Young PCOS'ers! ~ 35 BFPs down!! ~

RainAngel, I'm so so sorry for your loss :hugs: As ghinspire said, remember that we are all here for you, whether you decide to take a break from ttc/bnb or not.

ive been mia for a while.... for a reason.

June 28th I got a blood test done. it showed i was 8/9 weeks pregnant, so i had a scan, and the baby measured 9w2d. june 29th, i started bleeding.

July 1st... i lost my baby. i also found out OH has a girlfriend, so im soon to be divorced, as well.

its devastating, to say the least. I didnt think it would bother me as much as it has. There is baby stuff all over the place now, and its bugging the crap outta me.

im debating about taking a BnB and TTC break. i want a baby, but ive got to find a sperm donor first now. Im running out of time.... this was NOT the way i wanted it to end.

I'm sooooooo sorry for your loss and the pain..I wish u the best.

RainAngel, I don't really know you but i'm so sorry for your loss
*hugs* hope things get better for you soon. Good Luck for the future!
xox

Hey everyone,

Sorry I've not been on in ages. Its just been a tough time as my grandad went into hospital, my other half got a promotion and i just can't stop bleeding!

I just wanted to tell you guys that we've decided to stop trying for now. I've had an ultra-sound and so the PCOS is confirmed. I went to the drs this morning to get my results full of hope that i was going to get some medicine to help with the TTC but then the dr I saw (different to the original one) basically told me I should fix myself (IE lose weight) before I think about trying. Then she gave me the 22 is young to have a baby speil. It's just really upset me. I mentioned the other dr said about a tablet but then she said it is a contraceptive as well. She's told me to go home and go back in a month to discuss things. So since she is the "expert" I'm going to lose weight then get back onto the TTC path - which will probably be after my wedding now (which is July 2013). Hopefully all you will have babies by then! :)

Sorry for the little rant there.

Good luck on your paths to babies!! :)

:dust:
xox

Hey everyone,

Sorry I've not been on in ages. Its just been a tough time as my grandad went into hospital, my other half got a promotion and i just can't stop bleeding!

I just wanted to tell you guys that we've decided to stop trying for now. I've had an ultra-sound and so the PCOS is confirmed. I went to the drs this morning to get my results full of hope that i was going to get some medicine to help with the TTC but then the dr I saw (different to the original one) basically told me I should fix myself (IE lose weight) before I think about trying. Then she gave me the 22 is young to have a baby speil. It's just really upset me. I mentioned the other dr said about a tablet but then she said it is a contraceptive as well. She's told me to go home and go back in a month to discuss things. So since she is the "expert" I'm going to lose weight then get back onto the TTC path - which will probably be after my wedding now (which is July 2013). Hopefully all you will have babies by then! :)

xox

Translation of your drs bull@@@@ : drugs to aid ttc are a drain on nhs funding so go away. As for being too young that was cheeky and bang out of order.
Could you see another dr and get a 2nd opinion?
Some drs are rubbish but some can be really very good.
Xxxxx

Yeah, i'm thinking of going back in a month but to see the original doctor I saw who sent me for the ultra-sound. But i feel like I should at least take some of her advise. I felt like bursting into tears in her office! She actually said I had another 20 years to have kids but i was thinking yea but I'm ready for one now and as is proven by that ultrasound, it could take a while for it to happen!!! Definitely don't think i'll ever go see her again. Been right emotional all day because of her. grrr
xxx

ive been mia for a while.... for a reason.

June 28th I got a blood test done. it showed i was 8/9 weeks pregnant, so i had a scan, and the baby measured 9w2d. june 29th, i started bleeding.

July 1st... i lost my baby. i also found out OH has a girlfriend, so im soon to be divorced, as well.

its devastating, to say the least. I didnt think it would bother me as much as it has. There is baby stuff all over the place now, and its bugging the crap outta me.

im debating about taking a BnB and TTC break. i want a baby, but ive got to find a sperm donor first now. Im running out of time.... this was NOT the way i wanted it to end.

So sorry for everything that's happened sending big hugs your way.

Xxxx

Yeah, i'm thinking of going back in a month but to see the original doctor I saw who sent me for the ultra-sound. But i feel like I should at least take some of her advise. I felt like bursting into tears in her office! She actually said I had another 20 years to have kids but i was thinking yea but I'm ready for one now and as is proven by that ultrasound, it could take a while for it to happen!!! Definitely don't think i'll ever go see her again. Been right emotional all day because of her. grrr
xxx

That is ridiculous!! It really p****s me off that if you're young you don't get taken seriously enough my dr was the same! I think if drs think you're took young they should keep their opinions to themselves raaahhh!

I feel like if you are old enough to get married and have a serious relationship with someone then you should be able to have children whenever you want.

I got married to my husband when I was 23. I know it was young to some people but I was really happy to be getting married to someone who I loved so much. We have been married for four years and I couldn't be happier. Yeah we waited to have children but I wasn't going to listen to anyone when they said that I shouldn't get married so young and right out of university.

The thing is if you feel ready and the person you love is ready then why should you have to wait?

