Zinc for Men and More?

Hi ladies, sorry I haven't been around for a bit. Dh has been away on a course all week so I've been looking after lo on my own and I've been knackered! In the evenings by the time I've got everything done I've ended up just sitting and veging in front of the tv! And my m/s has well and truly kicked in now, I feel awful all day long! It's so much worse this time than with ds, which makes me think I must be a girl or twins?!!

J, that dip looks exciting! My fxed for you that it goes up again tomorrow! I'll be sure to check back to see!

Sweetie, glad you're doing ok now. Do you know why you've been advised to wait a cycle? Is it just so they can pinpoint the first day of your period? Or is it more medical reasons? If there's no medical reason then I don't see why you should avoid bd around o, especially if you've got a higher chance of getting that bfp!

MrsS, sorry may be dumb here but what's PCOS? So so annoying the first doctor got it wrong :-(. I take it you're not now going on clomid? What's metformin? Whatever it is, I hope it sorts your cycle out so that you definitely o! Fxed!

OP, how are you doing? Have you had your meal yet where you were going to tell your sister and family? Hope you're coping ok at work and people aren't ordering too many fry ups!

PCOS stands for Poly Cystic Ovary Syndrome.
https://www.womenshealth.gov/publications/our-publications/fact-sheet/polycystic-ovary-syndrome.cfm
There's a little info on it.
My mom was just diagnosed with it at the beginning of the year. But she had a hysterectomy in Feb. They caught hers in time because the cyst on her ovary was about to rupture. Her doctor told her that you are NOT supposed to feel ovulation. And my mom ALWAYS felt when she ovulated. Although she had regular periods, I don't and have had no significant pain. But I don't know if I'm ovulating at all.

My gyno wants me to just take the metformin right now. If I have a successful period then she said she'll probably have me take the Clomid as well. If I don't have a period, she will put me back on Progesterone to induce AF and go from there.
I believe the metformin is going to regulate all my hormones. My mom has type 2 diabetes and takes metformin to control her diabetes. so it may also help with my insulin levels as well.
The off-label use for metformin is to regulate cycles. The FDA approved use for metformin is to regualte insulin levels. I've become slightly insulin resistant, meaning my body is producing way more than it needs to to keep my blood sugars where they need to be.
https://www.ovarian-cysts-pcos.com/glucophage-metformin-pcos.html
The video sums it up nicely.

The bright side to catching this is that I'm young enough that if I start eating healthier and exercising regularly then I can reverse my pre-diabetes.

I'm really glad I went for a second opinion.

:cry:

Amanda - Twins or a girl? Both sound exciting! Although I'm sure the M/S is not fun at all.

J - Oooh! Excited and FXd for you! Idk how to read all that stuff, but these ladies seem to know what's up and it sounds promising! Wishing real hard for you! :)

MrsS - Sorry to hear about the PCOS but it sounds good that they diagnosed it while you're young? Recently, I asked a mom in the restroom about her baby and how long did it take her to get her BFP. Nosy, I know, but it's all-consuming when you're TTC right? She was really open and said she was TTC (I forget how long) but then got diagnosed with PCOS. Then she took some medicine and got pregnant in 2 or 3 months after that. So she really was glad she got the medication. hth?

OP - Hope you're well and work is not too hard on you. Did you tell ur sis yet? :)

AFM - As for why they suggest waiting for a cycle, IDK. She didn't really elaborate or say any reason as to why to wait or anything. I guess it's just so you could have AF show up and be normal again? But I am not really going to wait a cycle. I mean, I've read SOOO many success stories now about getting pregnant from 2 weeks to 2 months after M/C so I don't see why it's necessary to wait either.

I went and got my blood drawn again today for the HcG. I'm pretty sure it's down to normal. It has to get below 5 before we can TTC again I've read.

Wow J!! Just seen your chart, looks perfect with that jump up in temp! Very exciting! :happydance::happydance:

Amanda, sorry you've been alone and exhausted, I can't imagine looking after a toddler during this! Well done.

Sweetie - I've heard women being told to wait 3 months after mc to try again just so everything is cleared out in time for a new pregnancy. But I've also seen many go on to have successful preg right after. Hope the bloods come back so you can ttc again :thumbup:

AFM - nausea isn't as bad, only get it if I don't eat now or I'm v tired so I try to nap more and eat often :thumbup: still no mw appt but knave my scan on Friday! :happydance:

Wow, j that temp rise is exciting! Not long to wait to find out now.

MrsS, hopefully you're right, you're young enough to have caught it and will get it regulated

OP, can't believe your scan is on Friday! So exciting! Looking forward to seeing your pics!!

Good luck Sweetie, sounds like the next couple of months may be busy for you :winkwink:

It's our 5 year wedding anniversary today so lo is having a night with his grandparents! We're going to the grand designs show in London, then on to dinner somewhere. Looking forward to a lay in in the morning!

Hi ladies! Yes temp rose nicely :D hoping its a good sign! I'm also having some cramping which is weird pre-af. Never get this until af is abou to show!

Fingers crossed!!

