Zinc for Men and More?

Ps I wrote a lot more the first time! Just shows how much waffle there was first time round!! Lol!

Oh and also wrote about caffeine too. I'm on decaf tea now completely. I've had a couple of queries when I turned up to a friends for a cuppa and brought by own tea bag! I just said that ive realised that caffeine doesnt agree with me! Not sure if she bought it or not!!

Looks like I spoke too soon. I've felt really queasy all day today! It's weird, I was actually wanting to feel sick to make it feel more real, but now it's here I'm wishing it away again!

Awww Amanda.... well, have something with Ginger - that helps with nausea.

That's a really god idea about saying "caffeine is not agreeing with me". I can always say it keeps me up at night. I hadn't thought about that before.

The asthma and coughing are much better under control now with the inhaler, thanks! Everyone keeps asking me "did you take the cough syrup with Codine", "did you take Advair or Singulair"? Those are both correct and best treatment options, but on the no-no list of medicines. So I just have to tell them the Dr. is stingy with those prescriptions.

How are you doing J? Is it O time? Hope you have a great weekend ahead! ;)

How are you OP?

Oh! About the nursery... it's already painted yellow (since we moved in the house a year and half ago, and I just needed to paint it). Yellow seemed neutral...

I bought a zebra print rug, so if we have a boy, I will do a Safari/Adventurer kind of room.

If we have a girl, I might want to repaint the room to be more glam and romantic.

I was reading a post about "when you start buying things" the other day and one reply mentioned she started buying diapers whenever they were on sale and slowly stocking up during the whole pregnancy! I thought that was a genius idea since everyone complains about how expensive diapers are! I might start looking for diaper coupons! Just thought I'd share! :)

Okay, admission time. I've been lurking this thread for awhile now :dohh:
I started reading for the Zinc info in the begninning and I kinda got hooked on you guys. Heh.:haha:
So first off, Congrats to you 3 and your BFPs! (I got excited with you when I read your BFP posts.)

I just wanted to comment on Sweetie's post about diapers. My brother did this when he was expecting his first child. He bought 3-4 boxes when they were on sale up until the baby was born. I think his stock pile lasted him for quiet some time, but that was 6 years ago and I've slept A LOT since then :haha:
Plus, diaper coupons are plentiful. I use coupons when I do my regular grocery shopping and I swear I see at least 10 coupons for baby related items...or maybe I'm just noticing because I'm TTC, heh.

Baby dust to J1405!:dust:

Hi MrsSpurbeck, as you will already know I was a lurker on here too! I jusqt looked at your chart, do you just have to wait now for af to show? Do you have a really long cycle, or are you irregular? It looks like you have been ttc since about the same time we started too. Good luck!

Sweetie, I can tell you are so going to love getting the nursery ready! Do you plan to find out the sex at the scan? Good idea re buying nappies and things in stages, although I'm not going to buy anything until at least 12 weeks cos I'm too scared of jinxing it. I don't really like ginger! Hoping it was just a one day thing and goes away tomorrow! (wishful thinking?!). I was reading a website which says nausea usually starts about 6 weeks.

Ohmigosh...don't even get me started on my cycles. Anyway, yes I have VERY irregular cycles. I went on BC when I was 17 and was on it for 4ish years. My cycles were jacked up before then, going 3-4 months with no AF. While on BC I became very regulated. I could count down to the hour when AF would show. I got off BC (because I moved to a different state) early 2010, I had ONE period that whole year. But since I wasn't TTC I didn't bother with it. We started TTC in March 2011 and before going to the DR I had a very VERY light AF once. I went to the DR in September last year and found out I had VERY high testosterone levels (about 3 times higher than they should be) and so I took care of that. That worked for about 2 months. I had a period in September, very heavy and long (2 weeks) then exactly one month later I had another period, this one lasting 5-6 days with normal bleeding. That was the last AF I've had. Starting late January I've had heavy spotting every 2 weeks. (all BFN by the way).
I went to my first gyno in March and he gave me a script for Clomid and wait for AF. Well that's when my spotting stopped. That was over a month ago. FF gave me cross hairs on March 27 (the day before I went to the gyno) and I was hoping that this was my BFP coming to me. I get 15 days past supposed OV and nothing. No AF no BFP...but I never got my bloodwork results back. So after harassing the gyno for 2 straight weeks I got my results...normal. :shrug:
So I have an appt. with a NEW gyno on Tuesday...

