••March 2021 ttw & test thread••

@Rach87 Thanks sweetie, I hope the same for you too. This is it! We are all gonna smash it this month!! :thumbup::sex:

Been thinking....I know I shouldn't, it hurts my brain :haha:. I'm wondering why things aren't working out, why its taking so long this time. I read today a statistic that Im frightened to believe....when you hit 40 you have a 5% chance of pregnancy...what?! I didn't read further :wacko: that was enough!
But I did wonder about my lining, with a couple of extremely light periods, would this mean my lining is thin? Anyone here have experience of that or use anything to thicken theirs? I'm curious now, ta xx

Google is all doom and gloom once we hit 35... a friend had hers at 40 and 42. I love looking at stats but hate how Google only makes it a negative and not looking at the positives. It also seems there aren't that many studies (especially current ones) or good studies that have been done.

@Rach87 can I be down for March 20 please. I'm still in the Feb thread waiting AF... but I'm pretty sure I didn't ovulate this month. Which means I'll be joining you ladies. Baby dust to everyone! Fx for BFPs!

@J_and_D I hate they classify over 35 as “geriatric”. So ridiculous. My one friend took a year to get pregnant at 34, 4 months at 37. And another took 4 yrs to get pregnant at 33, and 1 bd to get pregnant at 39! So stats arent always accurate. I always say both my babies are statistical impossibilities according to “experts” but here I am with 2 healthy kiddos. :shrug:

@wannanewbaby did you have a date for me to add?

@Rach87 can I be added for the 9th?

it’s subject to change because my periods are irregular

Ah right, I knew we had a chat about aspirin and I knew you were on it at some point! Sorry! I know it can make your womb lining thinner. Glad AF is normal though.
I’m good, thanks! I think I’m having a normal cycle this month, I’m on day 2 of flashy opk on cd11, I tend to get pregnant from sex quite early before ovulation rather than closer to o day so I reckon I’ll ovulate on or around day 14. Trying to have more sex for the next few days but with work, homeschooling and everything else, by the time dd is in bed we are too tired

Glad to hear you're having a normal cycle, good luck catching that egg!
I know what you mean about being too tired, it is so hard right now! I feel I'm being split into 3 or even 4! 2 kids at different stages schooling, my own job, the house and dog....It's a lot. Is your DD going back to school on Monday? DS2 is but DS1 stays home for a bit longer, he's been really struggling with division this week, had some tears :sad1: wee shame. So it will be good to be able to concentrate on him for a while. I'm mixed about DS2 going back but he does need it, he's my wee buddy though so gonna miss him.
Sorry gone off topic!!:haha:

Glad to hear you're having a normal cycle, good luck catching that egg!
I know what you mean about being too tired, it is so hard right now! I feel I'm being split into 3 or even 4! 2 kids at different stages schooling, my own job, the house and dog....It's a lot. Is your DD going back to school on Monday? DS2 is but DS1 stays home for a bit longer, he's been really struggling with division this week, had some tears :sad1: wee shame. So it will be good to be able to concentrate on him for a while. I'm mixed about DS2 going back but he does need it, he's my wee buddy though so gonna miss him.
Sorry gone off topic!!:haha:
Thank you.

It sure is hard. Df and I had an argument a few days ago because we both feel overwhelmed. I’m a hs teacher so working from home, while trying to teach my own dd too - she can’t go to the hub because I am at home, even though df and I are both category 1 key workers.

We also have a 16 month old border collie so that’s fun Df gets to go out to work and I’m so jealous!

She’s back on Monday and I’m so glad. She’s only p1 so really needs the in-class experience. I will miss her, but honestly, I’m not able to homeschool her or even parent her properly when I’m working full time.

When are you testing? I’m the 9th.

Thank you.

It sure is hard. Df and I had an argument a few days ago because we both feel overwhelmed. I’m a hs teacher so working from home, while trying to teach my own dd too - she can’t go to the hub because I am at home, even though df and I are both category 1 key workers.

We also have a 16 month old border collie so that’s fun Df gets to go out to work and I’m so jealous!

She’s back on Monday and I’m so glad. She’s only p1 so really needs the in-class experience. I will miss her, but honestly, I’m not able to homeschool her or even parent her properly when I’m working full time.

When are you testing? I’m the 9th.
Oh you do have your hands full! I don't understand why they didn't let her into the hub, crazy, you can't work like that. Mine are p2 and p5 and jumping back and forth on teams login is a right pain. Early school really do need that in class learning don't they? I hope she settles back in well.

Not sure on a testing date yet but possibly around the 13th but it depends on ovulation and if I do test early. Trying temping again this month, just to check I am ovulating and finding it quite interesting.

Wish you lots of luck for March xxx

@J_and_D I hate they classify over 35 as “geriatric”. So ridiculous. My one friend took a year to get pregnant at 34, 4 months at 37. And another took 4 yrs to get pregnant at 33, and 1 bd to get pregnant at 39! So stats arent always accurate. I always say both my babies are statistical impossibilities according to “experts” but here I am with 2 healthy kiddos. :shrug:

@wannanewbaby did you have a date for me to add?

Put me for march 7 for now

Af showed up a day early yesterday! My cycles have got shorter since ttc, used to be 31-35 days now 28 almost to a t!

