Your situation with FOB?

xSarahM

Two Beautiful Angels
Reaction score
I was just wondering what everyones situation with their FOB is?

My FOB is called Brad, he's 18. He'll turn 19 just before LO's arrive.
I've known him since i was like 11, we werent really friends until we were about 13/14 though. (We met in school.)
We didnt get together until after school. (April 2010) So we've been together for 14 months, (were together for 10 when we got pregnant.)

Our relationship hasnt been what i'd say, "smooth", but since we found out we're expecting, it has been amazing. He's really excited and wants me to let him start buying stuff :dohh: i'm determined to wait but his little brown puppy dog eyes are starting to get the better of me!

A couple of weeks into the pregnancy i'd hear him crying at night when he thought i was asleep. It was horrible. It lasted for about 2 weeks, and when i finally confronted him he told me he was just 'scared'. We talked through it and I've never heard him cry since, except out of happiness :haha:

We more or less live together now (between my house and his appartment) we havent spent one night apart since i got my BFP! And we will be living together properly by the end of June.
He truly is going to be such an amazing Daddy :cloud9::blush:

My FOB is my boyfriend of a year n a half.
His name is J.T and he just turned 23.
I met him at work a couple summers ago! :cloud9: then we started dating that Nov 27 09, he asked me out over facebook because i was away on thanksgiving break and didnt have a phone LOL

we currently dont live together because he is on house dentention ... and doesnt get off till jan 11'. But me and baby will always be over at his house like i am now! I still see him everyday thoug!

He was upset when I told him i was pregnant.... even tho he is great with kids! he just wasnt ready for one! which i understand but now he is excited to meet his little son!

aw i am glad you two are happy together :)

my FOB is 21, and he works full time as a chef.
it's kind of confusing how we met haha, i live on an island in the english channel there is about 70,000 people living here. there is another island about a 15minute plane journey away which only has about 2500 people living there. every summer they have a week long festival and loads of people go, so yeah i met him there 3 years ago as his mum lives there but he lived in england with his dad. i was with my ex boyfriend at the time when i met him, then the year later me and my boyfriend split up so me and the FOB got together but he lived in england so eventually he moved over to live with me at my mums house.
confusing sorry! haha.

then i found out i was pregnant and yeah, he was really happy. apart from now we're not really getting on, it's like i can't stand to be around him - everything he does i find annoying and i find he thinks i'm incapable of doing the simplest things and i feel like he's trying to control my life. but hopefully it's just my hormones!

we're moving out of my mums into our own flat in a couple of weeks which i'm excited for, he works like 10 hours a day so i'll probably still be at my mums alot as its only like 10minutes away.

i'm 17 and due on november 9th btw. :)

FOB is called Conor. He is 18 years old and we have been together for over 2 years and 3 months. I was his first proper girlfriend and the first girl he ever had sex with. He is a very loving, caring and considerate person who reminds me every single day how much he loves me :blush:

When he found out I was pregnant last April with our little angel Alex, he was extremely excited even though it was un-planned (I was on the pill at the time). After the loss of our baby at 12 weeks, he was devastated and he still doesn't really talk about them much but he says he thinks about our little baby every single day. When he found out I was pregnant with our little :yellow: baby on Halloween Day, he was extremely excited and supportive because again, it was un-planned (we were using condoms). He has been a fantastic support system for me and really helped me come to terms with this pregnancy during the early stages of regret and denial. We did have some problems though when he didn't want to get a job, quit education, spent his money on alcohol and was always out with his friends... but, we sorted it out and now could not be happier. We are expecting our child on the 11th of July and are very very proud parents.

Soon after our little one is born, we will hopefully be moving in together :flow: xx

Me and OH have been together just about 4 years, he'll be turning 20 just after my due date.
We had been looking for someplace to live together just before my BFP, but we decided to put it on hold to save some money.

In August (LO won't even be a month old) he is going away for 6 months as he's in the army :cry:
It's going to be tough because I think in 4 years the longest we've been apart is two weeks. I just don't even like to think about it atm, I'm essentially going to be a single mum for the first 6 months! :(

He is really fantastic though (apart from last night when he ate my pringles, grr!) and he is really excited for our LO :flower:

OH/FOB is called Wade, and he's 20. I' do anything for him - I even quit college so we spent more time together (he lives in Doncaster).
Had a bit of a love/hate relationship going on in 2009, and honestly spoke to me like a POS, but, he only admitted not long ago he was mad about me during that time :blush:
We become an official item putting troubles aside in November and I fell pregnant 3 months later.