That stinkin' Clomid is taunting me.

So to answer amanda...I have no idea what I'm waiting on :growlmad:

Okay, admission time. I've been lurking this thread for awhile now :dohh:
I started reading for the Zinc info in the begninning and I kinda got hooked on you guys. Heh.:haha:
So first off, Congrats to you 3 and your BFPs! (I got excited with you when I read your BFP posts.)

I just wanted to comment on Sweetie's post about diapers. My brother did this when he was expecting his first child. He bought 3-4 boxes when they were on sale up until the baby was born. I think his stock pile lasted him for quiet some time, but that was 6 years ago and I've slept A LOT since then :haha:
Plus, diaper coupons are plentiful. I use coupons when I do my regular grocery shopping and I swear I see at least 10 coupons for baby related items...or maybe I'm just noticing because I'm TTC, heh.

Baby dust to J1405!:dust:

Hi MrsSpurbeck! Nice to meet you! And yay for not being a lurker anymore:thumbup:! Yeah, if I'm going to be a mom, I'll have to be much better at using coupons. I'm really terrible at it - will even go into stores with the coupon or have it on the items and forget to use the coupons! Then I think do I go back just to get the $1.00 or $0.50 off, but think the gas will cost me more than that. But I really do need to learn to use coupons more.

My FIL is an extreme couponer though and we get a lot supplies when we go to his house so I have shelf system in the garage where I stockpile things *that was totally inspired from the Extreme Couponer show*.

Hi MrsSpurbeck, as you will already know I was a lurker on here too! I jusqt looked at your chart, do you just have to wait now for af to show? Do you have a really long cycle, or are you irregular? It looks like you have been ttc since about the same time we started too. Good luck!

Sweetie, I can tell you are so going to love getting the nursery ready! Do you plan to find out the sex at the scan? Good idea re buying nappies and things in stages, although I'm not going to buy anything until at least 12 weeks cos I'm too scared of jinxing it. I don't really like ginger! Hoping it was just a one day thing and goes away tomorrow! (wishful thinking?!). I was reading a website which says nausea usually starts about 6 weeks.

Oh yeah and :dust::dust::dust: and good luck this cycle MrsSpurbeck! :)

Amanda - I would have been okay to not find out the sex until he/she is born, but DH is totally deadset against that idea. I DO want to keep it a surprise and have a small "Gender Reveal" party at our home for some close friends and our families. Do you know about these Gender Reveal parties? The U/S tech or Dr. will write the gender on a piece of paper, seal it in an envelope. Then you can take it or have someone you trust take it to a baker to make a blue or pink filling inside your cake/cupcake/cookies OR have a friend get blue or pink balloons in a big box. Then you open the box or cut into the cake/eat cupcake ALL at the same time and find out what it will be! Can you tell I'm a little excited for that? :happydance: And DEF excited about decorating for a nursery! But you are smart and probably right about not buying anything (diapers included) until after the 12 week mark. And I don't want to have to explain about why I have diapers when we're not telling anyone yet. Have you told anyone yet?

P.S. The Ginger supplements I get are in a caplet form. Just take with water and you don't taste it.

