Your Routine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure but something like this I hope!

Christmas Eve:
- Have breakfast
- Take Rory to the park if the weather is nice, if not we'll play inside
- Start on the Christmas films
- Have chicken, gravy and stuffing sandwiches for lunch/tea
- Watch more Christmas films with hot chocolate and sweets etc.
- Give Rory his bath and put him to bed
- Put presents in stockings and under the tree
- Finish tidying up
- Possibly get drunk with OH while snuggled on the sofa

Christmas Day:
- Get up around 7am or whenever Rory wakes us
- Do my makeup and hair for photos, but stay in pyjamas
- Have breakfast, probably pan au chocolat or something yummy that we don't normally have
- Open stockings
- Play with toys, read Rory his books, dance to Christmas songs and generally mess around
- Get us all dressed
- Let Rory play with his toys and listen to Christmas songs while we prep lunch. He can help too if he wants as he's getting an apron in his stocking :)
- Have Christmas dinner around 1pm
- Open the rest of the presents
- Play and watch films
- Give Rory something more to eat, then give him his Jelli Baff (getting it in his stocking)
- Read him a Christmas story and put him to bed
- Spend time with OH

This just a rough plan as I won't know exact timings till closer to the day.

Saturday

Food shopping except Fruit and veg as I get that delivered from a farm.
Gonna do it on Saturday as the shops will be crazy on Sunday as legally they can't open beyond standard sunday 6 trading hours.

Christmas eve eve

Clean House
Get to the bottom of the ironing pile

Christmas Eve

Work until at the earlist 3pm
Get Milk and any other last minuet bits on the way home
Collect LO from MIL
Make Cranberry sauce and prep veg
Set up slow cooker and timer for ham
Do dinner
Change beds
Bath for Adam
Bed for Adam
Have a couple of friends over for drinks and nibbles.
Play Santa - My favourite thing
Bed

Christmas day

6-7am: Put turkey in and check ham. Then go back to bed to wait for Adam to wake up
7.30ish Open adams stocking in bed
8am: Get showered and dressed
9am: Play with Adam
11am: Get Adam down for a nap and start dinner
12pm: Inlaws arrive
1pm: Serve dinner (hopefully)
3pm: Open presents
Nothing more to do after this other than make sure Adam isn’t hungry and put him to bed on time.

Boxing Day

Manic morning prepping huge buffet for big family party

day before xmas eve :

Clean and wait in for tesco delivery of all my food then if need be dash to morrisons for anything i forgot or didnt get delivered (has never happened yet)
DEFROST THE TURKEY

christmas eve :

see my dad , see my nan, change the beds and have another tidy round , set the table for xmas dinner, watch films and track santa on NORAD , get any dinner bits ready i can then get the kids bathed and ready for bed , sprinkle reindeer dust and get the carrot a mince pie etc out get kids to sleep , set up the xmas gifts and stocking so it looks like santa has been , have a tot of whiskey and go bed

Xmas day :
get up at whatever silly time the kids decide , go downstairs make tea and open presents , attempt and fail at getting the kids to eat breakfast , put turkey in , get a shower , get xmas best clothes on , cook dinner then after that it tends to all get a bit blurry

Christmas Eve Eve: Probably do any last minute shopping and wrapping as don't want to be up all night Christmas Eve doing it. Do some cleaning as having in-laws over Christmas Eve.

Christmas Eve: Get stew ready for supper, pop it into the slow cooker, finish any last minute cleaning and make sure everything looks nice for supper. May bake some cookies with Colin, give Colin his xmas eve bag and watch his new xmas dvd. For supper the in-laws are probably coming over. Visit with them. After they leave bath Colin and put him in his new pjs, read new xmas book and put him to bed (fingers crossed he doesn't resist). Put out gifts and stockings and maybe have a snuggle with OH.

Christmas Day: Wake up and open stocking and gifts. Around 9 or 9:30 am we go to in-laws for breakfast and more gifts. We will then probably come home and play with new toys and then Colin hopefully will go for nap. We then go back to in-laws for family coming over and Christmas Supper. More gifts are given and then we relax and visit.

Boxing day: Last year I went shopping with MIL and it was fun. May do that this year again but not sure.

Soooo excited! :happydance:

This year looks something like this..

22nd -

I will no doubt be at work
Do food shopping after
Go visit OHs family and drop off pressies

23rd -

Check everything is in place for xmas, do any last minute shopping if needed
Make xmas biscuits with kiddies
Blitz the house

Xmas eve -

I think I will be working
Come home, change all beds, do any last minute housework
Watch xmas film with kiddies
Get kids dinner, then open new pjs and book
Bath time, bed and story time
Prep food for xmas day
OH and myself get some tea,
This year all pressies will be wrapped before xmas eve but we have a wooden kitchen to build yay lol
Have a few drinks and watch a xmas film whilst we build and arrange pressies
Shower and bed

Xmas day -

Woke up by kiddies
Breakfast
Put turkey in
Open santa stockings
Everyone gets dressed
Kids play with santa pressies whilst we get xmas lunch in cooking order and do pots etc from breakfast, set table for xmas dinner
Watch xmas film together with xmas biscuits, and hot chocolate
Usually we have my family over for xmas but this year my mum may be visiting her boyfriend, and I no longer speak to one of my sisters and my dad thinks he is at my aunties so we may have one of my sisters over or it may be just the four of us.

Our families are chipping in this year to buy them a swing and slide set so they can play on that through out the morning
Lunch at 1pm approx, washing up after
Then open all pressies, tidy and play
Have nibbles and mini buffet for tea
Kids go to bed at 7.30
Then drinks, more nibbles and xmas films/xmas tv.

Boxing day I am hoping to get off work
Hopefully see my dad, and have a repeat of xmas day minus opening pressies.

I love planning for xmas, last year was much easier when I was still on mat leave!!

xXx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back