We were great until we found out we were expecting. He was mortified which I didn't understand: He wasn't impressed when I came on my period the month before. And he agreed with my oldest sister on having a termination which I wasn't happy with at all.
My hormones were raging, and I had no feelings for nothing. I was constantly snapping at him as well as everyone else. He just thought it was him.
We split up a few weeks after and he started to see someone else, it killed me. He came to the 13 week scan and we got on great, as if nothing happened. I was dreading it. This person he was seeing was pretty much rebound, and I gave him mouthfuls about how stupid he was to lead her on like he was doing. /life story

Whilst I was at college, I spent Fri-Tues and his and he did the same the following week. When I quit, I was doing Mon-Fri/Sat. And vice versa. We argued a bit due to being under each others feet, but I'm moving into his family home this month and then into our own place by July/August :)

He's going to be a great dad. He's had experience with both girls and boys (nieces and nephews) and he treats them like his own, which is nice to see. We've saved money, he's even sold some of his stuff so the money can be put aside.

@Keljt1127 - im glad everything is working out well for you! i'm sorry hes on house detention for when LO arrives :(

@Fizzx - im sorry he works such long days! that must be a nightmare! But im glad you two are happy and are moving in together :)

@Chloe - im happy you and Conor might be moving in together :happydance: I remember reading somewhere about all your mums rules about when LO arrives, and how hard it might be for Conor to help/bond with LO!

@Bexxx - I'm glad he's so good with it all, so happy for you :) I'm sorry that hes going away more or less as soon as LO arrives though :( but you'll be a fantastic mum! :thumbup:

@SmartieMeUp - I'm Sorry FOB diddled around a bit to begin with! I'm glad he's being so good now though. LO deserves a good Daddy!

Aww that's sweet that he's really come around since you found out you were pregnant. I'm sure that you were over the moon. And that's wonderful you've been supporting him to let him know everything will be ok!

My FOB/OH have been together since February 2008 and we met in our senior year of high school. Then I found out I was pregnant in May 2008, had a miscarriage and that really screwed me up. But he was really supportive/helpful. We've had a pretty rocky relationship from the beginning but now that LO is here we've become more mature and we don't argue as much. We broke up a few months after LO was born but we've worked things out and so far everything has been going great.

:D

Aww that's sweet that he's really come around since you found out you were pregnant. I'm sure that you were over the moon. And that's wonderful you've been supporting him to let him know everything will be ok!

My FOB/OH have been together since February 2008 and we met in our senior year of high school. Then I found out I was pregnant in May 2008, had a miscarriage and that really screwed me up. But he was really supportive/helpful. We've had a pretty rocky relationship from the beginning but now that LO is here we've become more mature and we don't argue as much. We broke up a few months after LO was born but we've worked things out and so far everything has been going great.

:D

Wow, thats a long time! I'm sorry about your loss :hugs:
And im sorry you had a rocky relationship, but im glad you managed to work things out. Ps, everytime i see your signiture, i cannot get over how cute your Little Man is! He's absolutely gorgeous, definitley going to be a little heartbreaker!

@Chloe - im happy you and Conor might be moving in together :happydance: I remember reading somewhere about all your mums rules about when LO arrives, and how hard it might be for Conor to help/bond with LO!

Thanks Sarah :hugs: We found the perfect house in the countryside. It's a semi detached property in an estate. It's 3 bedroom, 1 livingroom, 1 kitchen, a bathroom, a hall, a back garden and a private driveway. Its right in the middle of beautiful Landscape near a local lake. It is £450 a month for rent and rates and housing benefit would cover £80 a week and me and Conor would have to make up the rest (I will be getting Income Support but also looking for a part-time job under 16 hours a week and Conor will be getting EMA and being paid by a tiler during his apprenticeship). We took a spin out to the house last Saturday to see what it was like and we love it. The estate is all private owners, very quiet, seen childrens toys and nice cars and a few dogs sleeping on door steps. Was really impressed :thumbup:

