Your opinions please........

Moulder86

Fiancé & mum to one
Reaction score
Ok well the babies dad want's to find out the sex when we go for our next scan and I'm not 100% sure yet, we've got till March to decide.

I know a lot of you have chosen to find out the sex but I was wondering what people would suggest??

My Nan went on at me about keeping it a surprise and it really annoyed me because at the end of the day I'll do what I want, I'm not going to not find out just to keep her happy (I just won't tell her) but I'm unsure about it.

Stace xx

My OH and i want to keep it a surprise but i haven't even had my 1st scan yet and i know once i see our little prawn i'm going to want to know at the next scan what we're having but hubby really doesnt.

My OH wants to no, and i didnt but i gave in a said ok, i just hope baby as legs crossed.

I like the idea of a suprise.

Me and my OH didn't want to know but the sonographer came out with it by mistake

We want to know.

It can still be a secret from you if you arent sure. The sonographer could tell your OH when you're out of the room or write it down or something, you just want to hope your OH is good at keeping a secret!

We would like to know just purely out of curiosity. I would like a suprise, but I dont think I could wait that long! Everyone is different though :)

xxx

i agree with everything linzi said, let them tell you OH and tell him you dont want to know, when u do u can always find out, its not a once off offer
i have a policy of not telling anyone else even tho we want to know, its our little secret

Is like christmas I found, I wanted to know with my first and then when I found out felt like I had opened my presents too early and didn't have surprise anymore!!! So this time we are waiting...doesn't meen I don't want to know though :)

Think you both need to think the same as each other though so talk it over lots till you feel confident in your decision.

i am having a suprise baby and it's so awesome still not knowing!

babyblessed i'm really worried about that Christmas feeling that's exactly how i described it to OH. Part of me wants to be surprised and the other part wants to be organised.

Totally understand doctordeesmrs and that was what I thought, but you don't really need to know the sex to be organised, you get what you need in neutral before but leave the extra bits till after...though if you are really in the middle and your OH is really set on finding out you don't want to have a big disagreement there as you can have fun knowing before too.

My OH wanted to know as well, but because I didnt the person doing the scan wouldnt tell, not even if I left the room, because of the chance of him spoiling it for me. Alot of places seem to be like this. But we only have jst over 3 weeks left and my OH is now happy we didnt find out..surprise will be great in the end!

My OH wanted to find out and i didn't, however he has convinced me to find out now, and i am quite excited (and counting down the days) until i find out if i am having a little boy or girl! I am looking forward to going out and buying pink/blue outfits etc! but at the same time i have been thinking would it be nicer to keep as a surprise for after the labour?!? something to get through the pain!

.. something to get through the pain!

That was my exact way of thinking :rofl:
I just think that im going through all that pain, I deserve a wee surprise at the end!

I was speaking to my midwife this morning about finding out the sex and she said that sonographers will know if its a boy because they will see the penis but if they dont see a penis they presume its a girl, and that its not 100% accurate and that they sometimes get it wrong......

my friend had 4 scans after she was 20 weeks pregnant due to complications and everytime they told her it was a boy turns out a girl and she can't ake anything pack to shops as the exiry on receipt has run out....

I really want to find out, does anyone know what the percentages are on them being correct?

see the only thing is if I asked and they told me it was a boy I would probably still hope that they were wrong and it would turn out to be a girl and then if it was a boy I would probably be slightly disappointed (obviously I'd be happy either way).

xx

This is my first and i was dying to know and my OH didnt...so i booked a private scan at 16.5 weeks, my OH came with me...he covered his eyes when they were showing me the bits and they gave me confirmation on paper, anyways that was no use cause i just couldnt contain my self...we had barely left there when i screamed It's a BOY!!
and then for someone who didnt want to know, he was the first to start calling everone and telling them it was a boy!
so far i'm happy i found out cause i think its made me closer to my little one and made me accept whatever discomfort i'm going through cause i can refer to him, when i'm thinking, talking, dreaming....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadleyfai
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->