°° General Christmas chat thread °°

Anyone else starting to get a little Christmas buzz? I know we are all Christmas crazy to have been in here so early, but I'm starting to feel that "almost time for the tree, must start sorting toys/clothes to make room, need to organise the big Christmas clean, where are the mince pies, do I have enough paper, is it too early to buy food?" Type of feeling going. I'm ready to start the preparations.

I'm getting excited too! Now Halloween and bonfire night is done, it's time to start getting excited for Christmas! :xmas12:

I already want to put my tree up :(

Me too! I know I'll be fed up of it by Christmas though!

I keep mine up until the end of the first week of January, then I hate how bare my house looks :haha:

Nooo how dare you bev! :haha: I know lots of people that takes them down boxing day! I physically can't do it, I keep mine up for as long as its possible!

I wish I could keep it up longer :haha: I just feel like Christmas is all over by boxing day and it makes me sad :haha:

Anyone else starting to get a little Christmas buzz? I know we are all Christmas crazy to have been in here so early, but I'm starting to feel that "almost time for the tree, must start sorting toys/clothes to make room, need to organise the big Christmas clean, where are the mince pies, do I have enough paper, is it too early to buy food?" Type of feeling going. I'm ready to start the preparations.

Yes this is me at the moment. The pre Christmas prep is my favourite part.
Been looking at ideas for my sister and she wants some nice stationary for work so going to look at paperchsse or WH Smith when I'm off work :)

We leave ours up for the full 12 data after Christmas. I don't know why we stick to the tradition of it when we clearly put it up far too early hahaha
I feel sad taking it down though so leave it as long as possible. Once the tree is down it's just cold rather than festively snuggly

I agree it feels cold rather than Christmassy once the tree is down. January and February are my worst months. DH says I'm mean saying that as its when the kids birthdays are. I still enjoy the kids birthdays, I just don't like the particular months as it's so cold and depressing and I long for summer!

Ds1 is February and I know exactly what you mean. They are my least favourite months too. You've got the down from Christmas being over and everything freezes over and it's just brrrr

It's horrible being cold. Really dislike winter apart from the exciting events like Christmas :laugh2:

Yeah, Christmas is the only time I don't mind being chilly

I love the run up to Christmas and I don’t even care that’s its cold because it feels all cosy inside and festive outside but once New Year’s Day hits that’s it I’m over it Haha! I hate January and February.

I normally take my tree down between Boxing Day and new year.

Glad I'm not the only one who feels like that!

I usually take ours down on boxing day unless we go out to my in laws.. then I do it on the 27th. Glad I'm not the only one :haha:
It does look bare though afterwards!

My DDs birthday is in Feb and it really is dark and depressing isnt it! I find it difficult to know what to do too as we don't do birthday parties, we do things as a family e.g. her 7th birthday we took her to the Harry Potter studios and spent the weekend in London. (Left DH home with DS1 as at the time DS1 wasn't a Harry Potter fan!).. she really enjoyed it but because DS1s birthday is July, we are able to do outdoor stuff.. we went to Legoland for his 5th birthday and it was 31°C both days... so DD does get frustrated that we can't do things like that.

Our DD's birthdays are very close so I totally understand her and your frustrations!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->