£5 for ONE picture!

Kerrie-x

Reaction score
Just realized on my appointment letter its £5 for ONE scan picture which i think is a frigging joke! Hubby can't come either so looks like they'l be getting money off me!! :growlmad:

Hey chick thats ridiculous! I told them yesterday at the hospital I'd never received my letter..the sonographer just printed me some out for free. Worth a try!? x

Hmmm good idea lol... aren't you supposed to take your letter to the appointment? Then again i did ring up to see when my appointment was as im impatient lol xx

thats with the nhs!? thats a rip off, i know our hospital charge 2 pound a pic but i have about 25 scan photos and havnt payed for a single one!

i paid up the second time but didnt the first! I just got 1 which i am still to scan copys of for family. I wasnt too fussed becuse we had some good pics from the private gender scan anyway. Its is crazy money though!

I had to pay £5 a picture aswell but normally if you pay for one they give you a couple for free :)

I wouldnt be bothered about pics but hubby cant come so i want him to see how shes grown etc. In manchester, they was free, and preston charged either £2.50 or £3 but they had a machine where u had to pay for pics before the scan! (oh i've been to three hospitals btw lol)

Im now at St james, leeds, supposed to be one of the best hospitals, and MOST expensive! And yes its with the NHS xx

Nah, I didn't take any letter..just turned up and said I'd never had one, and that I'd had to chase the appointment. Truth is, OH left the letter at home. They were fine, as though it happens a lot..easy to blame it on the post these days. x

We get charged for pics but they do state that the proceeds goes to the special care baby unit. So I'm quite happy to pay. :)

Wow, I didn't know any place charged for scan pics.....I've always got them for free. Plus I'm shocked they wouldn't allow your husband to come in and see.

Wow, I didn't know any place charged for scan pics.....I've always got them for free. Plus I'm shocked they wouldn't allow your husband to come in and see.

Sorry didnt explain properly, hubby can come with me but he cant get it off work xx

Well i dont know about anyone else but i think £2 is a reasonable price to charge, not £5!

I took my letter to my 12 week appointment, but I never needed to show it. Hospitals make a mint out of scan photos, but you don't really have a choice. We made a big song and dance about my husband missing half the scan because of the roadworks they were doing in the hospital car park, that they didn't bother to mention on the letter. It's amazing what you can cream when you put your mind to it :hissy:

Good luck at your scan!

LOL well i'l just ask for three pictures and see how much they charge me, i think they'd feel daft saying '£15 please' for 3 pictures! Id go mad... il just say i expect them in a photoframe for that much!

Our hospital asks for a donation for pics. I got 4 at my 12 week scan and put £2 in the box on the wall, but all donations go to the special care unit. They weren't the best pics though :-(

we get the first one free and have to pay 3.50 per pic after that but i think it is a joke that they charge you from the off for a scan photo

I didn't get charged at all, not even a mention of it. I wouldn't mind paying it as the proceeds would surely go to some good cause whether it be special babies or even just the maternity ward.
But then Aberdeen won't tell you the sex of the baby either.

I paid £5 and got 3 pictures.

The hospitals are such a rip off - they KNOW we will pay up eventually which is why they do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->