Young PCOS'ers! ~ 35 BFPs down!! ~

Just checking back in (as I said I stalk occasionally!) and hope you're all doing well!

Yes, it was me with bipolar, I had to stop taking my meds when I discovered I was pregnant as I wanted to get through the first tri when baby is developing med free, and I really struggled. Dealing with the pregnancy hormones as well as the illness was absolutely crippling, in the end after V day at 24 weeks, I had to make the decision to go back on them, I'm VERY carefully monitored now, I've seen three different psychiatrists including a perinatal psychiatrist, an obstetrician and spoke to a few community psychiatric nurses who all concur that if I take a very low dose and am monitored carefully, the risks to my health are more than the risk to the baby, after the first trimester they usually say if you're struggling you can go back on them. I have to say the NHS have been very supportive, my midwife told me they're hot on mental health issues and pregnancy now and try to help as much as they can, everyone from my midwife and GP and regular psychiatrist to the obstetrician and the perinatal psychiatrists have been amazing, my only slight criticism is I've had to wait a while for the referral to the perinatal psychiatric team, but I was still able to receive support from a number of professionals, and at one point they even arranged for a psychiatric nurse to phone me everyday just to check how I was doing. I was (and am again now) on aripiprazole (brand name abilify) and noticed absolutely no change in my menstrual cycle and conceived on them (I was lucky enough that I had a fairly regular cycle usually between 28 and 36 days), so maybe it's worth asking for them? The regular dose is 15mg, but they also do a 10mg and even a 5mg dose, so you could be started on the lowest dose possible to see how they affect you?? I was on 5mg when I conceived, and take that again now and it helps a great deal.

Sorry for the huge long story, I just wanted to share some hope that it's not the end if you resume medication, and if, no sorry WHEN, you get pregnant, there is additional support in place to help with any queries or problems you may have. TTC is a very difficult and emotional process, and coupled with a mental illness I imagine is making life very difficult for you :hugs: Please feel free to pm me any time, as I said, I do check on here from time to time, but you can contact me any time by pm'ing me. :flower:

katherinegrey thanks for taking the time to post. It's all been very scary so far - the main problem with my MHT is that I've had two consultants this year - one who didn't care and one who doesn't listen. Even my CPN has expressed her frustration at the lack of support. Abilify was suggested recently, but so little is known about it that DH had concerns - its reassuring to know you've been okay on it though and maybe something to explore after all...

Thanks again for my little ray of hope

Well, AF got me! It's not heavy, but light and I'm on a new cycle. I'm not that upset because it took 50days since i started metformin to get my own period without BCP and I'm excited to see what this next cycle has to offer! I also have a gyn appt on the 17 of this month and can't wait to tell her I got my period!!

Wishing us all good luck on our next cycles!! Let's get our :bfp: :D

Just popping by to say hi. I am 4dpo so just waiting around . Not joining the 2ww section this time tho.. I'm gonna try not to "symptom" spot lol

hey y'all. havent been around in a while. Figured i'd stop thru and say hi.

Nothing exciting on my end. Still trying to find a donor I can afford, and a doctor who's willing to go to IUI instead of meds. Times like this, I think perhaps i'd be better off if I gave up. After 7 years, i should have some kind of answers, some kind of testing. I see y'all goin thru testing, and i envy you. My doctors don't *want* to help me. i'm "too fat", per one, and I realize... I'm runnin outta time. quickly.

Rain angel- too fat???
My bmi was (and still is) about 32-33 pre pregnancy. Technically I'm obese, but I don't feel it! My avatar pic is me at 24 weeks, I certainly don't think I look obese

Just quick guys, Elyssa Mae arrived on 11 Oct at 14:19 weighing 8lbs

https://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/t449/Cezza_B/IMAG0577.jpg

Congrats MrsB, she's gorgeous! :happydance:

I've woken up with a proper minging cold this morning, caught it off my lovely DH :haha: I feel rough so I shall be spending the day on the sofa in my pj's.

