Young PCOS'ers! ~ 35 BFPs down!! ~

Nexis - Hope you feel better soon hun! Colds are horrible! But chocolate is a proven help, It's scientific I'm sure!!

Miss Noodles - I'm sorry ou have a stressful week :hugs:

So I'm not very good at moaning, but my SIL is brialliant at it :haha: so she phoned up the hospital pretending to be me and had a massive moan...and as if by magic...I've got an appointment this Thursday at 2.00pm :happydance:

It's just to sign consent forms etc so I don't know how long it will take for the actual surgery but its a start :thumbup:

Oh wow, that's fantastic! Make sure you ask them about the actual surgery though...I had my operation date booked before I even knew when my pre op would be :dohh: IF they can't give you a date in the pre op, make sure you call up the fertility clinic and ask when you can actually book the op, explaining that you've had the pre op now! Hope you can get it all sorted :hugs:

Oh wow, that's fantastic! Make sure you ask them about the actual surgery though...I had my operation date booked before I even knew when my pre op would be :dohh: IF they can't give you a date in the pre op, make sure you call up the fertility clinic and ask when you can actually book the op, explaining that you've had the pre op now! Hope you can get it all sorted :hugs:

Thanks so much! Will definatley do that! I'm going to try and call them in my lunch break today and see if they can let me know when the op will be :) or if I can book it now. It is at Basildon though, but beggers can't be choosers! lol xx

I just spoke to lady at the Hospital again, apparently Thursdays appointment is not pre-op, its just to take my consent and then join me to the waiting list which is apparently 'quite long' :(

ahhh that sucks! Normally at pre op, they take swabs and ask you loads of medical history questions...

Is there any way that you can go back to your gp and ask them for a referral to a different hospital, one with a shorter waiting list? I've done that before, when I was in Essex...they can check their system, and see the different waiting list times for different hospitals..it just depends on how far you're willing to travel to get there! Obv you don't want it too far, because where you have the pre op should be where you actually have your lap as well...but it's deffo worth asking, if it means you can get seen sooner!

Really hope you manage to sort everything out hun :hugs: it sucks being messed around!

That's a really good idea, I think I will see what they say on Thursday how long the waiting times are and book an appointment with my GP to see about another hospital as well, I don't mind travelling.

I'm sure this whole process would be much easier if I wasn't so impatient lol!

How are you recovering from your op? do you know when you are starting meds again?

xx

Just make sure it's not too far..I was quite sore when I first came out from the op, and I'm so glad it wasn't a long journey back home!

I'm recovering ok, thank you :) I don't have the dressings on anymore, and they don't look too bad! There's still a bit of bruising etc, but it's still been less than a week, so I'm sure that's expected! I've been asked to go back 2/3 weeks post surgery, so will call up on Friday or something to book a tracking scan. My FS has said that he wants me to get on the injectibles before chistmas, so hopefully he will give me the all clear to get started when I see him in a few weeks!

Glad to hear that you are recovering well :) Fx'd you will get the all clear and be able to get on with everything! :)

xx

Nexis - Hope you feel better soon hun! Colds are horrible! But chocolate is a proven help, It's scientific I'm sure!!

Miss Noodles - I'm sorry ou have a stressful week :hugs:

So I'm not very good at moaning, but my SIL is brialliant at it :haha: so she phoned up the hospital pretending to be me and had a massive moan...and as if by magic...I've got an appointment this Thursday at 2.00pm :happydance:

It's just to sign consent forms etc so I don't know how long it will take for the actual surgery but its a start :thumbup:

Thanks Hun, I think I'll be telling dh that he'll be bringing me home some chocolate :haha: I feel a bit better today, only got 4 hours sleep last night but went up to bed at 8am when dh went to work and managed to sleep til 12 :thumbup:

Rain angel- too fat???
My bmi was (and still is) about 32-33 pre pregnancy. Technically I'm obese, but I don't feel it! My avatar pic is me at 24 weeks, I certainly don't think I look obese

yes, the doc said im "too fat". not sure what that means, but yeah. they wont help me because of that. yeah, you certainly dont look obese by any means!

