°° General Christmas chat thread °°

I've been driving myself crazy the last few days looking for advent calendars for the girls.
So, I've come up with an idea. I'm going to do my own! I am going to buy little bits from the works/poundland and wrap them up. Each day they get a lucky dip. Things like little colouring books, stamps, bath bombs anything small. Probably cost more than buying two normal ones but would be more fun (hopefully)
Thats such a great idea!!

I love that idea! If I was more productive at the moment I'd love to do something like that! Maybe next year :haha:

The lucky dip advent calendar is a great idea. Ds has a santa one with numbered drawers, a few year ago I decided to put little gifts in, cost me so much more and he was upset that there wasn't any chocolate- I've gone back to Christmas sweets since. I tried to pick up my nieces ones when I was out at the weekend, gutted to find thorntons has closed down where I was, it was open only a month ago!! Now I need to make a special trip to one of the few remaining branches!!

The lucky dip advent calendar is a great idea. Ds has a santa one with numbered drawers, a few year ago I decided to put little gifts in, cost me so much more and he was upset that there wasn't any chocolate- I've gone back to Christmas sweets since. I tried to pick up my nieces ones when I was out at the weekend, gutted to find thorntons has closed down where I was, it was open only a month ago!! Now I need to make a special trip to one of the few remaining branches!!

Awww. My eldest isn't too keen on chocolate but but can imagine my youngest being like that. I think I'll put a pack or Chocolate coins in x

I'm fairly disappointed with Poundlands lookbook this year, it's far from festive and literally has zilch of goodness iniside it! Has anybody actually found anything worthy instore?

I've been totally M. I. A this year as doing backshift at work. Will not be agreeing to that next year lol. I totally failed at keeping a journal aswell lol. Not enough hours in the day!

So last night I nipped over to lidl and bought myself some Irish cream and ice and Christmas biscuits, and once I get girls bathed tonight after dinner and into bed I'm going to pour myself a glass and put my living room tree up because if I don't god knows when I'll have some free time to get it done before Christmas.

X

Thank you lovelies. Can't believe how many less of us there are this year in the grotto. Gutting. Assuming we're not doing SS this year?

X

It is much quieter. We did hope it would pick up after Halloween but so far it hasn't.

Yep maybe start a thread see how much interest there is and I'll mail buffaloed and see if we can get permission

X

I saw something about a store doing that, it's a good idea, everyone always buys more than enough to get them over boxing day anyway so they don't NEED to go shopping.

Glad you're getting boxing day off too, great news. I've worked lots of boxing days over the years and love that the company I'm with now never gave us in - you keep two days holiday for the festive season and they donate two extra days so the building will close at the end of the day on the 23rd and wont re-open till the 3rd of January (1st & 2nd are both public holidays in Scotland).
So jay92, did you put you tree up? I was salivating at the thought of Irish cream, I really fancy one!! I make our family version for a Christmas eve gift/treat for my friends to get them through their last minute gift wrapping!

Yeah, I work in management at home bargains :)

It's actually nice to see companies put wellbeing before money. It's a shame the majority don't.

Yes, it is a shame the majority don't. I think most care about profit these days :(
Hopefully Home Bargains has set an example to the others now though for future years.

Dh and I discussed it and decided that as DS2 will have football on the first and he usually has to travel at least an hour each way, be there 45 minutes before kick off, over an hour of football including half time and then a team talk afterwards, it means he's gone most of the day, so we will get the tree and everything out on the 29th when DS1 and DS2 have a staff training day at school so he'll have them to help him with lifting heavy things out of the loft, but DS4 will be at school so won't be interfering :haha: then we can sort it and make a start on Friday and finish it all Saturday (it takes a couple of days as we tend to have the whole house looking like Santa's grotto :haha: )

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->