Young PCOS'ers! ~ 35 BFPs down!! ~

lulu that sucks, but hopefully once AF has been and gone you can look forward to a fresh new (and hopefully successful!) cycle! it sucks if you didnt ovulate, i know how disheartening it can be.

ghinsphere, i hope this next cycle is your lucky one! look forward to hearing how it all goes!!

@nlk

Hi thanks for the reply,
I did try starting my own thread but have yet to get any replies on it, lots of views though! lol.
Yeah from what I read it does just help you naturally, and was just kind of looking for some stories of people who had luck with it.

Glad to hear that normal blood sugar does not necessarily mean insulin resistant, I was a bit skeptical about the metformin working looking at it that way!
Thanks Again,
Amanda

no worries!

where did you post your thread? if youve posted in the ttc forums, it may be worthwhile posting again in the seondary infertility, which is located in the longterm trying to conceive bit..i think there might be more women in there who have first hand experience of taking drugs such as metformin.

hopefully you get some more information on it all!

hi all, i'm new to all this, and am going to give it a try. i'm 27 going on 28. my partner and i are going into our 4th year of trying to conceive. i was diagnosed with PCOS 2 years ago when i notice after the death of my father that my cyles stopped for 10 months. i have gone to my first gyno 2 years ago and he ran extra tests - i have a slight insulin resistance. my partners sperm is above average. i have been on clomid for approx of 12 cycles, in which my cycles have been at different counts ranging from 35 day to now just gone to 27 day. i eat heathly i work heaps as i love the job i do. but i'm over the fact that everyone around me is not even trying to fall pregnant for the right reasons and are falling pregnant. it hurts knowing i've put everything into this and i feel that no one who's around me on the day to day life really understands what i'm going through.
looking for help and support from anywhere as i'm close to just giving up and throwing the towel in.
:(

hi all, i'm new to all this, and am going to give it a try. i'm 27 going on 28. my partner and i are going into our 4th year of trying to conceive. i was diagnosed with PCOS 2 years ago when i notice after the death of my father that my cyles stopped for 10 months. i have gone to my first gyno 2 years ago and he ran extra tests - i have a slight insulin resistance. my partners sperm is above average. i have been on clomid for approx of 12 cycles, in which my cycles have been at different counts ranging from 35 day to now just gone to 27 day. i eat heathly i work heaps as i love the job i do. but i'm over the fact that everyone around me is not even trying to fall pregnant for the right reasons and are falling pregnant. it hurts knowing i've put everything into this and i feel that no one who's around me on the day to day life really understands what i'm going through.
looking for help and support from anywhere as i'm close to just giving up and throwing the towel in.

im so sorry to hear you feel like this. i know how hard it is, when everyone else seems to be getting pregnant without even trying...and here we all are, going to ridiculous lengths just for a shot at it! its hard to keep going everyday, especially when you get a bit of a down day where you feel like giving up. maybe it might be worth just taking a break from it all? just have a few months (or even just one month) off of clomid, not actively ttc, just to relax and enjoy yourself a bit. then, when you think youre ready to start it again, you will be refreshed and ready to face it all. ive spoken to a few girls who have done this, and actually ended up getting pregnant whilst they were taking a break from actively ttc, or on their first cycle back on clomid!

it definitely shouldnt be this stressful, but i know that it is. i dont know what else to say, otherwise i would not be stressed about it all myself. if you ever need to chat, feel free to pm me. youre always welcome to vent here, as well! x

I haven't been able to start my Clear blue Easy Monitor testing yet this cycle because it's not blinking with the testing sign. It's annoying waiting to see that flashing little stick to tell me I can start testing once more.

I'm not certain if I will ovulate this cycle but I am hoping that the Metformin is going to do something this time. Although my last period has been REALLY light. So I'm not exactly sure what is going on because when I did take a pregnancy test it said negative. All I can do is wait until I can start testing again to see if I get that little egg.

PCOS can be frustrating and it's making me feel like I am infertile.

Don't give up! What has your doctor said? Do you know what the next step would be? I know how frustrating it can be. Just know that you're not alone. We all feel the same things you're feeling.

