Zinc for Men and More?

My hubby started taking mens multi-vitamins designed for those trying to conceive about 3 months ago. We're getting the most recent SA results today, majorly hoping it'll have improved cos it was getting lower and lower count each time!

Our doc who was doing my internal ultrasounds to check if I was ovulating was so bad at not really telling us anything. Her favourite line seemed to be "as long as you're eating a healthy diet and doing some exercise"...without actually going into what that consisted of. When we asked her about zinc and selenium she gave us a non-committal answer like "there's no real research to suggest it helps but it wouldn't do any harm if you did take it". I mean, really!

So I'm keeping my fingers crossed that his count will have improved. We'll also find out if we're going down the IVF or ICSI route - with the 22 month waiting list that will entail. But at least if his count goes up I might be able to start taking Clomid.

It's so frustrating!!!

I would try to find a new Dr. if possible. You want one that will be your partner, supportive, and help you along the way.

I started this post bc I wanted DH to take more Zinc, but he refused because his mens multivitamin already had some in it and he thinks too much zinc causes some problem (I forget what).

Anyhow - I think you want a Dr. that is as supportive as possible in a time like this.

We checked out the levels of zinc in both "conceiving" mens tablets and just the general multi-vitamins. The levels were pretty much the same.

Thankfully I don't have to deal with that doctor anymore because we're now on the IVF/ICSI waiting list at a different hospital.

Hi eebee.

Sorry if you already answered this but did the doctors say that you have a problem conceiving or do you think its just him?

What have you guys tried to conceive normally and how long have you guys been trying?

Well I guess I'm out, temp dropped below coverline and I'm due on tomorrow. Woke up this morning thinking about how lovely it would be to be pregnant. Read a thread last night in how women told their partners they were expecting in cool ways, really want to do that one day :(

Well I guess I'm out, temp dropped below coverline and I'm due on tomorrow. Woke up this morning thinking about how lovely it would be to be pregnant. Read a thread last night in how women told their partners they were expecting in cool ways, really want to do that one day :(

Oh OP... [-( I hope not. But I'm feeling similar too. Didn't keep up with temping but I did wake up yesterday with the beginnings of a huge, ugly, pimple! I can only think that is a sign of the witch to come...

I have thought about fun and cute ways to tell the DH someday too. But at this point, I tell him so much, I can just imagine running out of the bathroom holding a peed-on-stick and waving around like a lunatic! hahah

lol ladies! i think i won't be able to keep the excitement in!! will also wave the stick in his face!!

op you know a drop below coverline is sometimes a sign of implantation!!! it is still possible!! temps drop slowly but surely when af is going to show mostly so don't count yourself out yet!! i am holding thumbs this is it and that no witch will set foot anywhere near all 3 of us this month!!

we tried real hard this month so lets keep hoping!! you too sweetie!! any symptoms yet??

wel, i still have no symptoms - just waiting...

last few days are always the worst but lets keep hoping, k?!!!

lol ladies! i think i won't be able to keep the excitement in!! will also wave the stick in his face!!

op you know a drop below coverline is sometimes a sign of implantation!!! it is still possible!! temps drop slowly but surely when af is going to show mostly so don't count yourself out yet!! i am holding thumbs this is it and that no witch will set foot anywhere near all 3 of us this month!!

we tried real hard this month so lets keep hoping!! you too sweetie!! any symptoms yet??

:thumbup: I am positive hun, I know I'm still not officially out yet. I'm definitely optimistic for the future.

If AF gets me, next cycle is relaxed. Probably won't be on here as much as seeing everyone else get BFPs is starting to make me down, which I hate as I dont want to feel like that. It just makes me obsess too.

Me and DP are going to book a weekend getaway to Italy for April :thumbup: I've never been and would love to go, hopefully that will help me relax x

OMG!!! italy is like the ultimate place i still want to see!! we want to travel there for like 2 weeks!!! man, i told oh if i find out i'm pregnant soon, we are planning that trip before i have the baby! even if i walk around with a baby belly!! :)

i'm so jealous and yes, try do that over your fertile week!! if i'm out this month i know the week away in April we will have will make a huge difference in baby making!! i cannot wait!!

italy is soooo romantic as well... ow i'm so jealous!!! imagine making a baby in italy... wow!! cant get any better than that!! i must say our week away is in my favorite place as well.. cape town.. man its sooo beautifull there and i would love to make a baby there!! i'm so in love with that place!! so actually i wont mind if those 2 lines don't pop up right now because the idea of being there during my fertile week makes me soooo excited!!

but hey, i would freak out if i get a bfp this month!!!! still hoping for one!!

OMG!!! italy is like the ultimate place i still want to see!! we want to travel there for like 2 weeks!!! man, i told oh if i find out i'm pregnant soon, we are planning that trip before i have the baby! even if i walk around with a baby belly!! :)

i'm so jealous and yes, try do that over your fertile week!! if i'm out this month i know the week away in April we will have will make a huge difference in baby making!! i cannot wait!!

italy is soooo romantic as well... ow i'm so jealous!!! imagine making a baby in italy... wow!! cant get any better than that!! i must say our week away is in my favorite place as well.. cape town.. man its sooo beautifull there and i would love to make a baby there!! i'm so in love with that place!! so actually i wont mind if those 2 lines don't pop up right now because the idea of being there during my fertile week makes me soooo excited!!

but hey, i would freak out if i get a bfp this month!!!! still hoping for one!!

Same! I've always wanted to go to Italy, love the food, the people, the culture. I just found a good deal on groupon :thumbup:

I was thinking either Rome, Florence or Venice. DP wants to go to Rome to see the colosseum, I hope that we will see a few cities together so it doesn't matter which one really as I'm sure we can go to them all eventually! I think Rome is a good place to start.