@Rach87 can you please put me down for the 13th? I'll be 8dpo and I'll be surprised if i can even hold out that long thank you!

Af showed up a day early yesterday! My cycles have got shorter since ttc, used to be 31-35 days now 28 almost to a t!

@Rach87 can you please put me down for the 13th? I'll be 8dpo and I'll be surprised if i can even hold out that long thank you!

Sorry AF arrived :(
Good luck for March :)

Hey ladies... ok so I’m going to test on March 9th. I’m actually ovulating a week early since my cycle started early. It’s weird cuz I bled 4 days which isn’t normal... it’s usually 5/6 so hopefully this will be a lucky month. March that is.

Oh you do have your hands full! I don't understand why they didn't let her into the hub, crazy, you can't work like that. Mine are p2 and p5 and jumping back and forth on teams login is a right pain. Early school really do need that in class learning don't they? I hope she settles back in well.

Not sure on a testing date yet but possibly around the 13th but it depends on ovulation and if I do test early. Trying temping again this month, just to check I am ovulating and finding it quite interesting.

Wish you lots of luck for March xxx
Yes it’s frustrating that she didn’t get in the hub, or that my employer isn’t understanding that I can’t necessarily be live for every single class when also trying to be a parent.
P2 and p5 must be hard too, I struggled with only 1 kid never mind 2!
My daughter loves school. She’s in a composite p1/2 class, there are only 6 p1 kids in the class - all girls - so she seems to have a really nice group of friends.
If this isn’t our month I might do temping next month. I am using the clear blue advanced tests. My cycles have been all over the place since my chemical in October - between 10 and 35 days - but it looks like this one will be around 28 days. Been having fertile but not peak results from cd10 and I’m now on cd12. Expecting my peak fertility tomorrow.
Managed to dtd late on cd9 and then on cd11. Might get another go in today or tomorrow but df is having an Xbox night with his friends (online) and might be drunk/hungover Sunday and Monday (14/15) should be good to go.

Yes it’s frustrating that she didn’t get in the hub, or that my employer isn’t understanding that I can’t necessarily be live for every single class when also trying to be a parent.
P2 and p5 must be hard too, I struggled with only 1 kid never mind 2!
My daughter loves school. She’s in a composite p1/2 class, there are only 6 p1 kids in the class - all girls - so she seems to have a really nice group of friends.
If this isn’t our month I might do temping next month. I am using the clear blue advanced tests. My cycles have been all over the place since my chemical in October - between 10 and 35 days - but it looks like this one will be around 28 days. Been having fertile but not peak results from cd10 and I’m now on cd12. Expecting my peak fertility tomorrow.
Managed to dtd late on cd9 and then on cd11. Might get another go in today or tomorrow but df is having an Xbox night with his friends (online) and might be drunk/hungover Sunday and Monday (14/15) should be good to go.
That's great she has a good wee class :)
Yes its all been rather traumatic! Lol.

Hope you get the bd in and I'm glad your month is going more regular. I'm still just using the cheap opks, they aren't the best but I always see the peak eventually. This last cycle was nice and clear so hoping for it at a normal time! I was relieved that I was definitely ovulating though having seen the temp rise. I do get a bit obsessed staring at the chart though :haha:
I'm only CD3 so it feels like forever to go!!!

Did another opk today. Im doing mine with 2nd morning urine when do you usually test?? Today's looks about the same as yesterday's I think. Def not positive yet but this is the 1st day of my 5 day fertile window.

20210220_100934.jpg

Hi all. I had static smile yesterday so more than likely ovulating today. AF due 6th but will be testing from 2nd :) @Rach87 if you can add me please lovely

That's great she has a good wee class :)
Yes its all been rather traumatic! Lol.

Hope you get the bd in and I'm glad your month is going more regular. I'm still just using the cheap opks, they aren't the best but I always see the peak eventually. This last cycle was nice and clear so hoping for it at a normal time! I was relieved that I was definitely ovulating though having seen the temp rise. I do get a bit obsessed staring at the chart though :haha:
I'm only CD3 so it feels like forever to go!!!
That’s good! I used the cheap ones for the last 4 cycles and didn’t get anything remotely positive for 3 of them so I started to worry. I honestly think I didn’t ovulate those months which is a bit worrying.
The clear blue advanced is on special offer for £20 in Boots so thought I would try it. My best friend who is 17 weeks (got pregnant around the same time I did with my chemical) used this on the month she got pregnant and I was feeling superstitious so thought I’d best do it too I am aware that is ridiculous though.
I hate the wait, I know people talk about the two week wait but it is really a four week wait isn’t it? We don’t do any extra sex (well, we have made a bit more of an effort this cycle but this is the first time since July-August we have tried to time it better, normally we just go for every second or third day like normal)
I’m having my progesterone checked on cd21 at my gp surgery. It’s interesting that they now get involved in fertility stuff as they didn’t do anything between my miscarriages/ectopic and dd. I didn’t expect anything due to covid.

Did another opk today. Im doing mine with 2nd morning urine when do you usually test?? Today's looks about the same as yesterday's I think. Def not positive yet but this is the 1st day of my 5 day fertile window.

View attachment 1094912
I’m using the clear blue advance which are fmu but with regular ones I just checked whenever I felt like it. I never got a true positive though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->