zero sperm and ICSI?

Heramys

It's TWINS!!
Reaction score
Hi. My OH just got his negative result back from his vasectomy reversal. It was no sperm present and they think it's still blocked.

We now realize our only hope is ICSI. I'm worried they not going to find ANY sperm at the biopsy.

Has anyone else had a total zero and still been able to do retrieve sperm from PESA/TESA and then ICSI?

Hey! I'm in the same boat as you :hugs: I'm sad that there is someone else but glad to have company. We have a urology appointment on Thursday and then the TESE on the 22nd. I'm crossing my fingers they find some so that we can do ICSI. I'm really scared that they won't but we have to stay positive. It's our only hope.

Has your OH seen a urologist yet to talk about TESE/TESA/PESA?

aww, yes it is nice to have some company. Feels lonely enough as it is.
22nd?? We're waiting to get a confirmation for him to go in and do the biopsy on the 22nd too!! Then we defo can keep each other company :flower:

As this is going to be done at the fertility clinic we're doing my examination at the same time as well. So basically we know our future the 22nd :wacko:
Any treatment (still hoping...) is then beginning in September as they are closing the clinic over the summer. But that's fine as we're getting married in July :)

This whole process does make me feel lonely, not many people know what it's like to have the added stress of even finding sperm. Having a failed VR is very heartbreaking, I'm glad we can keep each other company through the process.

My fingers are crossed for the both of us that the 22nd brings wonderful news!! My DH's TESE will be done at the fertility clinic as well. They are planning on freezing his sperm and using what they find for ICSI.

Congrats on getting married! Are you guys thinking you will go through with IVF before the clinic closes for the summer?

OOOh lets cross fingers!! :flower:
And thanks for your congrats :)

You're getting the results the same day as well? I only heard the nurse say that she assumed we will as it's only a biopsy.
They're not freezing it as she said "there's usually so small amounts from the procedure, it's not enough to freeze and then defrost". :shrug:

No ICSI before September, as the clinic closes 20th of June-somewhere in August, so there would be no time for me to start with shots and stuff.
Also, we're getting a bit of financial help from my parents, which will not be available until autumn.

You're doing the ICSI straight away?

Not only are we waiting nervously for this result. We're dealing with my situation as well - high FSH and awaiting the results back from AMH test. :wacko:
At least we're in the hands of one of the best fertility clinics in Europe so I have faith in them.

:hugs:

Hi ladies

I am not struggling with DH sperm count for our ICSI as his count was 1 million so plenty for ICSI but I have seen a case on TV where a woman had gone through all her shots and was going through egg retrieval while her husband had 2 testicular biopsies in the hope of finding just one or two sperm after he had a SA of zero. Luckily they managed to find 2 healthy sperm and fertilised her eggs. I don't recall the outcome of the cycle but I hope it can reassure you both a little that someone with zero count did have a few sperm and fertilisation was successful with them.

Good luck to you both for 22nd x

:hugs2:

OOOh lets cross fingers!! :flower:
And thanks for your congrats :)

You're getting the results the same day as well? I only heard the nurse say that she assumed we will as it's only a biopsy.
They're not freezing it as she said "there's usually so small amounts from the procedure, it's not enough to freeze and then defrost". :shrug:

No ICSI before September, as the clinic closes 20th of June-somewhere in August, so there would be no time for me to start with shots and stuff.
Also, we're getting a bit of financial help from my parents, which will not be available until autumn.

You're doing the ICSI straight away?

Not only are we waiting nervously for this result. We're dealing with my situation as well - high FSH and awaiting the results back from AMH test. :wacko:
At least we're in the hands of one of the best fertility clinics in Europe so I have faith in them.

:hugs:

We are getting the results back the same day I believe. My biggest concern of them freezing it and then using it at a later date is the thawing process. The seem pretty sure that everything will thaw well but I'm still very worried about that. :wacko:

We are starting the process right away. I'd due to start BC in June and then stims in July. We are fully out of pocket for all the costs so that is a big stress, we asked family for help but they said no... that was the hardest no I have ever had to hear. Dh promised we would figure it out and so far so good. I'm still stressed though.

I hope all your tests come back great and they can help you with your high FSH! If you don't mind me asking, what is the cost of IVF/ICSI where you are? Here it is 16,000 with all the meds but not including the TESE or urologist. :dohh:

Hi ladies

I am not struggling with DH sperm count for our ICSI as his count was 1 million so plenty for ICSI but I have seen a case on TV where a woman had gone through all her shots and was going through egg retrieval while her husband had 2 testicular biopsies in the hope of finding just one or two sperm after he had a SA of zero. Luckily they managed to find 2 healthy sperm and fertilised her eggs. I don't recall the outcome of the cycle but I hope it can reassure you both a little that someone with zero count did have a few sperm and fertilisation was successful with them.

Good luck to you both for 22nd x

Thank you for sharing that! Our plan was to do the biopsy on the day of egg collection but they changed their minds a few days ago. That would be an interesting show to watch. I might have to do some searching to find it. I wish you the best of luck on your journey and egg sharing!

Thank you for the good luck as well. :hugs:

Hi MrsC8776,

I'm sorry I don't recall what the programme was but it was shown on British TV, Sky Channel No.254 and the channel is called "Home & Health". It's where I watch any baby related programmes so hopefully that helps you in your search for the programme. Maybe you can find a list of the programmes that channel has shown. If I ever find it again I will post back here.

oh how exciting with July! :happydance:

Sorry to hear your situation with finance. Really difficult. :hugs:
We have to pay a little ourselves as well but at least we get huge amount of help. Your costs seems A LOT :wacko:

The cost is in Swedish Kronor (SEK):
TESE: 6.000 everytime (as they do not freeze)
ICSI: 25.000 each time

IF we're suitable they offer a pack of ICSI of 3 for 52.000.
However I doubt we'll be suitable as my levels are not great. We'lll see

My tests are basically peanuts as I am a Swedish citizen. OH is a UK citizen so bloodworks for him is 800 and fee for seeing the doctor a bit over 900, but we're gonna try and see if he can have the tests in the UK and bring the results back.

After January, we are eligible to have 3 tries financed through our healthcare system for nothing basically. It's long way to go there though and we don't have the time to wait so hopefully we don't have to use that option.

Sorry to hear that you would have to wait until January to get the 3 rounds financed. That would be a long wait! I'll have to look up what your prices mean... I'm not to familiar with where you are at. I hope you are doing well. :hugs: 2 weeks to go and we will both have answers! :thumbup:

Sorry to hear that you would have to wait until January to get the 3 rounds financed. That would be a long wait! I'll have to look up what your prices mean... I'm not to familiar with where you are at. I hope you are doing well. :hugs: 2 weeks to go and we will both have answers! :thumbup:

Yey! hope we will get good answers in two weeks time. I'm a nervous wreck at the moment and quite frankly fed up not knowing.

This is the costs:

52000 SEK = 7600 USD for 3 rounds if we're eligible, otherwise for each try:
25000 SEK = 3650 USD
6000 SEK = 880 USD this is on top for the TESA etc every time they try.

your costs would basically be 16000 USD = 110.000 SEK (!) I hope this is for several tries? :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->