Zinc for Men and More?

OP & Amanda - Have you guys been to the Dr. to confirm yet? I went to my Dr. yesterday b/c I am coming down with bronchitis. She said there was no need for them to do a pregnancy test since "there's no way you can cheat" the at-home ones. She told me to make an appt. with the OB/GYN and they won't see me until 8 weeks. Just wondered if that's the same where you guys are?

In the uk we see our gp and he refers us to a midwife (like an ob I think) who takes history- sets up scan and does antenatal and prenatal care.

My appt on Monday, my dr will be so happy for us as he knows we've wanted this a while.

Aw what a lovely surprise for your dh! My DP was the very happy but seemed v shocked too even though it was planned. After a few days he got used to the idea but just said he's worried I'll lose the baby so doesn't want to get too excited, which is understandable.

As for telling people, we've both told our best friends and that's it! I haven't told my family yet - not sure why. Was thinking about telling them all together when I've had my first scan at about 7/8 weeks so I can show them the pic. But if I get ill I will tell them before. I definitely wouldn't tell all friends now as if it didnt last one would then have to announce the loss which would be horrible. I'm waiting til 12 week scan to announce to all our friends, extended family

X

OP - Yeah, I think DH thinks the same thing. He thinks it's just so early "anything can happen". Like if I cough too hard, I could lose it (which the Dr. did actually tell me coughing too much can cause m/c). We definitely DON'T want to tell anyone yet. I would ideally like to wait the first trimester, I'm just saying it will be so easy for us to be "outted" at social gatherings.

OP - Yeah, I think DH thinks the same thing. He thinks it's just so early "anything can happen". Like if I cough too hard, I could lose it (which the Dr. did actually tell me coughing too much can cause m/c). We definitely DON'T want to tell anyone yet. I would ideally like to wait the first trimester, I'm just saying it will be so easy for us to be "outted" at social gatherings.

What?!? Now I'm not coughing for 12 weeks ever! :haha:

Luckily I've never been a big alcohol drinker so me not drinking isn't a big giveaway. I'd hate to be lured outed before I was ready to tell.

I was saying to my DP, I'd like to tell my whole family together at a dinner or something, maybe when I've got a scan pick from 7weeks or something, make it special. What about you?

Hi all,

Well I phoned the gp today and have an appt for Tuesday. I think we then get a midwife appt for about 6 weeks? OP do you have a scan at 7/8 weeks? We only have our first scan down here at 12 weeks. When do ou get scanned Sweetie? I'm so nervous as well that something could happen, we've been waiting so long for this.

I still keep having to remind myself it's real! Dh has gone on his stag do so I haven't even got him to chat to about it as he's in Barcelona! We're going on hol with some friends in May when I'll be 8 weeks so we'll have to tell them. Other than that we don't plan to tell anyone til 12 weeks. I'm with you sweetie on the drinking thing, I don't drink loads but it will be noticed if I don't drink at all when out. And dh doesn't drink so I can't even pretend to be designated driver! We've got a wedding in a couple of weeks to go to. Luckily not the day, cos there would be no excuse for not drinking the wine! But in the evening I'm thinking of drinking lemonade and hoping people think its gin!

When I was preg last time, a friend and I had had the conversation about not drinking so many times. So when we were going round for dinner, I was really sneaky! I bought a bottle of non-alcoholic wine and decanted some of it into an empty wine bottle. I then took that round and said I had it left over and thought I'd bring it to use it up (and gave them a full bottle too!). So I had the 'left over' wine and managed to make it last all night! They never guessed! :winkwink::winkwink: I was so determined no one would work it out lol!

Hope you're doing ok J. :hugs: from me too. Are ou going to get a different thermometer this month?

Having said that, we will tell our parents early, probably next week sometime.

Oh and I'm definitely not coughing ever again!!

ahaha! don't mean to scare you girls with the coughing thing. But the Dr. told me try not to use the antibiotics for the bronchitis. And when I asked her "can coughing too much cause a m/c" she nodded and said "yes". So what's a girl to do? Don't take meds and don't cough? Mind you, I've been a coughing machine all week, so hope that bean is extra sticky!