MrsB, she's gorgeous! Congrats!

RainAngel, I really think you need to persist with getting referred to a decent doctor. I think once you're in the fertility system, you will get treated a lot better...a lot of gps here are really uneducated when it comes to pcos and fertility related issues. It's stupid that they are so reluctant to help you! I really hope you persevere, and get the fertility help you deserve :hugs:

AFM, stitches are healing nicely. Still trying to take it easy, because they're still a bit sore, but getting better everyday :thumbup:

i'm trying to find a decent doctor. i keep wavering on giving up and getting bitchy. over here, they just plain dont give a shit. I've been at this for 7 years. The most they've done is thyroid check, internal us and tell me i have pcos even though i have clear ovaries. :dohh:

Hi everyone. I know I have been MIA. I have been going through a lot of things. The miscarriage really messed with my body. The anxiety is under control. My blood pressure is under control but the stress from everything caused my muscles to become very tense in my body. They are causing me physical pain. So I am going to physical therapy now to try and get them back under control.

My best friend is getting her baby bump now. She is finally showing and I feel this ache in my chest.

I have been trying to stay positive and tell myself that the gyno knows what she is doing and that I'm waiting a few cycles so that I can try again and succeed. I just dont't think I will.

I've missed you guys. Sorry.

Welcome back! :hug:

Hey everyone sorry I've been away for so long!!

Just quick glance at the thread and OMGosh RainAngel I've got the exact same problem with my drs. I've seen TWO doctors and both wouldn't help me cos I'm too fat according to them. It's ridiculous. The first told me i should "fix myself" before I think about kids, and the second basically was judging me for being too big. I'm just like hang on a minute.... i'm recognising I have a problem with my weight, I have PCOS which can make it so much harder (which it really does for me) and I'm asking for help. And ALL I get from you is "you need to lose weight"!! GRRR I actually walked out of my last appointment in tears I felt that judged and at a loss. So I have an appointment with a completely different dr on friday (my last attempt). I actually saw this dr first and he sent me for an ultrsound to properly diagnose me with PCOS and mentioned about metaformin at that appointment. So hopefully he will give it to me whereas the other two wouldn't. In fact the other two were on about giving me a contraceptive pill which had a very high chance of me getting blood clots....no thank you!.

Sorry about the rant there. It felt very good to get it off my chest!! :)

Update on me....I've been bleeding for about 2 months so not been doing any dtd. It was our 2 year aniversary on Sunday and lo and behold.....it stopped! So we've been making the most of it ;) hehe.

Has anyone else had this issue? Bleeding for ages? It feels as tho my menustration is topsy turvey!! I bleed for 3 weeks, have a few days not bleeding then it starts again. I honestly don't know where all this blood is coming from (sorry if tmi).

xoxo

Just quick glance at the thread and OMGosh RainAngel I've got the exact same problem with my drs. I've seen TWO doctors and both wouldn't help me cos I'm too fat according to them. It's ridiculous. The first told me i should "fix myself" before I think about kids, and the second basically was judging me for being too big. I'm just like hang on a minute.... i'm recognising I have a problem with my weight, I have PCOS which can make it so much harder (which it really does for me) and I'm asking for help. And ALL I get from you is "you need to lose weight"!! GRRR I actually walked out of my last appointment in tears I felt that judged and at a loss. So I have an appointment with a completely different dr on friday (my last attempt). I actually saw this dr first and he sent me for an ultrsound to properly diagnose me with PCOS and mentioned about metaformin at that appointment. So hopefully he will give it to me whereas the other two wouldn't. In fact the other two were on about giving me a contraceptive pill which had a very high chance of me getting blood clots....no thank you!.

