Young TTCers?

Twister

Reaction score
Just wondering how many young people there are here who are ttc? (by young im guessing in mean age 18-24 maybe?) I notice a lot of ladies here are in their mid/late twenties at least (no offense intended). I'm 20 and oh is 24. He has a full time job but I don't at the moment (I have an interview on the 21st though!) we could manage with a LO on just his wages but it would be that much easier if I had an income too. It wouldn't be a disaster if I got pregnant without a job. We live with my parents but plan on moving out around September time. This is out first month ttc.

I've had a lot of people tell me I should wait and that I don't want kids yet etc. But I feel like they don't know how I feel about it and that they kind of assume that we haven't thought it through properly. I know they probably mean well but it's a bit annoying at times, I feel like they are just gonna shoot us down if we explain ourselves so I just nod and agree. Oh told his mom and brother and they both said the exact same thing. That we should wait, see the world and things first. One problem there is that we dont want to! I'm not telling my family for this exact reason. I'm also dreading telling our parents when we do fall pregnant, I know they will be shocked at first.

So yeah it would be great to hear from other young TTCers, when you decided to start TTCing, how long for and whether you've told anyone and what they think. Anything really I'm just curious to hear from others point of view.

I am 25 and my DH is 25. We have been married for 9 months. Even though we are married and both have full time jobs and make pretty good money, own a house, etc. Our families are telling us we should wait and just enjoy our marriage and travel. They don't get that we want kids right away! We have already been together for a while and traveled. It is also very hard because our families assume our older siblings (who are also TTC will have the first kids). Last month was our first TTC. Got AF yesterday so we are on cycle #2. We haven't told anyone we are trying because they just don't get why we can't wait. Very frustrating, but either way my husband and I are very excited. We make plenty of money, own a house, and now we are just waiting for a LO to make our family complete.

Im 18 and OH is 22 we both have steady jobs we live together and we are ttc

I'm 20, he's 26, and we're trying too!
How's it all going ladies?

I'm 21, OH is 33. We have been married for a year now and just started trying for baby #1! :)

Baby dust to both you! Hope you get you:BFP: soon

Hiya, im 19 my fiance is 22 been together 4 years, own our own house. been trying nearly 11 months now. xx

Wow so I'm not alone :D I'm waiting to see if af turns up (due around Thursday) and if she doesn't come then I'm gonna test about a week after she's due. It's a lot of waiting all this ttc lark isn't it?

Hope we all get our bfp's soon!

Hiya, we are ttc number one! I'm 21 and OH is 29, first month ttc

There's a lot of us who are on our first month. Do any of you chart or use ovulation tests etc? I don't I'm scared I will get stressed out too much from it. I get ovulation pains so I can kinda guess when it's happening.

ive used Ovulation sticks one month, saprisnly i didnt get obsessed with it as i thought i would. i think ill get some for next month. xx

I am 24 and the husband is 25. We've been married four years, together 11 years(I'm not kidding, haha. Middle school sweethearts). We've been trying for 10months. We experienced a loss two years ago and I'm still trying to remember what we must have done right when we weren't trying. hahaha. Maybe that's the secret? Don't try? Too late now. It's all I can think of some days. We had been charting my cycles and my CM but this month I'm giving BBT another shot. It didn't work out for me before as my temps were far too erratic. But I figure giving it a second chance won't hurt anything and if it works I'll be able to tell for sure that I'm ovulating. Which will make me feel better. I did use OPK's last month and got a positive on CD13 and 14 days later got my visit from AF. So I'm assuming based on my luteal phase that I am ovulating, I just want to be sure. We haven't seen a doctor because it has not yet been a year of actively trying(though we had just come off about 6 months of NTNP) and we're both very young. As far as I can tell my cycles are regular so I'm not assuming any major fertility issues yet. Just no luck. Which wouldn't surprise me. The husband and I have always joked that we used up all of our luck by finding each other so young.

Anyways, best of luck to everyone. I hate the "You're so young! You should see the world!" crap. It's pretty condescending in my opinion.

Im 23, DH is 36, we have been married 7 months now, good luck to you, and lots of baby dust!!!!!

Wow TheAnie 11 years that's amazing! I met my oh once when I was 16, but we didn't speak to each other then we met again just before I turned 18 and got together officially a couple of months after I turned 18. Can't wait till we fall pregnant but I'm pretty relaxed about it I don't want to get all like "we MUST fall pregnant" because I don't beleive putting that kind of pressure on yourself really helps at all. It's easy for me to say that though since we've only been trying for a month, maybe my tune will change a few months down the line!

Hii, im 19 OH is 20 so were pretty young i guess. We've only been trying for about 3 months now and the only person who knows is my sister. There's no way im going to tell my mom we are TTC, all she will say is your ruining your life blah blah blah. We are temporarily not living together atm, we used to but i had to move out for whatever reason but planning on getting our own place in the next couple months. I dont work at the mo but i do have an interview this week so hopefully that goes alright, but i know we could support a baby on the money OH makes.
Its nice to know that there are some young people TTC, as alot of the other women on here are much older
Good luck getting your BFP :flower:

Yeah its nice to hear from people in similar situations. You're from Birmingham as well i see Frustrated194. Good luck in your interview! I have one next week :)

Hi! I'm 18, 19 next month (July) and me and OH are ttc :) He's 18, so we are really young! But we both have full time jobs, not currently living together but thats because we're saving the money for now. He's joining the army soon and we'll be getting married either while pregnant or after baby is born (thats relying on falling pregnant soon lmao!)
So right now living together isn't the important thing, it's saving money to get married, that way I can live on base with him and our LO :) First month TTC, Im so excited!! :D xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->