Seems like everyone's waiting for the next cycle. I'm in the same boat. I've just finished one cycle of testing with the clear blue monitor and it didn't pick up a peak. I had 19 days of high. I'm so bummed. I was really hopeful that I would become somewhat regular but it isn't working out that way. Now I'm just hoping I'll get a period. Before BCP I wasn't getting any on my own. So I guess we'll see

Don't give up! What has your doctor said? Do you know what the next step would be? I know how frustrating it can be. Just know that you're not alone. We all feel the same things you're feeling.

Seems like everyone's waiting for the next cycle. I'm in the same boat. I've just finished one cycle of testing with the clear blue monitor and it didn't pick up a peak. I had 19 days of high. I'm so bummed. I was really hopeful that I would become somewhat regular but it isn't working out that way. Now I'm just hoping I'll get a period. Before BCP I wasn't getting any on my own. So I guess we'll see
thanx heaps, as for my next step you won't believe what i have to do. my original gyno has left ths state i live in to move up the coast, not only did i not find out in time to get a transfer but i'm trying to get in and see another gyno who's waiting list is 6 months!!! so i have no next step. the only thing i have to go on is that for the past 3 cycles i have been consistant without the medication clomid but the only thing that has not changed since being on clomid is how heavy i bleed.and the only last bit of good news is that when i went to my GP she stated that both ovaries are not enlarged anymore and that she can not feel any signs of cysts. (not sure if i should believe this even though it was done in january) that was a internal when i got my pap done.

Missingachild

I can't believe the wait is that long! Ask them to put you on the cancellation list. Theres bound to be that patients cancel before then. I really hope you can get in before then.
Don't get too stressed out. Since we've started TTC, I've been so emotional and was putting so much pressure on myself. I felt like a failure for not being able to do what millions of other women can.
Well, I finally have come to terms that it's just not going to happen for me as easy as it has been for my friends. And that's ok. Everyone has hardships they go through and getting pregnant happens to be mine. I knew that I had to surrender and let God take control. I feel like a weight has been lifted.

Hi! I'm 18 years old, diagnosed with PCOS 3 years ago at 15, TTC #1 and this is our first month. I'm really hoping it will happen instantly, especially after recieving my psychic reading but I'm almost certain it won't!

Fingers crossed for you! x

i have already asked to be put on the cancelation list but as the receptionist said there is only 3 gynos and being rural its really hard to be first.

I haven't been able to start my Clear blue Easy Monitor testing yet this cycle because it's not blinking with the testing sign. It's annoying waiting to see that flashing little stick to tell me I can start testing once more.

I'm not certain if I will ovulate this cycle but I am hoping that the Metformin is going to do something this time. Although my last period has been REALLY light. So I'm not exactly sure what is going on because when I did take a pregnancy test it said negative. All I can do is wait until I can start testing again to see if I get that little egg.

PCOS can be frustrating and it's making me feel like I am infertile.

I know how you feel! I didn't gets peak and feel like I've wasted 20 sticks. Ugh, so frustrating!

Welcome Emily! My husband and I recently started trying as well. We are in the same boat, it seems :0)

Missingachild, I'm sorry :0(
What a bummer. Reading your post did make me realize that I should probably schedule my appointment with my doctor to talk about the next step. The first appointment she had wasn't until the middle of March!

Hello, how is everyone? Anything new?

I have a question. I have still not heard from the FS. She called me last week, but I missed the call and tried calling her right back but she didn't answer. I also left another voice mail yesterday morning. I do not want to go to another FS because the next closest one through Kaiser is 90 minutes away!

I see others who just go to their regular doctor or an OBGYN and they get basic treatment such as metformin and/or Clomid. How did you do that? Mine just told me to go see a FS. I already know what is wrong, and I am sure the FS is just going to try out Clomid first but it is taking forever! Now I am already on CD 6 of my new cycle so it is too late to try Clomid this cycle. I am thinking about making an appointment with another OBGYN. What do I say to them to try and get help???

Hello, how is everyone? Anything new?