So exciting! :happydance: I had a drop at 8dpo and tested positive 11dpo so it does take a while for it to get to your blood so no early testing missy! Also my IC didn't show my positive, my frer did. I really hope this is your bfp!

yes, if my temp is up again tomorrow (or at least the same) i might test with a frer tomorrow evening, and if its a bfn i will test the next morning - that would be the day before af usually shows.

wel you had a dip at 11dpo so guess it can pretty much go both ways. :) i'm not as excited yet because i dont want to get my hopes up.. boobs not as sore today, only slightly on the sides, but i am extremely tired. slept 3 hours this afternoon. in all this i'm keeping in mind that the progesterone cream may also play a roll

Yes it's weird, my temps went down a little but I tested anyway! Good luck hun x

FUUUCKKKKK!!!!! :happydance: :bfp:

:dance: :yipee: :headspin: :wohoo::loopy:

My temp was right up this morning so i did a frer with 1st morning urine.. and a line showed up immediately! @ 11dpo!!!!! i'm in shock!! oh is away for business until tonight so had to tell SOMEBODY!!!!

omg ladies check this out!!!

Attachments

• pic 1.jpg
    pic 1.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 5

My temp was right up this morning so i did a frer with 1st morning urine.. and a line showed up immediately! @ 11dpo!!!!! i'm in shock!! oh is away for business until tonight so had to tell SOMEBODY!!!!

:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

YAY!!! Congratulations darling!! I knew it when I saw that dip!! How do you feel? Surreal isn't it seeing the line come up? Excellent line too!

:kiss::cloud9: so happy for you!! When is oh back? Don't tell, him over the phone! Xxx

yes its soooo surreal!!! still now, its not sinking in yet!! i'm feeling great actually, just a killer of a headache still but its ok.

i'm so shocked, i really did not think we did it this month! and here i am.. PREGNANT!!!

its the greatest feeling!! i'm just wondering now, i guess i should continue with the progesterone cream right? just thinking, stopping it now might make my progesterone levels drop and i DONT want that now!!

yes its soooo surreal!!! still now, its not sinking in yet!! i'm feeling great actually, just a killer of a headache still but its ok.

i'm so shocked, i really did not think we did it this month! and here i am.. PREGNANT!!!

its the greatest feeling!! i'm just wondering now, i guess i should continue with the progesterone cream right? just thinking, stopping it now might make my progesterone levels drop and i DONT want that now!!

Carry on but I would call your dr tomorrow and ask hun, congrats again! :happydance: I knew it because you didn't have symptoms and your dip. Sooo happy for you! Xx

thanks so much!! yes i will make an app with dr tomorrow to prescribe pre-natal vits and to ask about the progesterone!

hoping its a super sticky bean! but that line was nice and dark so early.. so i'm confident it will be!!

thanks so much!! yes i will make an app with dr tomorrow to prescribe pre-natal vits and to ask about the progesterone!

hoping its a super sticky bean! but that line was nice and dark so early.. so i'm confident it will be!!

I thought that too, very good line for 11dpo :happydance::thumbup:

YAYAYAYAYYAYAYYA!!!!:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

SOOO Happy for you J! CONGRATS!!! I KNEW this would be YOUR month! :winkwink:

Amanda - Happy 5 year anniversary!!!

AFM - So tired from this weekend with Mother's Day celebrations both days, Graduation dinner party, and going out dancing w/friends. I also have a class for the next two days so very very exhausted at the moment. Just glad I popped onto BnB to read J's great news!

Wow J congratulations!! I'm so so happy for you! Woohoo!!

I couldn't believe it, I hadn't had any notifications from bnb so I assumed no one had posted recently. Then just now I was looking through all the open tabs on my computer and I have your o chart just already open. I had a look to see how your temps are doing and saw your green line!!! So exciting!!

Have you worked out what your due date will be?

hi amanda and sweetie!! thanks so much!! i'm over the moon!!

my due date is around 24 January 2013!! i had bloods done yesterday and my hcg was only 163 :haha:

still a faaaarrrr way to go!! :) but i could not be more happy and feel more blessed!! :happydance: i think though that i did ovulate around cd 12 because i got a really strong line on cd11... :shrug: wel, will be going for an appointment at the obgyn in about 4 - 5 weeks, then i will know for sure!!

i'm really on :cloud9: we are telling oh's parents tonight!! nervous! lol!

i will only tell mine once i've gone for the scan at 8 weeks and i get a pic to give them. my parents will become grandparents for the 4th time!!! and oh's parents for the 1st, so its kinda a special thing for them which is why we want to tell them first!!

how are you guys doing?

hi amanda and sweetie!! thanks so much!! i'm over the moon!!

my due date is around 24 January 2013!! i had bloods done yesterday and my hcg was only 163 :haha:

still a faaaarrrr way to go!! :) but i could not be more happy and feel more blessed!! :happydance: i think though that i did ovulate around cd 12 because i got a really strong line on cd11... :shrug: wel, will be going for an appointment at the obgyn in about 4 - 5 weeks, then i will know for sure!!

i'm really on :cloud9: we are telling oh's parents tonight!! nervous! lol!

i will only tell mine once i've gone for the scan at 8 weeks and i get a pic to give them. my parents will become grandparents for the 4th time!!! and oh's parents for the 1st, so its kinda a special thing for them which is why we want to tell them first!!

how are you guys doing?

How lovely, they're going to be over the moon! You're exactly a month behind me which is awesome!

How did your oh react?

afm - nausea is better, still there but not all day, still have many aversions to foods I usually love though.

I heard the heartbeat today!!! :happydance: bought a Doppler and it took a while but found it! Very fast and clear :cloud9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->