Young PCOS'ers! ~ 35 BFPs down!! ~

maddeyes - im not sure whether you would still get your period as normal when pregnant..i think many would mistake it for their period because its bleeding, but it would probably only be spotting. but if youve had tests/scans/poas and its all coming up negative, then it probably is just negative. with my pcos, my periods AND cycles are very irregular...so for ages i had really heavy periods, and then all of a sudden it became really light one month. i tested, bfn, but i was told that that can happen with pcos. irregular periods are just as common as irregular cycles. so you can have regular cycles but irregular periods, iykwim?

i hope this helps somewhat, even if its not exactly what you wanted to hear. you can always keep testing, and see what happens, but just be aware that it could (and sounds as though) its just the pcos.

montana, welcome :flower: FXed for you! its good that you have it all planned incase you dont get your bfp! good luck!

Hello fellow PCOSers :haha: !! I'm 20 and was diagnosed with PCOS in 2008! Its sooo frustrating :( Me and OH are currently TTC#1 I know we're young but we have been together for 3 years and are sooo ready! Im really struggling with my weight, ive tried every diet imaginable :( Has anyone got any tips on losing weight with PCOS? Thanks ladies!

Hey! Just saw someone else reply to this post and figured I'd give by couple of pence :p. I lost 18lbs in 3 months flat by doing the following-
Drinking a lot of water, health experts say if you take your weight in lbs and divide that number by 2, that's how many Fl Oz of water you should drink a day.
Cut out fizzy drinks entirely
3 meals per day, at the same times every day, drink a full glass of water 15mins before and after eating.
Keep snacks to a minimum! I completely cut out chocolates and crisps.
Wake up early and go for a 2 mile walk/power walk/ jog, whatever you prefer.. I power walked every day.
Sleep at least 8 hours a night!
I used to go to bed around 11-midnight and I made sure I ate my last meal before 730pm, and didn't eat again until the morning. This gives your body time to digest and use calories before you go to sleep and are staying still and not using the energy from your foods.
I also did ball workouts for 20 mins a day 3x /wk :)

Hope this helps! I was so happy with my weightloss and these guidelines are so easy, id love to hear from another person that it worked for them too :). Good luck!

Hello maddeyes,

I am new to PCOS, so don't know TOO much info on it (I was just diagnosed with it last Thursday). But I can tell you that you don't need ALL of the symptoms of it to have it.

You can definitely still get your period even though you have PCOS. For me, my cycles are 26-38 days. So I get AF even though I have PCOS. My endo told me that I am just getting anovulatory periods.

The only symptom I have of PCOS is high testosterone levels and a high LH to FSH ratio.

Hope that helps a little and sorry I don't have more answers.

Hey! Sorry I wasn't more specific I missed out a main detail! I meant to say is it possible to still get your period WHEN PREGNANT with pcos. I know I can still get my period because I've always gotten it on time except for a few off-times. Thanks for your insight though :)

Oh I see. Honestly, I think for anyone it can be possible to bleed/spot while pregnant. I don't think it is only for women with PCOS though.

maddeyes - im not sure whether you would still get your period as normal when pregnant..i think many would mistake it for their period because its bleeding, but it would probably only be spotting. but if youve had tests/scans/poas and its all coming up negative, then it probably is just negative. with my pcos, my periods AND cycles are very irregular...so for ages i had really heavy periods, and then all of a sudden it became really light one month. i tested, bfn, but i was told that that can happen with pcos. irregular periods are just as common as irregular cycles. so you can have regular cycles but irregular periods, iykwim?

i hope this helps somewhat, even if its not exactly what you wanted to hear. you can always keep testing, and see what happens, but just be aware that it could (and sounds as though) its just the pcos.

Yeah I agree, I haven't tested yet, I figured I'd wait another month instead of being upset and seeing another negative so quickly. I've also heard of showing negative with PCOS because of not producing enough HCG due to having more testosterone than oestrogen! In November when I thought I was pregnant I went through so many negatives but wasn't convinced because of knowing this! :growlmad:
My cycles tend to be regular and heavy, since coming off of the pill they were all normal until November and since then I've had a normal one, a super long and a super short! :/ hoping this last short one could be a sign! Who knows though, fingers x'd!

Have you ladies heard of getting a positive OPK at 12DPO, because I just had one. I did some research and found that OPK's can detect HcG. Although it isn't reliable. Ah, I am nervous! I didn't think I O'd this month, but the body does play tricks. I was going to wait to test until Friday, but I don't think I have the patience now!

Have you ladies heard of getting a positive OPK at 12DPO, because I just had one. I did some research and found that OPK's can detect HcG. Although it isn't reliable. Ah, I am nervous! I didn't think I O'd this month, but the body does play tricks. I was going to wait to test until Friday, but I don't think I have the patience now!

It could be either one. If you haven't ovulated yet, then it probably is an ovulation, but don't rule out pregnancy until you take a HPT. Fx for you!!!

