• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Young PCOS'ers! ~ 35 BFPs down!! ~

Hi ladies! How are you?

I started metformin today and am really excited. My cycles have been getting longer (last one was 78 days!) so am hoping this will sort them out.

Oh, and we've just been on holiday to Malaysia and visited an historic building built and owned by a great Chinese figure. The tour guide was saying that visiting the building helps fertility as women who are TTC concieve within 3 months of visiting it! Haha. I'm not superstitious but it would be hilarious (and awesome) if this turns out to be the case...

Lulu, I can't believe that they didn't say anything. It's definitely important for him to be seen. Doctors frustrate me sometimes. They are payed to catch these sorts of things!

Thanks. He talked to his doctor and his doctor said he wasn't too worried about it. Ugh. But he does have an appointment this Friday to go over that and his slightly high cholesterol. I told DH not to take anything the doctor gives him for the low testosterone because we are going to see the RE soon and they are more experienced with hormones. So I'd rather him take or do whatever the RE says versus a regular doctor.

My period was supposed to come last Monday and didn't. So naturally I got excited so I took a test and got a negative. Then today I started getting the WORST CRAMPS EVER. Ugh!

I guess that means another month is down the drain. *sighs*

This is the never ending battle. I just want to give up.

Congrats again!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So excited for you!

My period was supposed to come last Monday and didn't. So naturally I got excited so I took a test and got a negative. Then today I started getting the WORST CRAMPS EVER. Ugh!

I guess that means another month is down the drain. *sighs*

This is the never ending battle. I just want to give up.

Aw I am sorry :hugs:

The same thing happened to me on cycle #7. I was a "week late" and I tested for like 1 week straight, and all BFN's. Then AF showed. But I realized, I probably O'd later then I thought. So my 2WW ended up being a 3WW like you.

It does seem like a never ending battle. But never give up! We will get our BFP's!!!!

I just turned 20, and found out I have PCOS as well!
Hubby and I have been TTC for about 4 months :)

I just wanted to ask a question, i got PCOS and wanted to know if anyone who is on the larger size and has PCOS got pregnant?

ahhhh congrats katherine! so excited for you!!!!

I just wanted to ask a question, i got PCOS and wanted to know if anyone who is on the larger size and has PCOS got pregnant?

From what I've read and heard, it's possible but more difficult to conceive. I know that with PCOS it's harder to lose weight, but doing simple things like going for a walk 5 days per week and cutting out soda can help tremendously. Sometimes 10 pounds makes a big difference.

How long have you been TTC? Are you on any fertility medication?

Hi everyone, I am glad I found other women who are going through the same problems Im having ttc.
I am 26 and I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was just 15. At the time I thought it was great not having AF popping up everything month. Little did I know I was in for the worst ride of my life.
My hubby and I decided to start trying for our first little one about a year ago. I went to the doctor and was put on clomid. Unfortunately clomid didn't work for 4 cycles and I didn't like the idea of fertility drugs anyway. I am presently on fertilaid trying my luck and waiting impatiently for AF to arrive. My cycles are very irregular (between 100-120 days):cry:
I have another appointment in June with my doctor who is insisting I get back on clomid. So while I wait I'll be taking fertilaid to see what happens.
I'm glad to see women here get their BFP it makes me feel there is actually hope for us.

Hello,

Congrats Katherinegrey...

I'm 29 (30 in 3 weeks!) and I was told I have PCOS in December 2011 after being referred to a gynecologist by my GP and had a ultrasound...saw the nasty cysts like a pearl necklace on my ovaries:cry:

I was gutted but I was kind of expecting it. My periods have never been regular (only when on the pill), I'm slightly overweight, bad skin and my PMT is crazy- the hormone imbalance turns me in to a different person.

We've been waiting to try to conceive but now we know this and the gynecologist said it would be harder to conceive we've decided to give it a go. So i have 3 days left on my pill packet and then we'll see what happens.
The gynaecologist said 'until you try, you don't know' and if there is a problem they will give me clomid...anyway so wish us luck over the next couple of months :thumbup:

One question though to you all, the gynecologist said not to bother with OPK's as they don't work well for people with PCOS? but I see some of you use them successfully?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->