I have a question. I have still not heard from the FS. She called me last week, but I missed the call and tried calling her right back but she didn't answer. I also left another voice mail yesterday morning. I do not want to go to another FS because the next closest one through Kaiser is 90 minutes away!

I see others who just go to their regular doctor or an OBGYN and they get basic treatment such as metformin and/or Clomid. How did you do that? Mine just told me to go see a FS. I already know what is wrong, and I am sure the FS is just going to try out Clomid first but it is taking forever! Now I am already on CD 6 of my new cycle so it is too late to try Clomid this cycle. I am thinking about making an appointment with another OBGYN. What do I say to them to try and get help???

Hi Lulu. im not really too sure about how to get back in contact with the FS..how far away is she from you? is there anyway you could just go down there, or get through to her receptionist? i mean, what did the message say? did it ask you to call her back, or was it everything that she basically would have told you in person...it might be best to try and go back to your doctor and see whether they can get in contact for you.

my regular doctor wont prescribe me clomid either. i think it depends on whether they know much about fertility. i asked my doctor outright why i couldnt just have it from him, rather than waiting 6 weeks for an appointment with a FS, and he said it was because of the amount of monitoring that i would need, and he is not able to do it sufficiently. but i know many people who seem to be getting it straight from their doctor. my doctor has explained what is wrong to the FS already, so all i need is some further testing to make sure that pcos is the only problem and then they will start me on clomid. so maybe it is the same for you. i can imagine how frustrating it is to have already started a new cycle, but im pretty sure they wouldnt have simply put you on clomid straight away, so i dont think you have necessarily missed out on anything. like i said, i have already had all my bloodwork done, by my doc said that they will probably want to take more swabs etc for their own use, which wont be done before i see them.

sorry for the long reply. i think your best option is to keep trying to contact them, and leave messages. i imagine theyre really busy. if not, go back to your doctor and ask them to chase her up on your behalf.

on another note, i finally got my FS referral, after six months waiting. so only a few more weeks to wait! we might get to be clomid buddies :thumbup: i just have to get through this provera, which my body seems to be hating. throwing up for 2 days is not nice!!

Thanks! Yeah, well I believe the OBGYN would have sufficient monitoring, etc. I have Kaiser so ALL of my doctors (including the FS) are all in the same hospital! I am requesting an appointment with the OBGYN to follow up with them and see if she can't get a hold of the FS. You don't really need a referral to the FS and there is only one number to call them, and it is the number to the infertility coordinator...who never answers! All she said when she left a message was to call her back. OMG I just listened to the voice mail again. And the number she left me was different then the number I have. :dohh:

I just wanted to tyr Clomid with the OBGYN because then everything would be covered! I only have 50% coverage for infertility treatments....ugh. Well I guess I have an expensive journey ahead of me!

YAY! Clomid buddies! Good luck at your appointment. Let us know how it goes!

Hi ladies! How is everyone doing? Hope we have at least one BFP!

I went to my doctor this last Wednesday and she gave me provera to start my period and then clomid to take on CD5-9. I am on my third day taking provera and thought to myself, 'my doctor never did a urine test to make sure I wasn't pregnant.' I decided to take one thinking there was no possible way I was pregnant since I've never had a positive opk. I quickly looked at it and did a double take because there was a VERY faint pink line. I just took another one and same thing. I am going into the clinic tomorrow morning to get a blood test. I'm nervous about taking provera while possibly pregnant. What do you ladies think?

Montana, I'd hold off on the provera just yet until your bloods come back honey!! Good luck!!!

montana, i agree with katherine...you should definitely not take the provera until you know for sure that youre not pregnant. when i was prescribed it, the first thing i did was take a trst to make sure, because apparently it can cause a lot of problems, because youre messing with your hormone levels so much in a short space of time. postponing them a few days wont cause any issues :)

hope its your bfp and that you dont need the provera after all!!

Hi everyone, it has been awhile and I've been struggling. I'm due for my period this week. I know that it will probably come. Supposedly according to my ovulation monitor I ovulated. It was first time I have EVER gotten a reading. Sadly hubby wasn't here and on a business trip instead.

I just wish this journey was a little easier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->