Young PCOS'ers! ~ 35 BFPs down!! ~

It's horrible when you hear some of the stuff that people go through...I still think I've been pretty lucky with how I've found the nhs so far. It's so unfair, how differently everyone gets treated. I've had a fair amount of dealings with the nhs, and a lot of them have been pretty crappy. As a whole, it sucks, but I think I've found the one doctor who seems to make me count myself lucky - he's currently campaigning to get women who need fertility treatment seen in the same light as those with any other illness: our hospital doesn't currently have it's own infertility clinic, and we have to share with (get this)........the antenatal clinic :dohh: out of all the places they could have put us, how insenstive!

I definitely can see how angry you've all gotten for me! :haha:

stayhopeful how is the injectables cycle going?????

Good so far, I'm on day 3 of Letrozole and I start Menopur on Fri. Nervous about everything! I put the Menopur in the fridge when I got it today, was that right? There's two vials instead of one so I'm not really sure what I'm doing....

Well my opk is now negative. Thinking I o'd today. It's mine and DP's 2nd wedding anniversary today... So lovely that there's a little anniversary eggy floating around in there! Fx for an October BFP and a beautiful June baby!

It's horrible when you hear some of the stuff that people go through...I still think I've been pretty lucky with how I've found the nhs so far. It's so unfair, how differently everyone gets treated. I've had a fair amount of dealings with the nhs, and a lot of them have been pretty crappy. As a whole, it sucks, but I think I've found the one doctor who seems to make me count myself lucky - he's currently campaigning to get women who need fertility treatment seen in the same light as those with any other illness: our hospital doesn't currently have it's own infertility clinic, and we have to share with (get this)........the antenatal clinic :dohh: out of all the places they could have put us, how insenstive!

I definitely can see how angry you've all gotten for me! :haha:

Ours is the same - the first time I went it was okay, I was so nervous I barely noticed. The second time I went I got asked for my maternity chart by the receptionist and you can imagine how that ended - fireworks, tears and all kinds of bad.

Glad you've got a good doctor. Ours isn't horrendous, but he's also the first to admit he's too busy to give us the proper care we need.

Hope today is a little better for you

Laurac, hope this not rude or too forward, but i got nothing to lose here, I see your in a lesbian relationship- and that just seems damn handy you have a spare uterus to use should yours not live up to expectations and do its job! Is this an option at all?
Sorry just get curious about these things :)

laurabe that's so frustrating how some people are so fertile and manage to get pregnant on the pill and we try everything right and it doesn't happen, that must of been hard listening to...

nlk & miss noodles I know that feeling- all my appointment are get this- in the labour hospital!!! You see people going for scans and others with their big bumps etc- although the labour ward is on a different level you still have to walk on that level- they've got their fertility clinic at the top where I go, sometimes I have to sit with ladies having scans if I'm their to see my fs- I agree it sucks so much talk about rubbing it in your face its totally not fair and they obviously don't get how hurtful that is!

The cheek of that asking you for your maternity chart miss noodles

stayhopeful there are all different ways of storage if they say to put it in the fridge then do so- have a look on the box?
What dose is each vial? And what dose have you been told to take???

Laura good luck sending you plenty of :dust:

It is quite handy :) me and DP have spoken about it and although she's not 100% keen to carry, she would if I couldn't for whatever reason

Well my opk is now negative. Thinking I o'd today. It's mine and DP's 2nd wedding anniversary today... So lovely that there's a little anniversary eggy floating around in there! Fx for an October BFP and a beautiful June baby!

best of luck dear :flower:

Must be common to have infertility clinic's with maternity ones. We have that here too which seem very insensitve.

I remember sitting in the waiting room for half an hour with a video playing on, how to bath your baby, how to breastfeed your baby, how to do this and that for your baby.... and then I went in and was seen and was told I had PCOS I remember walking back out and seeing all the ladies with there bump's and just bursting into tears.

It's very insensitive but I think there is a lot of misunderstanding and underestimating the huge emotional effect infertility has on women.

Laura C - Hope you catch the eggy this month!

xx

jojo sounds like a common thing! I really wish that they would have a better understanding its emotional for us all but I guess we have to deal with it we have no choice :shrug:

It's the same in our hospital, stuff playing on the tv about looking after yourself in pregnancy and seeing to your new baby :( I kind of just try to ignore everything around me when I'm there.

I'm in a really good mood today (despite the fact that I've got my flu jab later and nothing's happened so far on the opk front) because I had a renewal quote for car insurance of nearly £600...I was like um..not really any cheaper than last year...so I go to a comparison website and I get a quote of £370!!! :happydance:

That's a great new quote :)

Hopefully you will get a positive opk soon :hugs:

Wow, thats such a good price for car insurance! We just renewed ours, and it was £520 :happydance: this is good seeing as that's for both of us and we're both under 24...which makes your insurance go up! So deffo pleased!

Hope everyone's feeling good today! I really need someone to get knocked up so we can change the numbers on the front page! Who's testing soon?

That is a good price! Oh pays nearly £700 with 7years no claims and he's 28 lucky ladies!!!

I know right gives us hope once someone gets their :bfp:

:saywhat: do you have a massive car or something? That's crazy that it's that much!

I think it just feels as though we're going through a bit of a dry spell in here at the minute...and normally, when we get one bfp, a whole bunch of them come along all at once!

We've got a BMW 3 series... It is crazy!!

Hopefully someone will start off the bfp trend very soon :)

Hey ladies, hope everyone's doing well, I have my FX for you all!

I am 1dpo today and very nervous/excited about this cycle, it's my 5th round of Clomid and I am praying to God that this is the cycle where we will finally see those pink lines!

Mine is £700 odd which isn't bad seeing as I passed test 2 yrs ago.

Car insurance annoys me but its because i work in car insurance zzzzzzzz!!

Don't count on me for bfp - only 4 days til testing, but sure its not my turn. Good news though, FS said I should give Clomid another go and that the met should stop the pain being so severe this time round. Going to try next cycle and have the mental health people on standby in case it makes me all kinds of crazy again. We've decided that if Clomid doesn't work we will go for ovarian drilling then call it a day. So much heartache the past couple of months we know IVF isn't for us and we don't know how much more we can take - I guess the bipolar adds a dimension most can't comprehend and we stand to lose an awful lot by testing my ability to cope like this. It's sad to think we could just walk away, but I know we would be doingthe right thing. Let's hope it doesn't come to that. Bfp on Clomid next month!!

Hope everyone's okay. Anyone else due to test soon?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->