°° General Christmas chat thread °°

Urgh I hate winter, the dark , cold miserable nights lol . Another thing that drives me crazy is the clocks going back! Messes up my whole body clock for about a week haha . I absolutely love all the events like DD2s birthday , Xmas etc but god does the winter seem to last ages !

I look forward to Xmas day when FIL says “from today it starts getting lighter in the evenings” .

But now Halloween is over it’s full Xmas mode ! Look forward to the shops getting more decorations and gifts in !

We leave our decs up until the weekend before the kids go back to school ! I do take little bits and bobs down!

Elf ice cream sounds fab but we can’t have ice cream now as oldest is lactose intolerant bless him!
I love Pinterest for Christmas treat ideas.
Have you tried the swedish glace dairy free icecream? We all love the vanilla but it comes in a couple of flavours, you could mix them together and add all of the elf bits. You can buy it in most supermarkets these days - I get mine from asda or sainsbury's.

Have you tried the swedish glace dairy free icecream? We all love the vanilla but it comes in a couple of flavours, you could mix them together and add all of the elf bits. You can buy it in most supermarkets these days - I get mine from asda or sainsbury's.

We have had that one before yeah and Ben and Jerry’s and halo also do dairy free ones so he still does have a treat now and then but they are expensive. I usually stock up if I see them on offer in the likes of herons freezer shop.
I’ll have to check what’s in the elf one see if I can recreate it.

Of course because I planned of doing stash pics this morning ds3 is up before ds4 has left

I agree DD is born is Feb and its always either snowy or just damn miserable and dark by the time they finish school and we have plans or a meal out for her birthday! My DS birthday is fine and always so much to do, hes in June and it's usually gorgeous weather! Theres so much more to do in the summer!

my birthday is June and it's so much better :)
Saying that, it snowed on my DD birthday in February last year and it made her day :haha:

I can imagine! I always wish I was a summer baby! It's always pouring it down on my birthday, I'm in October so it's always miserable! So that will be three of us in winter now, my OH is May and hes usually lucky with his birthday it's when the weather really starts to break :haha:

I absolutely love this time of year. I love the clocks going back and the dark cosy evenings, I don't even mind the cold.

I do hate January and February though as we have nothing planned and the girl birthdays are September. I really do get the Christmas blues.

I'm not keen on summer, mainly because I feel everywhere is sooooo busy and I hate my neighbours so even feel my garden is a no go zone some days. Hopefully we get to move in next couple of years so I can appreciate it more.

Our tree comes down when we get back from London and I have to put everything away. This year that will be the Monday after Christmas. I am not keen on New Year's either as that means its all over.....God I sound so miserable ha ha.

I hate new years too! I think a few people get down at new years

I hate new years as I'm usually working early new years day, not this year though due to maternity leave so I may find myself a little less depressed :haha:

I'm the only one in my house with a summer birthday (July) I've got 2 October's, DH is December, then ds1 Feb and ds3 March. This baby is due mid April so think will have hit and miss as you do get some lovely spring days :haha:
I remember one year we went to bed with nothing and woke up to the deepest snow they had ever seen. It was ds1 5th or 6th Birthday. He thought we had ordered it for him like in cloudy with a chance of meatballs :haha:

I told ds3 I was going to get dressed and managed to get some stash pics. Had to do quite a few small ones so I could hide them again in between haha

Aw I totally agree. This year even more so as I will be working all the days I usually have off. Only day I'll get off is Christmas day, hopefully early finish Christmas eve and boxing day though.

As for the tree that usually comes down 27th at latest as dd2s birthday is 12th of January, I timed that terribly lol.

Df is so down in winter aswell, it's strange how the seasons affect us

<3

I've been driving myself crazy the last few days looking for advent calendars for the girls.
So, I've come up with an idea. I'm going to do my own! I am going to buy little bits from the works/poundland and wrap them up. Each day they get a lucky dip. Things like little colouring books, stamps, bath bombs anything small. Probably cost more than buying two normal ones but would be more fun (hopefully)

That's a great idea. I bet they will love that! :)

I love the lucky dip style advent calendar idea!
Rio wants Smiggle again, and Niko has peppa pig.
Ive set the bar too high now I think, I suggested to Rio we paint our own wooded advent calendar and put a chocolate in for each morning.. he was having none of it lol

I love the lucky dip style advent calendar idea!
Rio wants Smiggle again, and Niko has peppa pig.
Ive set the bar too high now I think, I suggested to Rio we paint our own wooded advent calendar and put a chocolate in for each morning.. he was having none of it lol

I think my eldest would have loved smiggle but they kept changing their minds and I know they would argue over who had what so this way they get the same but not necessarily the same day. Just spent £18 on the works and got about 28 items so 22 to go ha ha x

I'm the only one in my house with a summer birthday (July) I've got 2 October's, DH is December, then ds1 Feb and ds3 March. This baby is due mid April so think will have hit and miss as you do get some lovely spring days :haha:
I remember one year we went to bed with nothing and woke up to the deepest snow they had ever seen. It was ds1 5th or 6th Birthday. He thought we had ordered it for him like in cloudy with a chance of meatballs :haha:

I told ds3 I was going to get dressed and managed to get some stash pics. Had to do quite a few small ones so I could hide them again in between haha

I’m very lucky when my birthday is in August, school holidays so I’ll always be off work and usually weathers not bad.
Then I have one may birthday and one September birthday. May birthday is better it’s usually good weather and the half term is usually the week after.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->