Thanks, I called DH (I am at work right now) and he told me to get an HPT right then and there and tell him what the result it. HAHAHAHAHA. He cracks me up sometimes. I might give in and test tonight. But I am doing good with this 2WW, I ALWAYS end up testing everyday starting from 10DPO and waste all of my HPT's doing that. So I wanted to wait util 14DPO. I should have never taken a stupid OPK!

It could be possible that I am O'ing late. But I also had a positive on CD15. So we will see. I have heard of many women get positive OPK's and they were pregnant. But I have also heard of women getting positives, and they were not pregnant. But at least I have something to hope for!

Hi ! I am also 20 TTC #1 and have PCOS ! I was diagnosed at 15 years old when my periods were super irregular. I didn't know how frustrating it would be late on in life. I understand wanting to reach out to people in a similar position, its alot easier to relate to people our age going through this personally.

Best of luck to you !

Hi ! I am also 20 TTC #1 and have PCOS ! I was diagnosed at 15 years old when my periods were super irregular. I didn't know how frustrating it would be late on in life. I understand wanting to reach out to people in a similar position, its alot easier to relate to people our age going through this personally.

Best of luck to you !

Hi, welcome :flower:

I remember your from your intro thread!

Oh I thought you had said that you haven't ovulated yet. That is so exciting. Sound like you are a POAS-aholic! Haha. I would be anxious to test too!

Hi aak. I agree with you. Sharing with other women who actually understand what you're going through is comforting and helps me get through the stress of TTC. Glad you joined :0)

Oh I thought you had said that you haven't ovulated yet. That is so exciting. Sound like you are a POAS-aholic! Haha. I would be anxious to test too!

Well, ff never detected O, and I never got any symptoms of O (no EWCM or O pains). But I guess your body can do crazy things. I got really excited, but now I just realized that PCOS can cause random LH surges throughout the cycle since your hormones are all crazy. :nope:

Not losing hope though. Going to test tonight and at "12DPO", I should get pretty accurate results.

Will ket you guys know!

Oh, and I am a POAS addict! I am surprised I waited this long.

hi guys! welcome to the newbies!! :flower:

im excited for you LuLu! cant wait to hear how it goes!

aak, i agree. i think its so nice that so many girls have joined this thread..its so nice to have someone to share all this with!

montana, i cant remember whether i already said hi to you here, but in case i didnt, welcome! i could just scroll back through but im too lazy:haha:

soooo, with my pcos i havent had a period since coming off the pill, back in the middle of november. but i never had regular periods anyway, so its very difficult to know if/when i ovulate! so just going to poas a random times:thumbup: so going to tomorrow! excited, but know that its probably going to be a bfn anyway. but at least then my gp can start me on clomid! so either way its all goooooooood

aak, i agree. i think its so nice that so many girls have joined this thread..its so nice to have someone to share all this with!

montana, i cant remember whether i already said hi to you here, but in case i didnt, welcome! i could just scroll back through but im too lazy:haha:

soooo, with my pcos i havent had a period since coming off the pill, back in the middle of november. but i never had regular periods anyway, so its very difficult to know if/when i ovulate! so just going to poas a random times:thumbup: so going to tomorrow! excited, but know that its probably going to be a bfn anyway. but at least then my gp can start me on clomid! so either way its all goooooooood

You haven't had AF since November!? Can your doctor put you on provera to jump start it so you can start a fresh new cycle?

Doctors just don't listen sometimes. I didn't have my period for 1 YEAR and had to switch doctors for something to actually be done (BCP). I went in about 5 months after I wasn't getting my period and they told me to wait it out. My new doctor was shocked that they didn't do anything for me. If you don't get your period then the lining around your uterus doesn't shed, which leads to build up, which can turn into endrometrial cancer. They had to do a bunch of tests to make sure I didn't have cancer. So stressful!

A good video about pcos

https://www.youtube.com/user/nucleusanimation#p/a/u/1/FsNKyKS7M_s

Well I tested. And it was a :bfn:

:cry:

I'm sorry :0(
Try to focus on the positive. You are ovulating which a lot of women with PCOS have a hard time doing even when on clomid. It is possible for you to conceive. It will happen for you. It'll just take time. I know it's easier said, specially when you ge a BFN.

You aren't out just yet. 12dpo is still early.

You haven't had AF since November!? Can your doctor put you on provera to jump start it so you can start a fresh new cycle?

i know, its ridiculous! but im just one of the people with pcos who doesnt get AF whatsoever. it sucks!

im trying to get an appointment for next week, but my doc is fully booked atm, and they are going to give me the provera to kickstart it. but i have to go in every three months for it, because they know that, chance are, i wont get AF without it. which although it sucks, means that when i finally get a doctors appointment next week i will get the provera and then get referred to a FS straight away, without having to ttc naturally for a year. which i suppose is a good thing, since i havent been trying very long at all.

sorry to hear about the bfn, lulu. as montana said, youre not out yet. i really hope you get your bfp. it would be so nice to get some positives for this group! not sure whether i should start tracking whos got their bfp in here?! might be quite nice to see! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->