It's been on the market from the start of March with no luck and we are thinking of arranging a private viewing for this month! xx

Thanks Sarah :hugs: We found the perfect house in the countryside. It's a semi detached property in an estate. It's 3 bedroom, 1 livingroom, 1 kitchen, a bathroom, a hall, a back garden and a private driveway. Its right in the middle of beautiful Landscape near a local lake. It is £450 a month for rent and rates and housing benefit would cover £80 a week and me and Conor would have to make up the rest (I will be getting Income Support but also looking for a part-time job under 16 hours a week and Conor will be getting EMA and being paid by a tiler during his apprenticeship). We took a spin out to the house last Saturday to see what it was like and we love it. The estate is all private owners, very quiet, seen childrens toys and nice cars and a few dogs sleeping on door steps. Was really impressed :thumbup:

It's been on the market from the start of March with no luck and we are thinking of arranging a private viewing for this month! xx

Oh yes! Now i remember you saying, silly baby brain! :dohh:
Soso happy for you two + bump, it sounds lovely! :)

Don't worry sweetheart we can all be a little silly at times. This is it https://www.shooter.co.uk/propertyDescription.php?ID=1738... What do you think? The web-site I found it on didn't have an outside photograph so I looked it up on Google maps and seen what the estate looked like, got the directions and just drove out to it in the early evening! It's really nice from the outside... xx

Don't worry sweetheart we can all be a little silly at times. This is it https://www.shooter.co.uk/propertyDescription.php?ID=1738... What do you think? The web-site I found it on didn't have an outside photograph so I looked it up on Google maps and seen what the estate looked like, got the directions and just drove out to it in the early evening! It's really nice from the outside... xx

Absolutely gorgeous! It looks quite modern aswell IMO. Nice big kitchen, and that view around the back - beautiful! I bet you'll be taking a lot of photographs :haha: xx

Absolutely gorgeous! It looks quite modern aswell IMO. Nice big kitchen, and that view around the back - beautiful! I bet you'll be taking a lot of photographs :haha: xx

When I went up to view the outside of it, I didn't want to take any photographs incase someone seen me out the window and came out to start anything (people around here can be weird). I really want to book a private viewing and take it from there, if I did end up moving in I would take a tonne of photographs after the house was cleaned and our furniture was in!

My mum and dad are clearing out the house (they do this every 3 years and just bin everything) and mum is keeping some furniture for me! It's all good stuff and all looks new because she is funny about people touching the furniture :haha: There is a pine bookcase, a pine coffee table, a pine stereo case with shelves, a pine tv stand with a drawer and shelves for DVD's, there is a 3 piece and matching 2 piece cream leather sofa, my old single bed and mattress (only bought 2 years ago) and a spare camp bed for visitors.
She also said I can have the stuff from my room which was all bought only 3 years ago. The only thing I can't have is the wardrobes :haha: So there is a pine computer desk, pine small chest of drawers, pine large chest of drawers, pine teddy chest, a more modern black bookcase and matching cd tower and then my new kingsize bed and mattress that I got in March :happydance:
And Conor's mum said he can have his bedroom furniture and she just done up his room last week so there is white chest of drawers, 2 bedside black chest of drawers, a new leather double bed (only being delivered tomorrow :happydance:), a pine wall fitted cd and book shelf and his small pine wardrobe which would be perfect for a nursery room! Plus all his guitars and belongings (he has lovely black touch lamps for the beside tables), all my belongings (i have a lot of photo frames and photo albums and nice lamps) PLUS all the nursery furniture :happydance:

We just need to keep saving our money for kitchen appliances and home furnishings! The house comes with a gas cooker and oven, fridge and freezer. It says you can have it furnished if you want so I am going to ask about a washing machine and tumble dryer :thumbup:

My FOB and I have been together like 7 months next week.
Hes 19 and will be 20 the day before my due date =D
He just got a job and hopefully keeps it.

We've had some pretty bad fights, some to which I have to think if we should be together.
Hes been really supportive of the pregnancy though. We live together and make things work.

I just think that we got together and things moved really fast. I love him to death but I dont know If hes the one exactly.

