your prem baby at 8 months...

alibaba24

Reaction score
I was just wondering what your prem babies were doing at 8 months and how early they were?

Rosalie has only sat up herself twice unaided for a few seconds. She can roll take her dummy out but cant put it back in well she does but not the right way lol

Just had her 6 month review and HV said shes fine but not much else really I dont really have expectations of her im just curious shes was only 13lb 13oz at her 6 month review and i know shes not got the stregth on an ordinary 8 month old. People never believe her age iv taken to just saying shes 6 and a half months lol! xx

Gaby is nearly 8 months...

She can't sit up by herself, although is very steady when we are holding her.
She bears weight on her legs and will 'walk' if we hold her hands.
Still not very keen on tummy time and has only rolled over a few times, although she will crawl on her back, like a crab, to get to where she wants to be!
Saw the health visitor yesterday and told her my concerns about not sitting etc and she said not to worry. Some full term babies can't do these things and every baby does things when they are ready, not when the books say they should.
She now weighs 13lb :happydance::happydance: And fits into 3-6 month clothes!
The main thing is she is a contented wee soul who is very easy to please!

p.s Gaby was just over 6 weeks early and 4lb 8oz.

p.p.s Your lo is gorgeous!

p.s Gaby was just over 6 weeks early and 4lb 8oz.

p.p.s Your lo is gorgeous!

Thank you as is yours :flower:

Rosalie really hated tummy time until she rolled like you LO she can sit very steady on my knee so long as she has a lil support shes just started wearing 6-9 month clothes now alothugh the trousers are a little long hehe 3-6 was too short shes in between at the mo

shes pretty contented too good to know even full termers cant do certain things etc x

My LO was 11 weeks early and was 2lb 7oz.

Shes sat unaided twice for a few seconds.
Can stand up firmly on her feet when i hold her.
Can hold things pick things up, put her tummy in her mouth including toys lol (shes teething) can roll over.Just over a month ago was weighed and was 12 2oz.
Shes growing out of her 0-3 clothes and heading towards 3-6m.
Shes not a chubby baby like my son, just very long.
i wouldn't worry my son a full term baby did not sit up till 9 months.
My LO is a very happy and contented baby and will do thing in her own time.
And by the sound of your Lo she doing great.:)

At 8 months even corrected age Alex wasnt even sitting, she was 12 1/2 weeks early.
Rosalies doing great!

Andrew's 13m actual, 10m corrected, and not sitting yet. He mastered the dummy-manouevres at around 6m corrected, and started rolling with a vengeance on holiday in June when he was coming up for 8m corrected. He's commando crawling now, and pretty fast too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->