£5 for ONE picture!

at my 12 week scan, we didnt get told anything about having to pay for them, and they gave us 2 for free. Then at my 20 week scan, we saw a notice on the wall asking for a £5 donation, so oh ran to the cash point to get some money out, but it was broke :dohh: so in the room we just asked if we could have any pics and they just printed em and gave them to us. Didnt even mention the donation. We did feel a bit bad but if the cash machine was broke then what can you do! I think its an absolute rip off anyways x

jesus!! i got handed 12 different photos at my last scan, payment was never mentioned!

Jeez! Thats a lot! They charge that much because they know that moms will pay it!
Mine was £2 for one!

We had to pay £5 per pic at our 20 week scan.
Not only that but in my letter they said they would only take the exact amount and wouldn't give out change.
To think that I've been working since I was 16, and my partner has been working since he was 16, and neither of us have been in hospital since we were babies - I don't see how they can justify charging us for a bloody photo.

Yesterday I had to buy a token for £5 and I got 4 pictures for that. Perhaps its the same thing at your hospital?

i thought after reading this thread id better phone an check if they had changed the rules since it was over 3 years ago i had a 20 wk scan it used to be 1st free then 3.50 but they just informed me that your 12 week scan ones are free and your 20 week scan ones are 3.50 each pic regardless you dont get any free anymore they better be good ones for you at a 5.00 each or say you want a rescan for a decent picture

We paid £6 per scan pic, but we didn't mind - well worth the money... we were just so happy to see the little one and know everything was fine :happydance:

With my DD we asked for 6 and only got charged for 4. This time we asked for 7 pics (1st one free & £2.50 after that) paid £15, left then realised we only had 6! Gutted!! Defo prefer it the other way round! lol x

at my 12 week scan, the sonographer gave us pictures (as i've never been 12 weeks pregnant before i had no idea what to expect!) and told us to go pay £10 for them! i thought she was joking at first and kind of laughed then i relaised she was being serious!! my OH just folded them up and put them in his pocket so the reception didnt no we had them so we didnt pay! but £10 is a lot and the letter didnt even worn us so i woulndt have even had any change with me!! its a rip off! xx

We paid for 3 photos that was the maximum! But the sonogrpah gave us about 10!!!
xx

Thats how much i had to pay for NHS scan pics! rip off really seeing as the pics arnt that great, but i still paid for them x

Our hospital charges $10, but you get as many pictures as they want to print off for you.
The first time we went, we got 6.
The second time we only got 1, but didn't have to pay for it cause it was crappy cause their printer was acting up.
The third time our tech was late, and she gave us 11 pictures, and we didn't have to pay for them. She said it was because she made us wait.

It said in my letter for my 12 week scan, it was £6 for 2. We got given about 5/6 by the sonographer, and then just calmly walked out of the department. No-one said anything.

I paid for a few of my scan pics when i was preggers. I didnt mind as the money gets put back in special care baby unit, to buy blankets and hats etc i really wanted to hand my purse over lol when i heard that. I reckon most hosptials put the scan pic money into their baby units so its not that bad, its not as if the sonographers are raking in the profits lol x

Wow, £5! thats expensive. Mine have always been £2.50.

Wow. I paid £4 and had 3 pic's!

I asked if my 12 year old could come to my anomoly scan but got a resounding NO.......might take my camera and video the scan ??!!! Mind you don't know how well that would go down!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnneMariena
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->