Young PCOS'ers! ~ 35 BFPs down!! ~

well i have excellent news!!
my 2nd progesterone test showed i did ov, just late!
it was a beautiful 31.7!!!!!
im just a little sad as i oved late we were resting from all the bd over my predicted fertile time...so we only got one in... saturday night...and i had the ov pain and sore boobs sunday.
the doc says i should expect af (or hopefully not) next week!

:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

ahhhh so excited for you, hopeful!! really hope you get your birthday bfp!!

Hey all, can I join?

I'm 22, hubby is 34, been TTC for 2 years and recently diagnosed with cysts on my ovaries so looking like PCOS. Prescribed 100mg Clomid so am on my first cycle, taking it CD2-6 and am CD8 today so FX when I start using ov tests we'll see the Clomid working. :)

I'm excited for our first cycle of Clomid - trying to keep a positive attitude but it's hard when you've seen nothing but negatives!

FX for us all. :D

welcome, stevens! hoping clomid works for you, and you get your bfp soon!!

Welcome :wave:

hopefulfor1st, that is great news that you ovulated! It's my bday in around 2 weeks too (on the 28th) and I'm hoping for a BFP for it too. FXed we get our bday wish :)

Thanks for the clarification nlk and helena_lynn, I should have asked but needed to get to work so was trying to limit my qs. Glad you girls could provide me with an explanation :) Nlk, FS wanted me to take ovidrel because he told me that Clomid is designed to grow the follicle so it is the right size but he said it doesn't necessarily mean that you will release it. He said that taking the ovidrel will mean that I will rupture the egg and since it is a really good size he said it was worth taking it to ensure we gave ourselves the best chance of getting our BFP. Apparently it takes around 36 hrs to work so I should be ovulating tonight. I reckon I am because I have some pain in my right side and the right ovary was the one with the follicle. He also put us on a planned :sex: schedule - romantic hey!

Thanks for the welcomes. :)

I know you shouldn't use ov tests too soon after finishing Clomid, I had my last ones 2 days ago so I might try a sneaky ov test. If it's dark then I'll dismiss it cos I doubt I'd be oving this soon... Just want to get my POAS fix!

matilda - so what would happen to the follicle if it didnt rupture?? would it just stay as a cyst, or....disappear? lol. i have no clue!!

stevens - techinically, you can ovulate as soon as five days after your last clomid tablet...so youre not too far off really! with opks, you (usually) always have a second line, so it might be good to start soon and then you can see if it progresses! GL!!

Matilda, if 85 is your year Of birth, you are 2 days older than me :)

That's awesome that you ovulated! I am still waiting for that golden moment. My fingers are crossed that your af doesn't come.

Hopeful and Matilda fx for your birthday bfp's!

Welcome stevens!

Last day of provera today wooohoooo

Thanks NLK, I did a cheapie ov test and got quite a nice line on it, will start doing them now and will probably do them through this cycle to see the progression.

Thank you for the welcome Katerz! :)

Metformin is amazing. I've been taking it for about a week now and lost 7ish pounds! woo!!!!

On cd 17 today I have been taking opks since cd 11 and so far all neg...I hope this round isn't a dud. :(

I have a BBT thermometer but could never get the hang of it nor do the regular checks as I got up at varied times of the morning. I thought it'd be a good idea to start it though to back up my ov tests but I don't know.. I might give it a try at least for one cycle.

:)

I'm the same way!! Wake up at varied times and I love my sleep so hard to get up be earlier than I have too! I want to try the Over Watch but can't find a good priced used one! Just my luck! I don't want to shell out retail for it as it might not work having PCOS?

I'm the same way!! Wake up at varied times and I love my sleep so hard to get up be earlier than I have too! I want to try the Over Watch but can't find a good priced used one! Just my luck! I don't want to shell out retail for it as it might not work having PCOS?

Oops! OV Watch*

Thanks Katerz

Hopeful - I was born in 1985 :thumbup: happy almost 27th to both of us! :)

Nlk - He said that it would just be reabsorbed if I didn't ovulate it, which I assume means it would just kind of break down and be absorbed by the body (?) I reckon it worked and I ovulated last night from the feeling I had in my right side, so FXed.

I've never charted before but am definitely going to stay up to date with how you ladies go and maybe try next month if this month is a flop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->