• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Zinc for Men and More?

Wow Sweetie, 12 weeks :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: Yay! So pleased for you! Good luck with your scan and your doctor's appointment.

Glad everything is ok OP and he started moving again! How are you feeling at the mo?

J, glad spring is nearly with you! Although that means that we're heading towards autumn here. Will your baby be a summer baby then?

AFM, i've been feeling really tired the last week. The prob is I've still been going to bed at normal time and actually I've realised I just need to go to bed earlier now. My vbac appt went well. The MW said that I'm considered a second labour cos I got all the way first time, and despite lo getting stuck, I had still done all the work! She's advised I stick to a diabetic diet now to try to stop myself getting GD again. So no more biscuits for me! :cry: Or pizza or pasta for that matter!

Anyway, hope you all have a lovely weekend!

congrats on the 12 week mark sweetie!!!! :)

i will have a summer baby yes, which i am actually grateful for! this way i can wear dressess all the time and do not have to struggle with coats and layers of clothes!!

nearly half way for me, cannot believe it!! time flies!

hope you ladies are doing well and that everyone has a good week. i'm really stressed about work etc and all i want to do is cry! all this stress is not good for me! wish i could relax more.. but lets hope it gets better as the week progresses!

enjoy ladies xx

Thanks ladies for all the support! I'm so happy to be at the 12 week mark, but truly excited and anticipating my u/s on Wednesday. After we get the thumbs up from that we will be happy to finally share the news with everyone!

Amanda - good that u are recognizing u need more sleep. I always read to sleep as much as you can before the baby comes.

J - ahh that sucks about work stress. Maybe ur guy can help give u some massages. Hope u can get some r&r in.

AFM - I'm getting more of an appetite and feel like some of the food aversions are slowly going away. Still cant sleep well at all and get tired during the day, but overall feeling a bit better.

Hope everyone has a nice Monday!

Ah J, hope work gets better for you this week:hugs:

The baby is really resting on my bladder now. I feel like I'm desperate but then there's hardly any when I get there!!! Last night I went to rub my bio oil in before bed and I had a big hard lump sticking out one side of my tummy!!! I gave it a rub and the baby moved out of the way!!!!

LOL Amanda! He's running out of space in there! :)

AFM - I went to my exam today to meet the OB and get a pap smear, etc. The Dr. is SUPER sweet! I just love her already! She really took her time to talk to me and explain things. Also, she tried to find the baby's heartbeat on the Doppler but she couldn't find it. Imagine how nervous I was, but she was cool as a cucumber. Sent me with a nurse to get an ultrasound and she found the heartbeat right away! AND...OMG...I got to see the baby! It looked like a real baby shape! I mean, last time we had an u/s was at 7 weeks and it looked like a bean. Today, he/she was moving around A LOT! And had a real, identifiable baby shape! *tears* It was just about 15-20 seconds, so the nurse could find the HB, but it was amazing for me. I feel like a floodgate of emotions and all the excitement I've been trying to contain finally poured out as I was driving home. Tomorrow we do the real u/s where the measure the neck, do all the baby measurements, get pictures, and MAYBE find out the gender!!!
Tonight I tell a few of my girlfriends that I'm preggers. :D I just over-the-moon right now ladies. Seriously, beaming!

How amazing sweetie! So happy for you :) it's amazing how much they change, I had an u/s at 8 weeks then 12 and the change is incredible!

Afm I'm getting busy cleaning and packing for my holiday on Friday!! Can't wait to get some real sun! It's been cloudy and raining nearly every day here :( got to deep clean the house today, go shopping for toiletries, do a wash and pack, plus I've got yoga tomorrow evening. Im trying to get up off the sofa right now but it's so comfy! X

awww amandag thats so sweet how your baby reacts to your touch! :)

i just love how the whole pregnancy experience is and sweetie even more so with you!! it is unbelievable how much your little human changes over a few weeks and when you see that little bean that looks like an actual baby for the fist time! its amazing! i really hope you enjoyed your ultrasound and got some quality time looking at your tiny baby. post a pic as soon as you can!!

would love to see him/her!! enjoy your holiday op! so jealous! wish i can spend some time in the sun too!!

I can't wait, J! I really need this break as work has been so crazy busy I'm exhausted! However as soon as I get back there is so much to do :( I've got to start flat hunting and move by October 12th, and at the same time I've got to find someone to cover my maternity and train them up.

Sorry works been so stressful for you too :(

Thanks Ladies!

Awww OP - what a perfect time for a Babymoon holiday!

Well, our appt. went well today for the most part! DH had to drive a separate car for work and got lost so he missed half the appt.

