°° General Christmas chat thread °°

Yay for the sofa coming!

I think I'm going to have to go through all the boxes of presents as ds3 wants to wrap some things himself and I obviously don't want him following me in the bedroom while I dig through to find each of the things he's allowed to see :haha:

Definitely. I expect at almost 10 this might be his last year believing as well so I want to keep it going through this year as it's too close to Christmas now to lose the magic, the last thing I need is him noticing those boxes all have presents in :haha:

I'm holding out as long as possible. It's such a short few years that they actually believe, considering the first couple of years they don't even get the concept of Christmas or that presents are coming, and then most stop believing before they are in double figures. When you think about it on average you get about 4/5 Christmases where they fully believe.

Have a feeling Ava (8) will stop believing this year. She's asking lots of questions to OH recently with why do her presents come from santa but mine get sent to him - he's not quick thinking and decided to take her shopping to pick my presents up! She said last year she could hear me wrapping on xmas eve, and OH building the dolls house. I blamed neighbours for the banging and said I was wrapping family presents *phew*.

But I know she will keep it going for Olivia's sake if so. Plus it gives some extra bonding time with Christmas shopping as she could assist following years!

We always say Santa only brings to children. It is hard when they ask questions and you've got to think something up on the spot.
When ds1 stopped believing we gave him a promotion to Santa's helper so he was gaining something rather than losing it, he was just on the other side of the magic. That was really sudden through. He was 8 and just started an argument with DH in front of the others saying "I know it's you, he's not real" so I just had to call him away and come clean.

It'll be a sad day when DD stops believing... or more to the point, admits it. She's SO clever... I'm pretty sure she's already clocked on but doesn't want to admit it. Perhaps its a "what if" scenario....

DS1 has no idea though and I'm pretty confident DD will keep the "secret"

My mum has a lot of the decorations at her house as we don't have a boarded loft, so can't use it :dohh:
Reallllllly need to get that sorted at some point!

She will be bringing them down next Wednesday :xmas12:

I said to DH we need to get moving with the big Christmas clean as we only have a week to get sorted out really.

It is really sad, with ds2 it was just a quiet conversation with DH where he told him he knew the truth but still wanted to believe so we never made a fuss and while I'm open with him about buying the presents, we don't actually talk about it and be sure of the little ones we still carry on as if it's true. They have both done so we though. Ds1 is the type to blurt things out in anger so I did worry at first but 5 years later and he still says in front of the little ones " can I ask Santa for...."

I said to DH we need to get moving with the big Christmas clean as we only have a week to get sorted out really.

It is really sad, with ds2 it was just a quiet conversation with DH where he told him he knew the truth but still wanted to believe so we never made a fuss and while I'm open with him about buying the presents, we don't actually talk about it and be sure of the little ones we still carry on as if it's true. They have both done so we though. Ds1 is the type to blurt things out in anger so I did worry at first but 5 years later and he still says in front of the little ones " can I ask Santa for...."
Aw its lovely that your ds1 is keeping things going for the little ones. I definitely think my dd will do the same

It's nice the older ones help to keep it going.
Myt are exactly two years apart and I doubt my eldest will keep it secret tbh.
I always panic about the questions and I think that's why it's helped that they know not everything comes from santa but they still get excited about what he does bring.
Lol smartie at DD1 hearing you wrap last year! I love my evening wrapping sessions but think I may have to do some during the day when I have my day off as I doubt I'd be able to do it so sneakily at night now :-(

They are far too clever aren't they? I try to wrap when they are at school and DH can keep ds3 busy as I worry they will come to investigate the noise of paper and tape haha

There's 20 months between ds1 and ds2 but ds2 still believed for 3 more years after ds1 stopped. There's also 2 years (4 months) between ds2 and ds3 and 2 years after ds2 stopped ds3 still believes.

I’ll be so sad when my two don’t believe.
They are very close and if one does something the other usually follows suit so I do worry that biggest won’t keep quiet about it. He’s 9 1/2 and still believes or says he does anyways, I know that this year or next year will be the last as he will be in comp the year after. Makes me so sad.

I was going to start wrapping this week but the kids school has had to close for 2 days following an outbreak of illness. What seems like flu and also norovirus or similar. Mine have already had the flu like illness. So no wrapping for me and possibly no work tomorrow either if I can’t get them watched.

So sorry the school has been closed. I hope everyone is feeling better soon.

It’s been terrible this year
There was 70+ kids off so they made the decision to close. We are all feeling better thankfully but it’s awful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->