Your firsts (show your age)

oh gosh his has made me think erm....
Single - no idea...
Abulm - A album by Lolly think it may have been called pack and mix??? i was about 9 or 10 maybe 8...
Video - my mum always brough them for me when i was younger :blush: i think i brought rugrats in paris on dvd when i was 12ish though...
cinema - it was my 12th birthday and i went to see planet of the apes :D

First single was Betty Boo Doing the Do..... haha! And I bought it on vinyl (I had a hifi that played cassettes or vinyl and was probably the size of a fridge!)

Can't remember first album but I'd guess either a Smash Hits compilation or maybe Take That and Party.

Can't remember first vhs. I don't really remember buying them, I did spend pocket money renting films from the video shop sometimes.

First film I saw at cinema was Bambi, I was about 5.

First single was come dancing by the kinks.
First album was 5 star.
Can't remember what i saw first at cinema but was probably Disney. I do remember you used to get 2 short Disney films before the main feature!
No ideafor first video although it could have been Jason donovan. We did not have a video player til i was 8/9!

Yay, someone around my age :)
At least your first video player wasnt a betamax :) (yep there was something around older then VHS)

We had a betamax! My dad still says they were better and vhs taking over the market was some kind of conspiracy... haha!

First single: vengaboys-boom boom boom and some random song called sweet like chocolate :haha:.

First album: first album brought for me was spice girls on cassette first one I brought myself was blue one love

First film: homeward bound

First cinema I was about 3-4 with my dad watching the flintstones movie and at the end I jumped up on the chair and shouted "yabbadabba doooooo" :blush:

Wow I feel old... I can't remember if these were definitely the first but the first I can remember:

Single - must have been a 45 so I'm gonna say Jive Bunny - Swing the Mood
Album - madonna - like a prayer
Cinema - no idea but I remember going to see Ghost for sure
VHS - think it might have been Short Circuit

The first cassette I bought was PJ & Duncan (Ant & Dec for those who don't know P&D), can't remember the song. *cringes*

First Album....not sure, NOW 29 I think.

First Film...the first I ever bought myself was The Matrix but had loads for prezzies (all on VHS).

Cinema...I remember going to see The Little Mermaid. I know I had been before then but it's the one that sticks in my mind.

Let's get ready to rumble !

No it wasnt Lets Get Ready To Rumble....will have to google and get back to you

ETA: Googled it - Eternal Love!

Single: Cant really remember?
Album: Spiceworld. I was nine.
Video: Moulin Rouge when I was 15 and I still love it.

First single- Kylie Minogue, I should be so lucky
First album- like a virgin, madonna
Never bought a film in my life

Single - Barbie Girl, Aqua
Album - Spice Girls. Me and my brother saved up and bought it on tape. I remember holding it so tightly because I was so excited to have it. :haha:
Video - I don't remember. By the time I was old enough to save for things other than sweets, DVDs were around. I think it was Shallow Hal.

Single - A-ha. I don't remember which one but it was on vinyl and I bought it from Woolies.

Album - Wanted by Yazz. I was about 9.

Cinema - either The Sword in the Stone or The Goonies when I would have been 6 or 7.

Video - can't really remember but probably Back to the Future.

We had a betamax too! Had to get some tapes changed onto vhs. This thread makes me feel old!

Single - A-ha. I don't remember which one but it was on vinyl and I bought it from Woolies.

Album - Wanted by Yazz. I was about 9.

Cinema - either The Sword in the Stone odEr The Goonies when I would have been 6 or 7.

Video - can't really remember but probably Back to the Future.

We had a betamax too! Had to get some tapes changed onto vhs. This thread makes me feel old!

Ww got some changed from betamax to vhs but they never did work properly

Single -
Album - A1
Video - Power Rangers
You ever bough with your own pocket money - Penny sweets
Also first film you saw at the cinema - HP Philosophers Stone
How old where you - It was in 2001 so 8

Single -
Album - A1
Video - Power Rangers
You ever bough with your own pocket money - Penny sweets
Also first film you saw at the cinema - HP Philosophers Stone
How old where you - It was in 2001 so 8

That ones made me feel the oldest, I was 20 when that film came out :)

Good grief, I am wondering if I am the oldest, some people's first trips to the cinema were when I was at university or already working full time!

Single - I thought it was "Frankie" by Sister sledge, but I know I bought "Do they know it's Christmas" in 1984, before Frankie and I don't think that was the first song I bought. It may have been Karma Kameleon by Culture Club. Anyhoo it would have been 7" and owning any of these songs on vinyl makes me cool. :haha:
Album - The soundtrack from Footloose (on cassette of course) :thumbup: (ah, the town where dancing was forbidden!)
Video - can't remember, perhaps Dirty Dancing when I was about 12. We had video before then but I didn't really buy the tapes myself.
First film - Annie. Still a classic. :happydance: I was about 6 or 7.

Good grief, I am wondering if I am the oldest, some people's first trips to the cinema were when I was at university or already working full time!

Single - I thought it was "Frankie" by Sister sledge, but I know I bought "Do they know it's Christmas" in 1984, before Frankie and I don't think that was the first song I bought. It may have been Karma Kameleon by Culture Club. Anyhoo it would have been 7" and owning any of these songs on vinyl makes me cool. :haha:
Album - The soundtrack from Footloose (on cassette of course) :thumbup: (ah, the town where dancing was forbidden!)
Video - can't remember, perhaps Dirty Dancing when I was about 12. We had video before then but I didn't really buy the tapes myself.

Never mind the vinyl making you cool, this is pretty cool to me. One of my fave films!!!

First Single - Wannabe by the Spice Girls :haha:
First Album - The Spice Girls (and it was a cassette tape it was THAT long ago :rofl:)
First VHS - I honestly don't remember I had every film you could think of :dohh: My favourites were my Disney collection though. And 'Stanleys Magic Garden' that they've now renamed to A Troll In Central Park because I'm buying it for my LO's :haha:

Inpired by the toys thread what was your first
Single
Album
Video (dvd if your too young to know what VHS is) :)

Single - Aqua - Barbiw girl
Album - Marilyn Manson - Mechanical Animals (polar opposite to first single haha) it was a blue tape I thought it was soooo cool!
VHS - I have no idea but I was probably in my late teens, I think it was Bad Taste.

The first film I remember seeing at the cinema was Jurassic Park.

I had these :)

I can't for the life of me remember my first single, album or VHS but I can remember my first cinema trip was to see Independence Day when I was either 10 or 11 - even tho it was a 12 :D. I had to check dates as I remember going to see Spiceworld too, but that was a year later lol

Single Mr Blobby! Haha (cassette)

Album A Boyzone one (cassette)

Video (dvd if your too young to know what VHS is) Beauty and the beast (VHS)

First thing I brought with pocket money was most likely a barbie!

First film I saw at the cinema was beauty and the beast. I think I was 3. Saw it 5 times with my Daddy xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->