• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

★ October & November 2020 Hedgehogs ★

Hello, I'm cautiously joining. I got a faint bfp on a frer yesterday and a bfp on CB digi this morning at 10dpo. This wasn't planned for us. DH wasn't even sure he wanted a 3rd. However this pregnancy is a blessing and even though timing isn't great, we will carry on. I may wait to call OB as they will go off my LMP date and believe I'm much farther than I am. I don't really want a scan at 4 or 5 weeks to then be told it looks "grim". However they may understand that my cycles are strange as I only had one AF since having my girl.

Anyways I hope everyone has a happy and healthy pregnancy. I know a few people in the group, jelly, co, and Fern :)

Jellybean & Flukey - So happy you've come to join us! Biggest congratulations! I saw your first test in the March testing group... I've been silently stalking you ladies over there because I wanted to find out how some of you were doing. Sorry your feeling sick already Jelly... good sign though :D

Hey all wow iv missed soo much!! Congratulations to all the new bfps and wishing u all a happy and healthy 9 months!
I'm so sorry fern and foster for your scares hope you are doing better today?!

So nice to see another mama that was shocked by their bfp (this is number 6 for me and if I'm totally honest it was me that didn't really want any more after my last 2 Labour's have been traumatic)

Afm well the sickness is getting worse feel like crying all the time and still struggling to come to terms with it all. Iv been referred to the perinatal mental health team and hoping they can help me come to terms with some of what i had to go through previously. Get my motability car hopefully next week it has been awful as I live in the country and without a car that has been awful.

Good news iv lost some weight so happy with that I'm v overweight so weight loss is good for me. Hope your all having a good day xxx

Jellybean and Flukey!!!!!! I'm SO excited we're in this group together! I feel like I've known you two forever! Congrats!

The lack of symptoms the last few days/ this morning is unnerving. I completely stopped spotting yesterday only to (tmi warning) wipe up some pink this morning again. I know bubs is still in there and this episode of bleeding has been nothing like my first mc, but I'm nearing 7 weeks now and ms hasn't really kicked in and can't tell at this point if cramping is from pregnancy or from SCH. Tomorrow's scan can't come soon enough!

So, for those of you who aren't sticks, when do you all start showing? I'm a US size 14, so not plus size but not small either. I carry most of my fat around my hips but do have a belly and a lower ab "pooch." I'm just curious about when I might start really seeing a bump. This is probably my anxious side talking.

@co_fostermom so happy to be hear with you! Sorry to hear about the difficulties you’ve been having, you’ve already been through so much! I think I’m probably a similar size to you and started showing around 16 weeks last time around but that was my second pregnancy so might be later in a first. I was a lot bigger in my first pregnancy and didn’t really show until quite late, especially as my son was quite small!

I’m so on edge at the moment. Keep rushing to the toilet thinking AF has arrived but it’s just the increased CM. This is TMI but I had a panic I was spotting earlier but I think it was just that the CM has a yellow tinge (which google and a friend assure me is normal). I feel like I’ve forgotten what’s normal from previous pregnancies and it doesn’t help that pregnancies can be so different!

Jo thank you. How are you feeling?

Cat I'm glad I'm not alone in that respect as well. I would never thought this would happen to me. Poor DH said he's getting a vasectomy after this baby :rofl: oh and I really hope you have a better birthing experience this time. I'm hoping for one similar to my last one.

Sorry you are struggling mentally right now.

Co I'm happy to be in this journey when you are as well. If it makes you feel any better I'm very crampy early pregnancy. They aren't really painful though. I hope bleeding and spotting stops soon and can't wait for your scan tomorrow.

As for a bump. I didn't get mine until around 19 or 20 weeks with my first, it was small. With my second, I started around 12 or 13 weeks.

Jellybean - yellow, white and cream discharge is totally normal! Your prenatal can also add a yellowish green to the color as well.

Hi jellybean and flueky! Congrats!
Wow flueky feels like yesterday we were ttc #1... here you are with a huge surprise and me with bfp from second ivf (that I almost cancelled because of all the stress and fighting!) ... how life has changed! My sister also had a surprise 3rd one, (at least, her second pregnancy ended up being identical twins) and she was extremely upset about it tbh... but we can’t imagine life without all 3 and everything worked out. I’m sure you will be fine, you seem so levelheaded :)

Cat- sorry to hear that you are doing so poorly :( I can’t even imagine going through that with one kid let alone 5. You are a rock star. Hugs!

Foster- I’m really glad that the bleeding has tapered off. Sending you lots of positive vibes for tomorrow.

Bumpwise- I got a round tummy around 9 weeks last time but I think it only got a bit harder & more like a real bump at about 12 weeks. This time my tummy is huge. My baby has lots of room to grow into :oops: and I’m eating very healthy so I was hoping the bloating from ivf would go down but no luck! And I’m gaining fat fast! I have low muscle tone so my core muscles are nowhere to be found... I’m sure it is a huge factor in my belly popping out so easily... and hence the exercise program (that I haven’t had time for since actually getting the program lol). My belly is sooooo much bigger than a month ago... in fact I’m worried that it might mean twins for me too!