Ohmigosh...don't even get me started on my cycles. Anyway, yes I have VERY irregular cycles. I went on BC when I was 17 and was on it for 4ish years. My cycles were jacked up before then, going 3-4 months with no AF. While on BC I became very regulated. I could count down to the hour when AF would show. I got off BC (because I moved to a different state) early 2010, I had ONE period that whole year. But since I wasn't TTC I didn't bother with it. We started TTC in March 2011 and before going to the DR I had a very VERY light AF once. I went to the DR in September last year and found out I had VERY high testosterone levels (about 3 times higher than they should be) and so I took care of that. That worked for about 2 months. I had a period in September, very heavy and long (2 weeks) then exactly one month later I had another period, this one lasting 5-6 days with normal bleeding. That was the last AF I've had. Starting late January I've had heavy spotting every 2 weeks. (all BFN by the way).
I went to my first gyno in March and he gave me a script for Clomid and wait for AF. Well that's when my spotting stopped. That was over a month ago. FF gave me cross hairs on March 27 (the day before I went to the gyno) and I was hoping that this was my BFP coming to me. I get 15 days past supposed OV and nothing. No AF no BFP...but I never got my bloodwork results back. So after harassing the gyno for 2 straight weeks I got my results...normal. :shrug:
So I have an appt. with a NEW gyno on Tuesday...

That stinkin' Clomid is taunting me.

So to answer amanda...I have no idea what I'm waiting on :growlmad:

Oh that sucks about the irregular cycles. :(
My gf had REALLY irregular cycles too. They TTC for a year because her cycles and periods were so irregular, she could never pinpoint her ovulation. She was finally going to start IUI and on the day they were going to do it, did some bloodwork and found out she was OV that day. Dr. sent her home to do it the natural way and she conceived! Have you looked into Clear Blue Fertility Monitor? I wonder if that helps with irregular cycles?

Also - I totally understand about irregular cycles. In HS I would get my period for like 2 1/2 weeks, spot for 1-2 weeks, and get period again. I literally had to wear a pad or pantiliner every single day for over a year. It finally got better to where I was just having like 2 week periods. I didn't want to go on the pill then because it would have stunted my growth.
I started BC when I was 20 and was on it the entire time except for a few months before my wedding when I was trying to lose weight, until I was 32. The last half a year before I went off BC, I thought I didn't even get my period for 4 months straight. Dr. checked me out and said I'd been on BC so long, I just had such a light period it was like spotting that never even made it down to be visible! I think that's why my cycles were still never a consistent # of days each month.

Sorry I wrote a whole book!

Hi ladies!!!

Going well with me.. Gearing up for o!! Started opk's and bd'ing so I'm thinkin I'll o anytime from tuesday.. Then its lotsa bd'ing!!

My oh told me the same thing abt the diapers yesterday.. Haha! He also said once I get preggers we should buy a box or 2 each month.. And it makes sense, I mean 9 months from now it will be more expensive!! So no harm in stocking up!

Glad u ladies aren't having major setbacks with the symptoms yet! Anyone have strong cramping still? I heard somewhere that when u get preggers u are more forgetfull (the preggy brain) lol bcoz less oxygen travels to ur brain and more towards the baby.. Somethin like that!!

We'll my temps are still on the low side, but lookin good! And I'm taking my multivits, green tea and fertile cm!

Will see how this month goes! And thanks ALLOT for all the support!! U ladies are the best xx

And sweetie, ur nursery idea sover is great! Holding thumbs its a boy! ;)

Hi ladies!!!

Going well with me.. Gearing up for o!! Started opk's and bd'ing so I'm thinkin I'll o anytime from tuesday.. Then its lotsa bd'ing!!

My oh told me the same thing abt the diapers yesterday.. Haha! He also said once I get preggers we should buy a box or 2 each month.. And it makes sense, I mean 9 months from now it will be more expensive!! So no harm in stocking up!

Glad u ladies aren't having major setbacks with the symptoms yet! Anyone have strong cramping still? I heard somewhere that when u get preggers u are more forgetfull (the preggy brain) lol bcoz less oxygen travels to ur brain and more towards the baby.. Somethin like that!!