My FOB/OH and I have been together for the last 8 years, and we married in 2009.
He's 22 years old.
He works at the Hospital as a porter but he's going to university in September.
We met the Summer before we started Secondary school and we were in the same class when we started going out when we were 14.
He was amazing when I got pregnant on Elena and things were great until recently.
I think he feels a bit suffocated, were totally broke from repaying the loan we took out to buy the house and car and all his friends are going out every night having a laugh while he's either working or watching Elena.
This pregnancy was planned, but idk. Things are weird, theres a lot of tension but I'm afraid to bring it up in case it starts a fight, which I really don't have the energy for.
Hopefully we'll get back on track soon :flower:

All your OH's/Fob's sound lovely :flow:

When I went up to view the outside of it, I didn't want to take any photographs incase someone seen me out the window and came out to start anything (people around here can be weird). I really want to book a private viewing and take it from there, if I did end up moving in I would take a tonne of photographs after the house was cleaned and our furniture was in!

My mum and dad are clearing out the house (they do this every 3 years and just bin everything) and mum is keeping some furniture for me! It's all good stuff and all looks new because she is funny about people touching the furniture :haha: There is a pine bookcase, a pine coffee table, a pine stereo case with shelves, a pine tv stand with a drawer and shelves for DVD's, there is a 3 piece and matching 2 piece cream leather sofa, my old single bed and mattress (only bought 2 years ago) and a spare camp bed for visitors.
She also said I can have the stuff from my room which was all bought only 3 years ago. The only thing I can't have is the wardrobes :haha: So there is a pine computer desk, pine small chest of drawers, pine large chest of drawers, pine teddy chest, a more modern black bookcase and matching cd tower and then my new kingsize bed and mattress that I got in March :happydance:
And Conor's mum said he can have his bedroom furniture and she just done up his room last week so there is white chest of drawers, 2 bedside black chest of drawers, a new leather double bed (only being delivered tomorrow :happydance:), a pine wall fitted cd and book shelf and his small pine wardrobe which would be perfect for a nursery room! Plus all his guitars and belongings (he has lovely black touch lamps for the beside tables), all my belongings (i have a lot of photo frames and photo albums and nice lamps) PLUS all the nursery furniture :happydance:

We just need to keep saving our money for kitchen appliances and home furnishings! The house comes with a gas cooker and oven, fridge and freezer. It says you can have it furnished if you want so I am going to ask about a washing machine and tumble dryer :thumbup:

Wow! I'll keep my fingers crossed that all goes well and you can make it into your own little dream home! :) xx

-------

@dreabae - Well i'm glad he's supportive with the baby! I hope you two become really happy together, but if you dont, its good to know he'll still be there for LO! Happy 7 months for next week :flower:

@Lucy22 - I think teen/twenteen pregnancies cause alot of stress/tension in alot of relationships unfortunately :( I'm glad he's there for Elena + your baby girl! :) Maybe when money starts to become less of an issue, he might be happier. I hope you two get back on track soon :flower:

OMG, that's fantastic for that price! It's around that for a studio flat here, goodness.

It looks lovely :flower:

Me and FOB have been together for 5 years now :) He is 21 and i am 19 (wil be 20 when baby 2 is born)
Been living together in a 3 bedroom house for 2 years
I fell pregnant with my son (now 2) when i was 16, i was very scared so was OH! he wasnt planned, i was on the pill and using condoms so he was obviously just meant to be :)
My son turned 2 on may 10th, and i was messing about putting balloons up my top saying i missed my belly :haha: and a week later i found out i was pregnant :)
so here i am now 6 weeks pregnant suffereing with constantly feeling sick and very sore boobs! :(
I would love my OH to propose to me but i know he has never been too keen on marriage as nearly everyone in his family that got married also happened to divorce, so he wants to be 100% ready, i think it would make my world if he proposed when baby 2 is born :)

edit: i would like to add that me and my OH have had a few problems in our relationship but seemed to have got through them all, we had a major fall out in april when i found out he had cheated 18 months ago, but i chose to forgive him (but not EVER forget it) im only telling you all this as i posted a while back asking for a few pm's from people as i really needed to talk to people and you were all great :flower: :hugs:

@dreabae - Well i'm glad he's supportive with the baby! I hope you two become really happy together, but if you dont, its good to know he'll still be there for LO! Happy 7 months for next week :flower:

Thanks :flower: I hope we work out. I think its just me being hormonal and us fighting alot makes me have second thoughts alot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->