I would hate to book somewhere and have morning sickness while there! I've worked out I would ov right before going as we have to go on a weekend, so at least we'll be relaxed after and hopefully fertilisation will happen!

Ah this has taken my mind off AF coming :thumbup:

Hi eebee.

Sorry if you already answered this but did the doctors say that you have a problem conceiving or do you think its just him?

What have you guys tried to conceive normally and how long have you guys been trying?

Hi. We've been trying for nearly 2 years now (will be 2 years in May).

I've had internal ultrasound and they determined that I'm not ovulating every month so it's partly both of us that's causing the problems.

I've been given Clomid now so hopefully that'll at least get me ovulating normally and if his count continues to get better we'll have a fighting chance rather than being stuck on the ICSI waiting list for the next 2 years!

I'm out girls, the hag got me a couple of hours ago. I'm ok, not that gutted just relieved I'm not in limbo anymore.

Any news from you two? Xx

Also my luteal phase was only 10 days this month as my cycle was 26 days so it's getting shorter. I'm taking b vits from today to try and lengthen it, is there anything else I can do girls?

I'm still waiting... Sorry to hear op :(

Try get your hands on a vitex agnus castus tincture. 15 drops 3 times a day. Lengthened my lp from 9 to 13 days :) great with regulating ur hormones! Also, the epo might shorten ur cycle..

But vitex did wonders for me!

:thumbup: I am positive hun, I know I'm still not officially out yet. I'm definitely optimistic for the future.

If AF gets me, next cycle is relaxed. Probably won't be on here as much as seeing everyone else get BFPs is starting to make me down, which I hate as I dont want to feel like that. It just makes me obsess too.

Me and DP are going to book a weekend getaway to Italy for April :thumbup: I've never been and would love to go, hopefully that will help me relax x[/QUOTE]

ITALY!!! Wah! SOOO romantic and lovely! Yes, I am definitely getting less and less stressed about it. Just don't want to ever get my hopes up and more actively planning things to do. I understand about not coming on BnB too much as well. But more b/c I worry about any negativity vs. seeing BFPs.

So no symptoms for me still. Just a full grown horrific pimple. :(

sweetie, you and me both!! why don't you test????? :) i'm too scared to!!!

can one of us just test early pleaaaseee!!! i don't want to honestly.. i'd rather wait for the witch and take the disappointment then. but i sooo need some hope...

only thing i have is i've been bloated for the last 2 days like crazy and tastes of things are a little off.. and then the light cramping is still happening. i keep telling myself if the ''cramping'' gets stronger or continues today i might test tomorrow.. but its just not strong enough the cramping to actually make me feel its worth something... today's tho is a little bit stronger... but it could also be gas :(

i'm just so confused with this lack of symptoms! its driving me insane!!!

sweetie, you and me both!! why don't you test????? :) i'm too scared to!!!

can one of us just test early pleaaaseee!!! i don't want to honestly.. i'd rather wait for the witch and take the disappointment then. but i sooo need some hope...

only thing i have is i've been bloated for the last 2 days like crazy and tastes of things are a little off.. and then the light cramping is still happening. i keep telling myself if the ''cramping'' gets stronger or continues today i might test tomorrow.. but its just not strong enough the cramping to actually make me feel its worth something... today's tho is a little bit stronger... but it could also be gas :(

i'm just so confused with this lack of symptoms! its driving me insane!!!

Oh I REALLY don't want to test! I'd rather just wait too. We're both such chicken sh*ts this month! :p At this point, I'm just like "it's only X number of days left". Also, last month my cycle was only 25 days, so that was a relief to just have it over with sooner.

Seriously no symptoms, besides being so congested and a lingering sinus infection. If AF shows up this month, I'm gonna work out like crazy the next two weeks. Been getting too fat, and not with good reason. :/

Someone test!! :) you girls have great willpower.

Felt quite down last night but think it was the pms and disappointment. Plus dp was in a bad mood when he came home, so instead of hugs I just got 'well we knew it would take a while' then he rambled on about work and the Internet not working.

Started b complex yesterday, read good stuff on it so we'll see if it helps. I'm going to keep temping as I want to see if the b6 moves my ov day.

Booking our break on the weekend! I'm leaning towards Florence now but dp wants to go to Rome. My friend, who is from Italy said go to Florence as its stunning, more
Romantic and quieter. Rome is sooo busy apparently.

wel , i think i might cave and test later today...

i have a burning like feeling in my stomach now.. along with the light cramps.. what could that be you think :shrug:

aw op.. you know the last thing we need after getting af is an attitude from oh... :( sorry he wasn't more supportive. men are such assholes sometimes!

wel i think i will just test to get the suspense over and done with. i hate this freakin waiting game!!

this burning sensation is truly weird. i don't have heart burn coz some say its acid reflux that makes the belly have a burning sensation.. i dunno. and i did not eat anything spicey...

He always seems to be moody when I need him most! So annoying, he soon snapped out of it and we had a nice evening. This is an awful period though, been in so much pain I'm trying to find someone to cover for me so I can stay under covers all day :)

Not sure about burning Hun.

I take back what I said, don't test! Wait until af is late because your bfp might not show up yet anyway x

Can you girls have a read of this for me, it's quite interesting. I really think this might be why I'm struggling to conceive. I was on the depo a couple of years ago and I'm sure that's affected my lp. My drs calling me at noon to discuss my day 21 blood test results which will show my progesterone level, if it's lower than 14ml then there's a problem.

https://www.inciid.org/printpage.php?cat=infertility101&id=7

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->