MrsB, she's gorgeous! Congrats!

RainAngel, I really think you need to persist with getting referred to a decent doctor. I think once you're in the fertility system, you will get treated a lot better...a lot of gps here are really uneducated when it comes to pcos and fertility related issues. It's stupid that they are so reluctant to help you! I really hope you persevere, and get the fertility help you deserve :hugs:

AFM, stitches are healing nicely. Still trying to take it easy, because they're still a bit sore, but getting better everyday :thumbup:

congratulatoons, Mrs. B... mashAllah so cuto, love u ma baby:hugs:

Hi everyone. I know I have been MIA. I have been going through a lot of things. The miscarriage really messed with my body. The anxiety is under control. My blood pressure is under control but the stress from everything caused my muscles to become very tense in my body. They are causing me physical pain. So I am going to physical therapy now to try and get them back under control.

My best friend is getting her baby bump now. She is finally showing and I feel this ache in my chest.

I have been trying to stay positive and tell myself that the gyno knows what she is doing and that I'm waiting a few cycles so that I can try again and succeed. I just dont't think I will.

I've missed you guys. Sorry.

Hi everyone. I know I have been MIA. I have been going through a lot of things. The miscarriage really messed with my body. The anxiety is under control. My blood pressure is under control but the stress from everything caused my muscles to become very tense in my body. They are causing me physical pain. So I am going to physical therapy now to try and get them back under control.

My best friend is getting her baby bump now. She is finally showing and I feel this ache in my chest.

I have been trying to stay positive and tell myself that the gyno knows what she is doing and that I'm waiting a few cycles so that I can try again and succeed. I just dont't think I will.

Welcome back. I hope you get everything sorted asap :hugs:

Afm, I could actually kill dh. He has given me his cold and it's that bad that I slept 4 hours saturday night, and so far have only managed an hour tonight. I could cry because I'm so tired/frustrated and also have the worst sore throat :cry: I can't be too mean to dh though cos I know he feels really guilty already.

Sounds to me as though you've been through a lot and I know its not easy to see someone blossom with something you need so deeply. I hope that the physio helps and your gun really does know what they're doing - I'm sure you're in very capable hands. I have learned so much in the past 12 months, and my core values have strengthened significantly. I follow my internal compass and trust that I know what I need to do and when to ask for help, and to know that asking for help is a sign of strength not weakness.

I hope things improve for you soon.

Afm, feeling a bit stressed. Have a busy week coming up at work, am about to enter into a legal wrangle with the kitchen fitter, and my best friend is having her eggs extracted for IVF tomorrow.... Trying to relax as much as I can, but have been up half the night.

The kitchen refit has been costly and the fitter has been such a @*%! that we are out of pocket several hundred pounds and I now can't afford my acupuncture because we need to find money for replacement materials and labour. I'm hoping to go back in the new year, but I don't expect to be back ant sooner.

So, for now, its me and my multi vits, and some healthy eating (as soon as we have a kitchen again!) ... And, of course, the 25mg Clomid cycles the fs wants me to try. Started on the good ol provera again last night, so hopefully can get started next week if I'm lucky. It's a bit risky, given my current state of mind, but I can't wait forever - I'm repeatedly told that there's no such thing as an ideal time to have a family, so I conclude there's no ideal time to try for one either.

My bestie has pcos too and is having her eggs extracted in the morning, then ICSI and hopefully having them replaced by the end of the week. She's been trying over 3 years and got nowhere with Clomid, only to discover they both had problems. I am so hopeful that this works for them - its terrifying watching her become a human pin cushion and suffer so emotionally for just this one cycle, its hard to think it might not pay off.

Hope everyone is doing okay and had a good weekend. Nexis - I just hate when DH gives me a cold - he gets all the sympathy in the world, but I try and make sure I get it back, too! Hope your Mondays not too crappy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->