Neck measurement was good. The tech said she knew I would be a tough case from my appt. yesterday because my uterus was really deep or low. She couldn't get the measurement from the neck from the belly, so she went in transvaginally. The images and clarity were really good, got to see the spine, all the back bones, the brain, etc. But baby was sleeping in not a good position so she had me turn on my side and wait a few minutes. Luckily by then DH arrived and the tech tried the u/s over the belly again. She finally got the measurements she needed, but I think the clarity of the pics weren't as good as the day before or transvaginally.

Nevertheless, she told us she was quite positive of the baby's gender already! Baby looks to be... A GIRL!!! :happydance:
She showed us the 2 lines which seem to match what a lot of what I've read online show as a girl too. Their machine is REALLY good I guess! :) I get to get it reconfirmed at my next Dr. appt. in 4 weeks.
I was worried DH would be disappointed, but he said he always knew he would only have daughters. And he already sent the scans and introduced her by our chosen name to loads of friends and our families by email today. So I guess he is pretty excited too! Finally being more open about being excited too. :)

Attachments

• 8-23-12_(nub).jpg
    8-23-12_(nub).jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 1
having issues with the attachments... trying for these two (one with her sucking her thumb)

Attachments

• 8-23-12 (thumb).jpg
    8-23-12 (thumb).jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 5
congrats sweetie on your baby girl!! its still early though and she might still be a he :)

doc will have a better chance at seeing accurately at the next app!!

wel, thats 2 blue ones, one pink one (for now) and one yellow :) exciting ladies!

Thanks ladies! We got a DVD for part of our scan yesterday and watched it on our big TV at home last night. Actually DH played it twice and was having fun with the slow motion and pause to check out all her little limbs and movements. He reads a lot of medical records regularly for work so he could tell what was what a lot better than me. Actually had to point things out to me and then I would be "OH! I see it!" hahah
It was really sweet to see him get all into it and kept saying how amazing and cute things are. :)

Can't wait to find out FOR SURE in 4 weeks and to see what TEAM YELLOW will show up as!

Have y'all decided on names yet? DH already announced ours to everyone!
For a girl, her name would be Kaitlyn Irene. Irene is DH's mom's name.

We still haven't come up with a definite name, I had loads of girls names picked but boys names are hard! :) I think we'll wait to meet him and name him after, see what suits him.

Your oh sounds so sweet! :) I love your name especially Irene x

thats so sweet!! i think your names for a girl are just beautifull sweetie! :)

wel, i'm nearly in the 20's!!! yay!! halfway there!! i must say i'm still feeling great aside from getting quite tired this last week or so, almost like in the first trimester, which is odd because i'm supposed to have more energy now. might be a slight iron deficiency so will doc have that checked out at our 20week app this friday!!

cant wait to see my babay Ethan again!!! he's moving allot more now, and oddly especially during the night.. keeping the kicks light but i can still feel them when i sleep.

i must say this pregnancy experience is truly amazing!

Wow Sweetie, love the scan pics and the names too! We still haven't chosen names yet.

Half way J! Isn't it crazy how quickly time is passing! Ive also felt more tired over the last few weeks.

How are you op? Congrats on 24 weeks! Isnt it amazing that our babies are considered viable now?! Though let's hope they choose to stay in at least another 13 weeks!!

I've got my next gtt on thurs so fingers crossed.

Congrats OP and Amanda on passing your V-days! I just learned what that means yesterday. :)

Amanda - what is your gtt?

J - Congrats on making the halfway mark! Wow time is really flying by now! I hope your Dr. figures out if you do have an iron deficiency or not. I'm planning on asking about that too because I've been soo sluggish and tired and read about the iron/anemia thing. Suspect I'm low on it too b/c I haven't been eating meat and forgetting my vitamins more than I care to admit.

Busy cleaning and getting the house ready for all our house-guests this week for my sister's wedding. Still have to get my shoes and write the speech too. :p

Sorry Sweetie, GTT is glucose tolerance test, it's the fasting blood sugar test I have to have every 4 weeks cos of my previous gestational diabetes. I tested myself after the 2 hours today and think my score was ok (I need to ask the gp what the actual limit is to get a 'normal' result). So fxed I've managed to get through another one! It's a pain having to restrict my diet but will be worth it if I manage to stay out of the GD clinic!

Hope your sister's wedding goes well!

Hey girls! Just back from holiday! :) was sooo hot and so I was very tired, luckily we had a beach round the corner and lazed about for most of it!

Hope you're all well! Can't believe I'm 6 months! Be in 3rd tri in 2 weeks eek!

X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"