer tests i took! i took the tests again about an hour later, even though that seemed quite quick, but it still picked up faint! so no, it's not always the case to know you're pregnant before testing. i will say though, i think i was just in denial because i too noticed my pms symptoms were not what i expected at all that cycle!

The way i think of it is this: think of a blood test as a pregnancy test. If you get a negative test, you wouldnt just go "ok im not pregnant" and stop testing. You would keep testing until you get af or a positive. Same goes with a blood test. One blood tests results isnt the be all end all when it comes to pregnancy. Just because you get negative results one time, doesnt mean you wont get positive the next. Some women just have low hcg to start out with and it doesnt double and rise as fast as others. There are people out there who didnt get a positive pregnancy test until they were a few weeks missed af. It can happen. So dont lose faith. As long as that witch stays away you are still in the game. If af still doesnt show in a few more days i would go get another blood test to see if the results have changed.

You're right. I think I actually O'd around 12/4 to 12/7. The cramping and tenderness is gone so I think I was ovulating not pregnant. So a blood test on 12/9 would be negative I would think. Now I'm just tired with sore boobs so maybe I just conceived after AF was due! I'll test in a week or so to see. Maybe I'm not out yet! BD was painful on 12/7 and I've read that can happen with O

Crossedfingers: I felt a bit queasy on Tuesday and Wednesday afternoon, but other than that I've felt nothing unusual.

I've been testing every day and have just decided to take a break over the weekend and test again on Monday if AF doesn't come.

Should I get a blood test? I hate seeing the doctor over stuff like this, especially if it turns out that I just had a late cycle.

well my story, i have a clockwork 28 day cycle and i swore i was not pregnant... i even yelled at my boyfriend out of no where that i wasnt and that gave him the idea that his hunch was true, because he noticed my pms symptoms were not the same as they usually are. he knew i was pregnant before i did. at 8 dpo i took a test with the third urine i had of the day, which was around 4 pm, and surprise! faint lines on all the wondfos and frer tests i took! i took the tests again about an hour later, even though that seemed quite quick, but it still picked up faint! so no, it's not always the case to know you're pregnant before testing. i will say though, i think i was just in denial because i too noticed my pms symptoms were not what i expected at all that cycle!

Oh I know, my first pregnancy, I didn't know that I was expecting until I took the test. Like you, my hubby knew before I did!

Crossedfingers: I felt a bit queasy on Tuesday and Wednesday afternoon, but other than that I've felt nothing unusual.

I've been testing every day and have just decided to take a break over the weekend and test again on Monday if AF doesn't come.

Should I get a blood test? I hate seeing the doctor over stuff like this, especially if it turns out that I just had a late cycle.

Good luck with not testing this weekend! I don't think that I have the will power. :haha:
I'm going to get a blood test on Monday because I really feel so many symptoms. And I think I just want to find out for sure. I'd get a blood test if you think it'd make you feel less stressed about it.

I can't tell either and am confused. Let me go through my symptoms and tell me what you think...

Cd1 was Oct 27

Around cd23-24 got a cold, I thought I may have been ovulating around then as that's what my app said but I'm not sure. Mostly cold symptoms at that time.

Cd 27-28ish - started feeling nausea and extreme fatigue, still stuffy nose, sore hips

Cd35-36ish - still off and on nauseau, breasts slightly tender off and on, still fatigued.

Cd 37 - pain in side during bd

Cd 40 - day I was expecting af based on last month. Bfn. Felt some cramping on one side.

Cd 42 - bfn

Cd 45 - bfn

Cd46 - today - super sore breasts and hips, really light pink spotting in am and evening, heightened sense of smell in evening. Some nausea.

The super sore breasts, heightened sense of smell, and nausea sound promising. Those are the things I had during my pregnancy with my daughter. Have you taken tests?

day 34, super sore breasts, hungry, threw up my breakfast. Not testing today to save some $ :haha:
Testing first thing tomorrow a.m.

Sounds to me like you are preggers :) Must be a slow hcg riser...fx that you finally get your bfp soon.

It sounds like you've got a good chance! Keep us posted.

I'm definitely out thanks to the :witch: showing up today, finally.

I haven't tested since the spotting, I'm waiting a couple days incase it is implantation. Don't want to see a bfn again :(

I read it usually happens around 10 days after ovulation.... 10 days ago we bded three times! So odds could be in our favour if that was ovulation day! Still no af on cd47...

I haven't tested since the spotting, I'm waiting a couple days incase it is implantation. Don't want to see a bfn again :(

I read it usually happens around 10 days after ovulation.... 10 days ago we bded three times! So odds could be in our favour if that was ovulation day! Still no af on cd47...

Wow! No AF on CD47?! That's a crazy long time to wait for something, whether it be a BFP or AF. I hope that both of us get our answers soon.

Yeah at cd47 it better be bfp! Haha. If it's not I'll be going to the dr to see if they can do anything!

Nothing tonight... If it's implantation I would've ovulated about ten days ago, and ten days ago we bded three times so I feel like that would've been good odds! So hopefully! I'll try and hold out a day or two to test again. If it's implantation when would a positive show up by?

Hope you get a bfp soon! What are your symptoms?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->