Update on me....I've been bleeding for about 2 months so not been doing any dtd. It was our 2 year aniversary on Sunday and lo and behold.....it stopped! So we've been making the most of it ;) hehe.

Has anyone else had this issue? Bleeding for ages? It feels as tho my menustration is topsy turvey!! I bleed for 3 weeks, have a few days not bleeding then it starts again. I honestly don't know where all this blood is coming from (sorry if tmi).

xoxo

Have them check for a thyroid problem too! I've noticed that's very common with PCOS people. My doctor's been on me about my weight, refusing to help. I will be very proud to walk in there and slap my weight results from the last couple of months on the desk. I've lost roughly 30-40 pounds, and still going. However, the fact I'm heavy doesn't mean a damn thing. I know 400 pound women who have babies, so by damnit, we can too!

Definitely! You go for it!

It's just so frustrating! You ask for help but they won't help you cos you need to lose weight! Grrr! I definitely feel judged for being overweight. I'm thinking of complaining about the other two drs on Friday as cos of them I have lost my faith in going to see a dr. In fact the other week I had a really bad cough. It even worried OH so must have been bad for him to notice! But anyway, it took me weeks of nagging from OH to make an appointment to see a dr cos I just think I'll get judged again.

I've decided to perhaps ask for Orlistat again. It made me very tired last time but I'm going to try it again I think.

You know my aunty had a thyroid problem...I suppose I could ask... :)

:hi: all I hope everyone is doing well??

I've started Stimming today for my last injectables cycle- SCARY then onto egg sharing next year at some point never thought I'd get to this point!

xoxo

Re the bleeding, I used to bleed a lot, but not since I've been in my 20s. When I was in my teens I got put on the pill for excruciating and severely heavy bleeds which lasted on average 28 days or sometimes more. Their solution was to put me on the pill, though I got tested to anaemia among other things, and referred to a gynae for a proper check.

I know its not much, or really any help, but just wanted to let you know I've had n experience a little similar.

xoxo

Have them check for a thyroid problem too! I've noticed that's very common with PCOS people. My doctor's been on me about my weight, refusing to help. I will be very proud to walk in there and slap my weight results from the last couple of months on the desk. I've lost roughly 30-40 pounds, and still going. However, the fact I'm heavy doesn't mean a damn thing. I know 400 pound women who have babies, so by damnit, we can too!

With my previous doctors they were very much "just lose weight", no matter what I went in to see them for. They wouldn't test me for pcos and would only give me some tablets (I forget they're name) to cut down the bleeding somewhat (they worked to a point but only if you took them from the day af started, which was awkward as I was so irregular). Since being with my new doctors, they've tested me for pcos and diagnosed me, and although they have mentioned my weight (and so have the hospital - although I wasn't overly happy when the fs asked me how long it had been since my weight had reached the "dizzying heights" it's currenty at) they've not really pushed it or ever told me I'm too fat to be helped.

As for the bleeding, I've had bleeding that's lasted as long as yours before, but only before I went on the pill. When my periods started they were never regular and could last for a couple of weeks to a couple of months. Nothing was ever really said at previous doctors, apart from tests for anemia. Since coming off the pill I've had the opposite problem though, and I'm just hoping for some more help (hopefully clomid) when I go back to the hospital on friday.

I think I might have rambled a bit there, and I apologise if the spelling is a bit off, I've got out of the habit of using the laptop...really got used to autocorrect on the ipad :haha:

I'm so mad about these doctors saying to loose "weight, you're too fat" that is BS! My current doctor talked to me about losing weight and how it can help and is obviously better for me and the baby in the long run, but she never turned me away!!!!! omg! i would have bawled if someone said that too me..
and like others have said there are some really really big women out there who get preg and deliever healthy babies all the time.. My aunt was a little over 400lbs with her last kids and she was fine!
i'm so sorry for how they are treating you!!!!
i'd be finding a compassionate dr. ASAP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->