Amanda - I get scanned the first time at 8 weeks too. They have me meet a nurse practitioner first, then I get and u/s two days later from the Dr. It all seems so far away still, I imagine I'll be POAS regularly just to make sure "it's still there" in between now and then! :)

Great tip on the wine bottle thing! I think the first party in the daytime I might get away with not drinking. But the 2nd party has my SIL and DH's really good friend, and both are HUGE WINOS! I mean, they never let me get away with an empty glass, and always always always pouring wine! So that's the tricky one. I'm going to try and say I'm on antibiotics, but wish me luck!

I'm not sure but most of my friends seem to get a scan at 7/8 weeks then another at 12? I wouldn't mind waiting until 12 weeks as it'll look like a baby then

Ah you two will both get your scans a month before me!

Well having quite a chilled weekend. Dh is still in Barcelona, although he'd rather be home. I think that as we only got our bfp the day before he went, he really wants to be home for the weekend together. He comes back tomorrow eve which will be nice, so we can actually chat about it!

How are all you lovely ladies doing? :)

Hope your hubby is back and spending quality time with you Amanda!

I had a terrible time going to two of the 3 parties yesterday. Coughing fits ridiculously, I could barely breathe at night. Finally had to succumb and take the antibiotics. FX'd it's ok. I can't imagine coughing so much I'm throwing up could be good for the body.
Trying to take it easy today.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

Hi Sweetie, how are you feeling now? Hope the antibiotics have helped the cough? It might be worth you taking some probiotics too? I think the main prob with antibiotics is that they kill all the good bacteria, as well as all the bad. So that then leaves you more susceptible to catching other things as you haven't got the good bacteria to fight the bugs. So some good bacteria may help?

How did your gp appt go OP? Hope all is well with you. Did you get a midwife appt booked?

J, it must be bd time again soon I'm thinking?! How have your temps been? Did you decide to get another thermometer in the end? Good luck with it all this month :hugs:

I saw the gp today. It turns out that we don't get to see the midwife til nearer 10 weeks. But we go on hol between 8-9 weeks so they agreed to see me before then.

It's been nice to have dh back! For obvious reasons and it also means I don't have to do the dishwasher!! Ha ha!

Hope you're all well x

J, just had a quick look at your chart. It looks like you must just have quite a low bbt in general. So this month you'll be able to see how it goes up, even if it still seems low. Looks like you're better at remembering to do it than me! :)

Hi amanda,

yip seems my bbt is just on the low side. i do have a different thermometer than last month.

i should o in a week so will do smep this month! i'm going to take progesterone cream after o to see if it helps with my temps and make my lp longer!

glad its going well with you!! are you having any more symptoms?? i'm trying with the bbt thing hey.. i'm determined to catch that egg this month ;)

Hi amanda,

yip seems my bbt is just on the low side. i do have a different thermometer than last month.

i should o in a week so will do smep this month! i'm going to take progesterone cream after o to see if it helps with my temps and make my lp longer!

glad its going well with you!! are you having any more symptoms?? i'm trying with the bbt thing hey.. i'm determined to catch that egg this month ;)

Glad you got a different thermometer J! We're all here rooting for you to catch that egg this month! :)

Hi amanda,

Glad you got a different thermometer J! We're all here rooting for you to catch that egg this month! :)

:happydance: me too! I'm praying for J to catch that egg. Just relax and bd, the smep is basically what I did without knowing!

I have to wait 12 weeks to see baby, but I prefer it that way rather than not see much. Feeling pretty good still, boobs aren't sore or anything. How are you girls getting on?

X

I think we were virtually smep too last month, but without the extra banker bd after o! :dust: for you is month J!