Foster - my nausea has eased considerably over the past week. I only feel it now when I start to get hungry... and it's also not as strong when I do get the nausea. I'm not too concerned as I remember by 7ish weeks in my second pregnancy my nausea was mostly gone too.

Jellybean - I still go to the bathroom every time I feel damp down there, it's always CM but I still have to check each time!

As for showing - with my first it was probably around 18-20 weeks, but you can start to feel a bump much earlier, its just not noticeable to other people until 18ish weeks. This time I already feel a bump in my lower belly, so I have a feeling I'll be showing by 12-14 weeks.

Wow I can't believe how late bumps start showing for most people! I figured for sure I'd have a mini bump by 12 weeks, so if I don't have one too noticeable yet by then, I know now not to freak out lol.

Fern I know! I am so happy you are expecting baby #2. Thank you, I'm glad it all worked out for your sister.

Ho do you feel about twins?? Would you love them? The thought of twins terrify me but they are cute:)

Pineberry, ooops. Going by my opk I'll be due November 16th. Thank you for the welcome :)

Co yup it takes time for a bump to appear. Or at least be able to tell it's a bump and not eating too many sweets lol. I think you mentioned something about nausea. I barely had any with dd2. I was scared we'd have bad news at my first ultrasound but her little heart was just beating away. Now dd1 my nausea set in around 7 to 7.5 weeks and lasted until 12 to 13 weeks.

AFM I got home and noticed I felt wet. Went to check and had some pink spotting in my undies and when wiping. No cramps. I'm thinking maybe IB (never had before) or maybe from sex yesterday? I wanted to do a frer as they had arrived but I think it would cause more anxiety than cure. So I'll test in a.m. for progression. Think I won't mention it to DH unless tests go lighter. Oh and I'm considering calling OB tomorrow to schedule labs next week.

Any mommas have IB??

Congratulations to all those with new bfps!!

I am here most days but just lurking past few days, I am so exhausted and my nausea is crazy. I only throw up once or twice a day but I feel it in my stomach and throat all day every day. I could cry at times its that bad :oops:
Also been suffering from episodes of shortness of breath, just come on out of the blue, not even after moving around. I'm just sat watching TV and suddey my breath goes shallow and I feel like i can't get a proper breath in. Hoping midwife makes contact soon so I can speak to her about it. I left a message two days ago but heard nothing yet. x

Hi :hi: congratulations everyone!

Please can I join you ladies? I got my BFP with #3 after a year of trying. Will be due around 10th November. Still not sunk in yet though!
Only told my husband so far so it’s lovely to talk about it on here xx

Welcome @jellybeanxx, @Flueky88 and @Lissy_Sweetie !!! Congratulations :)

@co_fostermom hope your scan goes well tomorrow! :)

Ahh the thought of twins is scary but so exciting at the same time. While I know the odds are low, I'm kinda hoping we see two little blobs doing their thing when I go for my first ultrasound next week.

Reality is starting to set in with some of the things that need to get done in preparation. Been browsing OBGYNs that deliver in the hospital I'll be closest to to figure out who I'd like to go see. Getting ready to give my notice to move out of my current place and in with my SO. I've been really reluctant to move because I rent a gorgeous condo in the city that's a 15 minute walk from work but as we were TTCing we agreed it wouldn't work for more than just me to live here and he has plenty of space in his house out of town. The biggest downside is I'll be moving to about a 1.5hr commute (on the train... 2+ hr commute by car) from work.

Not looking forward to wasting 3-4+ hours a day commuting and have been so grateful this week to be able to duck home quickly to get some rest with this crazy fatigue and baby brain!! But it's definitely for the best as he has the space and we'll save so much money if I'm not forking out the ludicrous price I pay for this place. A definite bonus with a little one on the way! We're also actively looking for a new house to call our home together but not rushing on that as we want to find the right place. So exciting!

Enough on that, though. We're going to be making rounds with immediate family starting Friday evening to share the news! Super excited to tell my parents. I'm an only child and 34 so, as I'm sure all of you can imagine, they have been pests about wanting grandchildren. Got them each a much that says grandma/grandpa est 2020 :) Then we'll see his family over the weekend (dad and step mom, mom and his sister and her brood - she just had her fifth baby a month ago!)

We're planning on telling some close friends in the next couple of weeks and wait till week 12 to share the news publicly. Also thinking I might have to tell work a bit sooner since I have seriously been struggling to concentrate. I work in cyber security risk and I can't really get away with not focusing so this is going to be an interesting time :)

I'm also starting to feel like a pack mule carrying my backpack to work with my lunch, snacks, fruit, etc. to keep me going all day! I'm just constantly hungry lol!

@Lissy_Sweetie congratulations!

@Flueky88 I had IB with my second. It was a very, very small amount of pink/red spotting. I was convinced AF was on the way and put my moon cup in but then there was nothing else and got a positive test a day or two later! How are you feeling?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->