ZUMBA while TTC...

KayD1025

Mother of 1 And Pregnant
Reaction score
... Is it ok or no??

I have been TTC for 7 months now, haven't really worked out during these 7 months, but the past few weeks I really wanted to get back into aerobics. I am thinking about ordering ZUMBA, but what im really afraid of is that doing it will mess up my cycle for some reason. Could that be true? And more importantly, if I was to get pregnant this month, would doing ZUMBA
(maybe 1-3 times a week, and lightly) be dangerous to the babys health??

Any advice would help, thanks ladies :flower:

Good luck, God bless, and baby dust to us all :dust:

It's more than ok! It's even recommended to work out. Exercises improve fertility. I was very sedentary went I first started TTC (it took me a year). I changed my diet, started exercising (lifting weights, running, and a bunch of high intensity cardio DVDs), lost 30 lbs and it definitely helped. It allowed me to still work out during my entire pregnancy and still be fit with no back pain, swelling and other discomforts that everyone seems to have. Definitely go for it, girl!!!

Thank you so much! I was just afraid that starting to exercise out of no where would some how mess up my cycle, but knowing that makes me feel so much better! I just ordered it :) So now I cant wait for it to get here!

Thank you, And Congrats on your pregnancy! Good luck & God bless :hugs:

i was wondering this myself. my friend has been nagging me to go to a class with her at her gym they charge $5 for non members but i thought it might be too high impact to just start doing out of nowhere. i have the wii zumba that you can put on an easy setting so i was thinking about doing that just havent gotten around to it LOL

i was wondering this myself. my friend has been nagging me to go to a class with her at her gym they charge $5 for non members but i thought it might be too high impact to just start doing out of nowhere. i have the wii zumba that you can put on an easy setting so i was thinking about doing that just havent gotten around to it LOL

Yeah that's exactly what im going to do. I just ordered the whole set today, so it probally wont even be here until a week or so, and most likely ill ovulate before then. But I still want to start when I get them, and im just going to use the easy cd, because like the wii one this set has 2 cds out of 7 that are "easy setting" Lol I didn't want to just start jumping and kicking around all crazy right away, so easy itll be. :haha: :thumbup:

:dust:

Yes, start with the easy settings and go from there. No need to start crazy high intensity! When you get your BFP, you can also adjust your level of intensity. Listen to your body, stay hydrated (drink a lot of water because it's really easy to become dehydrated when pregnant) and don't do crunches-like moves and really fast core turn moves (I hope you understand what I mean, I have a hard time describing it!).

You will get your BFP and you'll be healthy and fit!!!
thanks for the nice words KayD1025 and good luck to you too!

I go to classes - instructor said it was ok just to tone down the high intensity bits

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->