Your home made decorations and ideas

.Mrs.B.

Reaction score
I want to make some home made tree decorations that are unusual. I'm thinking like using a pine cone to make a hedgehog and things like that.
Any other ideas? And what have you made before?

This year we're going to make some Christmas shape bird feeders for the garden. Found some good ones online x

This is what I've made so far this year. Not original bc I find stuff on Pinterest and then copy it LOL But I love working with wood and cutting things out. You can't tell the size, but the nativity and the "Joy, Hope..." tree are outside decorations and a little over 4 ft tall. The other is a door hanger and about 2 ft tall. My next craft will be daughter's advent. I'm planning to cut out a tree the same shape as the door hanger one with the "W" on it, only bigger and then wrap jute rope around it and put decorated clothes pins on the rope to hold the little bags.

I've got some other things planned to do with dd. I cut her out a tree and she painted and decorated it. I have some of those cut papers to make a paper chain. Would love to see what others are doing.

Attachments

• tree.jpg
    tree.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 9
  • Nativity.jpg
    Nativity.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 9
  • treetoo.jpg
    treetoo.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 11
This is what I've made so far this year. Not original bc I find stuff on Pinterest and then copy it LOL But I love working with wood and cutting things out. You can't tell the size, but the nativity and the "Joy, Hope..." tree are outside decorations and a little over 4 ft tall. The other is a door hanger and about 2 ft tall. My next craft will be daughter's advent. I'm planning to cut out a tree the same shape as the door hanger one with the "W" on it, only bigger and then wrap jute rope around it and put decorated clothes pins on the rope to hold the little bags.

I've got some other things planned to do with dd. I cut her out a tree and she painted and decorated it. I have some of those cut papers to make a paper chain. Would love to see what others are doing.

I'm planning to make something similar to the last pic, but without the words. Also saw it on pinterest.

Attachments

• pallet tree.jpg
    pallet tree.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 8

I'm planning to make something similar to the last pic, but without the words. Also saw it on pinterest.

Ohhh, that's really pretty. Would be pretty sitting on the porch. Don't you just love pinterest! :)

Ohhh, that's really pretty. Would be pretty sitting on the porch. Don't you just love pinterest! :)

There aren't words for how addicted I am to Pinterest. LOL. They provide me with all my food and crafty needs, it's great, LOL

Made dd advent calendar today. The star is black bc I had black chalkboard paint and was too lazy to go to the store to get a colored chalk paint LOL Finished with big stuff, I think. Wondering what crafts others are doing with their kiddos??

Attachments

• advent.jpg
    advent.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 16
I love it!
I haven't started any yet, I need to pick some pine cones with the kids.
The first picture is what I'm imagining, but it will probably be more like the second picture, lol.
I might also try some kind of stick tree like these.
I like the idea of using things the kids have collected. It's going to be for hanging on the tree so they'll all be quite small.

Attachments

• download (3).jpg
    download (3).jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 1
  • download (4).jpg
    download (4).jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 1
  • download (6).jpg
    download (6).jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 3
  • download (5).jpg
    download (5).jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 3
I love it!
The first picture is what I'm imagining, but it will probably be more like the second picture, lol.
I like the idea of using things the kids have collected. It's going to be for hanging on the tree so they'll all be quite small.

Oh my gosh, I love those pine cones ones! The trees are precious too, and I love the idea of making something out of what dd collects. She loves to walk outside and collect things so I know she would love it too.(although she usually likes to collect rocks and not sure what I could do with those LOL) I'm going to find pine cones this weekend!!

I love it!

Oh my gosh, I love those pine cones ones! The trees are precious too, and I love the idea of making something out of what dd collects. She loves to walk outside and collect things so I know she would love it too.(although she usually likes to collect rocks and not sure what I could do with those LOL) I'm going to find pine cones this weekend!!

Well, it's not "Christmassy", but maybe a gift idea for the rocks. You can paint them to use as tic tac toe pieces. We did this for the boys' birthday over the summer with rocks they had collected down by the river.

Attachments

• tic tac toe.jpg
    tic tac toe.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 1
I love it!

Well, it's not "Christmassy", but maybe a gift idea for the rocks. You can paint them to use as tic tac toe pieces. We did this for the boys' birthday over the summer with rocks they had collected down by the river.

Oh that's so cute and such a great idea! We have tons of rocks. thx

Mine are rock collectors as well, love the tic tac toe. At the moment I have a bundle of collected leaves that I will have to chuck when they are not looking, lol.

Mine are rock collectors as well, love the tic tac toe. At the moment I have a bundle of collected leaves that I will have to chuck when they are not looking, lol.

LOL. been there, done that! hehe

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->