Zinc for Men and More?

Good luck lovely, I hope the app comes through soon. The worst thing is waiting, these things always take time to get rolling but once they do I hope it's quick!

Yeah we decided to get the ball rolling sooner rather than later, it was dps idea. My gp was great about it! I do think I am ovulating ok as I have all the signs, now I'm temping I see the temp drop too, so maybe my tubes are screwed or something

My DH was the one who wanted to get the ball rolling as well. Gotta love supporting partners :)

I also think something might be wrong with my tubes. I had a ruptured ovarian cyst when I was a teenager. I hope it didn't cause damage (which I have always suspected).

Well, again, good luck with your blood tests! Let us know how it turns out!

Hi ladies - I am going to have DH start taking zinc as he only has 23% rapid moving swimmers! And I don't even know if they are forward progressive or not (the RN just said "moving"). Does anyone know about how long it should take to start making a difference? I heard about 3 months!

Hi Lulu! Welcome to the thread! Last month I was so sick so we didn't get to try very much either. That sucks the tech dropped the sample! Don't they know what precious cargo they're holding!?!?
Glad to have you here! Good luck and baby dust!:dust:

hi ladies.

i read the following on the babymed website today : It takes sperms minutes to get into the fallopian tubes but they need to be there forf at least 8-10 hours before they are ready to fertilize the egg.

now that is something i did not know!! i always thought sperm can fertilize and egg immediately?

hi ladies.

i read the following on the babymed website today : It takes sperms minutes to get into the fallopian tubes but they need to be there forf at least 8-10 hours before they are ready to fertilize the egg.

now that is something i did not know!! i always thought sperm can fertilize and egg immediately?

Apparently they need to to go through a process called capacitation before they can fertilise, I've hears this before. Another reason we need to be dtd before ovulation. But don't worry they usually do it while on their way to the tubes so they're ready for the egg!

Eta : I'm sure it takes them longer than minutes to get to the tubes?

https://www.vivo.colostate.edu/hbooks/pathphys/reprod/fert/fert.html

wow op thanks... that makes allot more sense!! i wish i wasn't so nosy as to what happens in our body!! it just makes me feel like theres such a small chance to get pregant.. :( just have to pray that our egg was fertilized!!

i'm having dull pain in my right side today.. i'm hoping thats a fertilized egg moving down my fallopian tube :)

ps: how do you post a photo on here? i saw something cool i want to post

wow op thanks... that makes allot more sense!! i wish i wasn't so nosy as to what happens in our body!! it just makes me feel like theres such a small chance to get pregant.. :( just have to pray that our egg was fertilized!!

i'm having dull pain in my right side today.. i'm hoping thats a fertilized egg moving down my fallopian tube :)

I'm the same but I've always loved science and bio :thumbup:

Twinges are good, it would be great if we could cut out the tww and find out if the egg was fertilised earlier!

There's a 20% chance a healthy couple with no fertility problems will conceive, crazy isn't it?! We'll all get our BFPs soon, I hope around the same time so we can be bump buddies!

Are you on iPad or comp?

yes i'm hoping so!!! fingers crossed!! :)

i'm on the computer

yes i'm hoping so!!! fingers crossed!! :)

i'm on the computer

If it's a pic on a website, go to advanced post, not quick reply and click https://www.babyandbump.com/images/editor/insertimage.gif and enter the url

ok.. and if you have a pic thats not on the website?

wel, hope this worked. this is a pic of an egg coming out of the ovary!!! they say its actually as big as a small grape... cool hey!

Attachments

• jgeorgemd_right-tube-ovary2sm.jpg
    jgeorgemd_right-tube-ovary2sm.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 7
wel, hope this worked. this is a pic of an egg coming out of the ovary!!! they say its actually as big as a small grape... cool hey!

Omg that's amazing!! Didn't know it was that big, people's tickers say "your baby is the size of a poppyseed" at like 4 weeks pregnant, do you think it gets smaller?

wel yes because the shell of the egg disintergrates when the sperm and egg meet. so its not that big after fertilization.. at least thats something in our favour!! the egg is nice and big so the sperm can actually bump into the darn thing ;)

I'm the same but I've always loved science and bio :thumbup:

Twinges are good, it would be great if we could cut out the tww and find out if the egg was fertilised earlier!

There's a 20% chance a healthy couple with no fertility problems will conceive, crazy isn't it?! We'll all get our BFPs soon, I hope around the same time so we can be bump buddies!

Are you on iPad or comp?

Geez, then what is the percentage for couples with fertility problems?? :(

hi ladies.

Yeah, I kind of remember seeing that. I watched this documentary on YouTube that was pretty incredible "The Great Sperm Race". It's about 6 10-min. segments. So you can watch in pieces or sit through the whole thing if you have an hour. Def. recommend!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAnMymnJiLM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j1405

OMG J - THAT is a crazy pic! I can't believe it's that big! Explains the cramps and pains. Sucks that it shrinks when all the layers are shed huh?

yes, wel check this pic out. the first pic is still a day or 2 before that person ovulated. this pic the lady actually ovulated while they were doing a partial hystorectomy. i think this is how it really looks... the egg still big untill it meets the sperm, then its tiny tiny...

Attachments

• ovulation.jpg
    ovulation.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 10
Wel ladies something strange happened today... I have had like pain on my right side abdomen for the past week.. Not like cramps or shooting pain or anything, just this dull pain.. So we went away for this weekend to a lodge to have a nice weekend and when we bd'd it was REALLY painfull! :( we couldn't bd without oh hurting me.. Like my cervix was so low and hard, it was painfull to bd! So we stopped and i had real bad cramping like af..

It wasn't my bowels.. This was my abdomen in there that was painful and cramping! It cant be implantation though right? I'm only 5 dpo.. Do u think theres a reason for this? Never had pain while bd this bad before!

You never know! You could be implanting early! It's not an exact science that all women implant from days x-y. Maybe you ov earlier thatpn you thought too...

I'm 6dpo today, plodding along. Some twinges and pinches here and there, boobs itchy today but nothing else. Had bad anxiety last night so didn't record my temp as it wouldn't have been accurate.

Had my reflexology sesh, really helped me relax. She said my uterus feels great, ovaries are quiet and tubes are clear. The session was primarily on helping implantation.

Nearly there girls!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"