We'll my temps are still on the low side, but lookin good! And I'm taking my multivits, green tea and fertile cm!

Will see how this month goes! And thanks ALLOT for all the support!! U ladies are the best xx

And sweetie, ur nursery idea sover is great! Holding thumbs its a boy! ;)

:dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust:
A week's worth of baby dust for you J! :) Better get to stretching and shag with a purpose! ;) Do you stay in bed after BD? I always tried to stay in bed, with my hips propped up by a pillow underneath, for at least 30 min.
I've read 15 min. is good enough for the :spermy: to get to where they need to be, but I was so intent on staying in as long as possible. Sometimes I would keep my legs straight up in the air or propped up against the top of the headboard. Crazy things that "might" have worked, but I was willing to do just about anything to get knocked up! ;) Good luck!!!!

P.S. My previous thing about "Gender Reveal Party"... I just read a whole long thread on The Bump about them, with almost everyone screaming how TACKY TACKY TACKY they are, and that NO ONE cares about what gender baby you have. So I guess I will reconsider since it seems to be such a frowned-upon thing. And I had to learn what things like AW and FFS means. Not very nice things at all. So glad you ladies here at BnB are so much nicer! :)

Aw sweetie, don't worry about what other people think. Tbh I've never heard of a gender reveal party, but you said it would only be for close friends and family anyway, so if you like the idea then go for it. I've never heard of AW either so had to look it up. That's awful, I can't believe people would write that. Having a baby is such a special thing and finding out the gender, either beforehand, or on the day is such a special time too. If you want to share that moment with your friends/family, then just ignore what others say about it :hugs:

We've told both sets of parents now, and also another couple who have been ttc at the same time. We're going on hol with them at 8weeks so they'd need to know by then anyway, when I insist they carry my suitcase for me! Ha ha! Have you told anyone?

J, have a fun week! :winkwink: And as sweetie said too, get that bum in the air afterwards!!! Glad you said that pg affects memory cos I keep forgetting all sorts of things at the moment!

MrsS, sounds like you've had a right old time of it. Good luck at your appt on
Tuesday, hope they can sort something out for you!

I try to bd at night mostly for the reason that I don't have to get up at all, and I put a pillow under my butt as well!! So doin that again for sure!

Sweetie, I agree, I think a gender reveal party is great! Its special and its just for close friends and since u guys like parties, I'm sure ur friends will love it!!!

Going to do lots of SWI ;)

We haven't told anyone we know yet. But I'm like itching to tell people so I've told the dress shop girls (while shopping for the bridesmaid dress) and yesterday a preggers lady and her mom that were sitting next to me at lunch (I was by myself). So I think I'm starting just to tell strangers for sheer need to let it out!:haha:

J - Glad to hear I'm not the only one who tried the pillow thing! Wishing you lots of :sex: and :dust: this week! ;)

check it out ladies..... yay!! let the :sex::sex::sex: begin!!!!

Attachments

• dsc04660.jpg
    dsc04660.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 3
check it out ladies..... yay!! let the :sex::sex::sex: begin!!!!

Woohoo!! Awesome hun :happydance: did you bd yesterday? Make sure you do it for the next couple of nights until your temps go up.

Did you buy a bbt thermometer?

Got everything crossed for a January baby for you :flower:

we bd'd yesterday morning! so will bd tonight and for the next 3 days!! i'm soooo tempted to bd twice tomorrow... probably shouldn't right??

just like you op i got a smiley on cd 12!!! :happydance:

but zero cm :( :( i'm as dry as a bone!! and i'm taking my cough syrup as well... wil do preseed again i gues...

Just bd when you feel like it, dont push for more. I'd say do it today and tomorrow have a break then carry on every other day!

I didn't have much cm around ovulation either, just made sure we did lots of foreplay! I didn't use preseed the month i caught the egg x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->