Well my dr. office just called to remind me of my apt for 2 mmwr... I completely forgot... I guess this is a followup visit...they said I didnt need to do another 21 day blood work..so who knows...I'm cd 26... and I'm somewhere between 16 dpo or 5dpo...big difference..have no clue when I O'd..my dr said any where from cycle day 10-18.. I felt sharp pangs in my side on cycle day 21 so that could have been it..I'm assuming they will do a preg test 2mmwr..but if not I think I'll do one next week if AF doesn't show by Friday.

My mum was married at 21 and had her first at 23.
I had my owb flat at 19, a job and paid my own way. Not by choice but my dad had to stop work after his first stroke so the house had to be sold and i found my own flat, it was awsome and made me grow up. Then moved in with dp just after my 22nd birthday. I wanted to ttc then but dp simply wasnt ready. Its best if its what you both want. My doctor seems to be ok so far but i wonder would they have been understanding when i were 22?

If your are taking responsibility for your own life and know what you want then i agree doctors need to keep their opinions to themselves.
I have another doctors appointment next tuesday but its with another doctor as my doctor has now gone on maternity leave! I hope he is understanding.
Rant over!!

:nope: I hate being judged so much because I'm only 21!

My first doctor refused to help me, when I suspected PCOS, because he said I was too young to need to worry about it, and shouldn't be thinking about it yet. So I changed doctors, and the first thing I said BEFORE he even opened his mouth was that I wasn't here for his personal opinion, all I wanted was his medical opinion, and that if he were to tell me I was too young I would simply go find another doctor. It worked!

Seriously, I don't think it's fair to judge others based on such silly things. Everyone's circumstances are different, and at the end of the day, only they know what they are ready or not ready to do.

Right ladies. Every time I've been to the loo today, I've had clear 'clumpy', gel like CM. it's not my usual EWCM which is normally in abundance when I'm due to ovulate. Do you think this could be my body gearing up to the big O?

In relation to the age thing- my friend (also pcoser) went to doc for help to get preg, he told her as she was 27 she was Past her prime and it'd b hard! And ideally a woman's prime to get preg is 24-25. She's nOw 18weeks :) she was ovulating and regular but not falling, took one round of clomid to strengthen o and fell pregnant.

Right ladies. Every time I've been to the loo today, I've had clear 'clumpy', gel like CM. it's not my usual EWCM which is normally in abundance when I'm due to ovulate. Do you think this could be my body gearing up to the big O?

Maybe. Are the clumps similar to the clots we sometimes pass when we have our periods? Mine were like that on ... (checks diary) ...... Cd24 to cd26 on and off. Then on cd33,34 and 35 the same clots again with horrid cramps. Can u do an opk?

Im cd 44, no cm at all, cramps and sore nipples......here comes af!

In relation to the age thing- my friend (also pcoser) went to doc for help to get preg, he told her as she was 27 she was Past her prime and it'd b hard! And ideally a woman's prime to get preg is 24-25. She's nOw 18weeks :) she was ovulating and regular but not falling, took one round of clomid to strengthen o and fell pregnant.

How are you feeling hopeful?

How are you feeling hopeful?

Sticking with the age thing..... My mum had me at aged 39! I was an accident but just shows that prime age is a load of tosh!

Hey everyone,

xox

:nope: I hate being judged so much because I'm only 21!

My first doctor refused to help me, when I suspected PCOS, because he said I was too young to need to worry about it, and shouldn't be thinking about it yet. So I changed doctors, and the first thing I said BEFORE he even opened his mouth was that I wasn't here for his personal opinion, all I wanted was his medical opinion, and that if he were to tell me I was too young I would simply go find another doctor. It worked!

Seriously, I don't think it's fair to judge others based on such silly things. Everyone's circumstances are different, and at the end of the day, only they know what they are ready or not ready to do.

I felt a little awkward seeking help and being so young as well. I thought my doctors would give me the I am too young speech but I didnt receive that. That sucks that you guys had to go thru that. I am also 22, Birthday Next month!!!!! But I just wanted to say that we are in this together. Cheers to the Young mommiesto be and ttc!!!!!!

I'm ok. On anti nausea pills now which slow the vomiting.
It just keePs making me laugh when I hear people with fertility drugs say "I didn't take clomid cos I didn't like the way it made me feel"
Lol. The headaches, cold sweats, and cramps are NOTHING compared to the hell u experience in pregnancy! I'm just hoping in 2 weeks I start to feel better in 2nd tri!

That said my 12 week scan is next Friday...will remind me why I'm going through the pain!

I'm ok. On anti nausea pills now which slow the vomiting.
It just keePs making me laugh when I hear people with fertility drugs say "I didn't take clomid cos I didn't like the way it made me feel"
Lol. The headaches, cold sweats, and cramps are NOTHING compared to the hell u experience in pregnancy! I'm just hoping in 2 weeks I start to feel better in 2nd tri!

That said my 12 week scan is next Friday...will remind me why I'm going through the pain!

12 weeks! Wow thats gone so quick!
My niece got her bfp at 4 weeks and now she is due in 3 weeks! Might be sooner if baby is still breech and she needs a c-sec! It has gone so fast!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->