I keep symptom spotting but not really sure if I'm just imaging it all! Ha ha! My boobs are definitely more tender than normal. I also look really bloated! I'm not sure how I'm going to get to 12 weeks without anyone guessing, when I think I look about 5 months already!! I get really bloated before af is due and it has just stayed. It probably hasn't helped that my plan was to diet this month after eating loads of junk and chocolate around Easter. But obviously can't diet now! Having said that probably didn't need half the yorkie bar that I just ate! A couple of times I've wondered if i've felt a bit nauseous, but actually I think I'm just imagining it! Not sure when morning sickness starts? I know with my lo I used to get nauseous in the evenings up until about 13 weeks, but can't remember when it started.

Work has been pretty hectic this week which has kept me busy. It's funny, cos we're being restructured at work and I spoke to my boss last week (before getting the bfp) about the possibility of increasing my hours and/or applying for a senior post. We had our preference forms through today and I thought about writing that and decided that I have no interest in extra hours or senior post now at all! I just want to get the next 8 months over with, with no extra stress! :coffee:

How are you both Sweetie and OP? Any symptoms at all?

:dust::dust::dust: for J!

I went back to the Dr. today - I've been getting almost 20 asthma attacks a day. Can't even sleep in increments longer than 30 min. each night. Before, when I've called the nurse said I couldn't use the inhaler, couldn't take Benedryl, etc. Even when I've looked online it's all conflicting and scary info! Finally went in today and the part-time Doc said I can and should use my inhaler. I just wish the nurse would have confirmed that on the phone a few days ago. Ah - the "business" of medicine...

Symptoms-wise, I've been VERY bloated and VERY gassy! And I have to pee like every 20-30 min.! DH said it could be because how much water I've been drinking and all the air I've been gulping from my asthma. So... symptoms of pregnancy or of the bronchitis is a bit hard to tell apart. My boobs were starting to feel more tender yesterday, and I SWEAR they look a bit fuller since a few days ago. Not bra cup size bigger or anything, but almost like spreading out towards the sides? :huh: lol

I drink A LOT of Iced Tea usually (it was my tradeoff when I quit drinking Coke years ago). The last two days I have been CRAVING caffeine since I haven't had any since I found out. I've even found myself craving espresso! I don't know how regular coffee-junkies do it when they find out they're preggers?

I'm so bloated and gassy too! Awful! Peeing loads and waking up to pee too. Boobs are sore when touched and feeling quite tender today. I get hungry every hour too! :haha:

I was dreaming of how to decorate the nursery last night. Though it's not anything particularly new, since I've been thinking up ideas ever since we bought the house a year and a half ago. But now I guess I feel like it's more of a reality, and I planned out the perfect nursery if we have a boy now. If we have a girl - oh boy! I might break the bank with all the cute ideas! But I already bought a zebra print rug (before we got preggers) that will be used regardless if it's a boy a girl. I was thinking how I have to rearrange all my stuff since the room is currently a "catch-all" for all my stuff that has nowhere else to go at the moment. I guess I'm definitely in a "nesting" mood!

How are all you ladies doing?

J - Hope you're feeling good this week! Are you doing EPO and Green Tea? How are your temps going?

Amanda & OP - Any morning sickness? I wonder when that starts?

Hope everyone's having a good week! DH is off to ski again this weekend, so I will be home alone. May be online a lot?

FFS so annoyed, just typed out a really long reply to you all and my stupid computer froze and lost it all :growlmad::growlmad::growlmad:

Agggghhhh! My memory is shocking at the moment, is that a preg symptom?!!? Now I have to try to remember what I said!

Um, symptoms still the same, sore and bigger boobs, eating more, very bloated and windy! :blush:

How are you feeling now Sweetie? Have your cough and asthma improved now you can use your inhaler? Hope you have a relaxing weekend with dh away. What are your nursery plans?

Any sickness for you yet OP? I was doing a bit of reading last night which said that the symptoms for this stage are sore boobs, nausea and fatigue. I actually went to bed at 8pm last night cos I was so tired!! :sleep: That's so unlike me!

Temps still looking low J. Looks like you're getting near o day! I'm sure you're going to catch that little egg this month!

Hope you all have a lovely weekend :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->