• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

★ October & November 2020 Hedgehogs ★

Jess sorry you haven't heard back from midwife? Hope you get a response soon.

Azure wow that'll be a long commute. Any chance you'd be able to work from home some? If not maybe you guys could find somewhere closer together.

Oh I bet your announcement will go so well! It's so exciting to announce especially if you've been trying for awhile

Jelly it wasn't a lot. Certainly not enough for pad or tampon. It seems to have stopped. I feel fine. No cramping or back pain. I was super dizzy earlier so I had to lie down and drink some water.

Morning All!! So many comments to reply to today! Feeling a little more positive today, the sun is shining and it's not tooo cold! I had an awful dream we lost it so am getting a digi test today to make sure of progression!

Welcome to all the new people! Xxx

@Flueky88 thats good, certainly sounds like IB!

@Catmumof4 glad things are a little brighter today. Good luck with the digital!

I’m trying not to obsess over progression today. My clearblue and cassette tests are darker but I got myself all worried about the FRER not progressing enough. I think I just need to hold onto to the mantra “today I am pregnant” and try to enjoy it rather than find things to worry about!

@Flueky88 thats good, certainly sounds like IB!

@Catmumof4 glad things are a little brighter today. Good luck with the digital!

I’m trying not to obsess over progression today. My clearblue and cassette tests are darker but I got myself all worried about the FRER not progressing enough. I think I just need to hold onto to the mantra “today I am pregnant” and try to enjoy it rather than find things to worry about!

My frers freaked me out with progression Jelly. I actually spent a day in tears because I thought it wasnt going to work out because of them. I certainly don't rate them personally after that. Caused me a lot of stress the first week. Clearblue were much better for me for progression and even my internet cheapies were better then them. Over about 6 days they looked no different from each other and it really scared me. So long as your others are darker I would try not worry about the frers.

Jelly with my 2nd there was a period with my frer that I couldn't tell a difference from daily testing. I then started every other day and could really see progression. She's a very healthy 1 y.o. as of today.

I love how this thread is picking up... so many new comments <3

Flukey - good progression, glad the spotting stopped... it certainly sounds like implantation bleeding.

Catmum - so glad you're feeling a little better. It's starting to warm up a bit here too, some of the snow is melting... so I'm glad to go outside for some fresh air.

Azure - wow that is a long commute, I'd be looking into that new house faster if it was me lol. Do you have much time off for maternity leave? You'll get a break from the commute for a little while hopefully. Can't wait to hear about how your family reacts... I'm excited to tell mine too but will probably wait until Easter.

Jess - I'd call the midwife again if they haven't gotten back to you yet. I've felt a bit short of breath but when climbing stairs or something. With our increased blood flow it's normal to be out of breath a bit.. I have felt my heart racing a few times when lying in bed. But I'd get things checked out for peace of mind if I were you.

Catmum- glad you’re feeling ok today!

Azure- enjoy breaking the news :)

How did everyone tell their husbands/partners? I made my son a shirt that said big brother (it’s WAY cuter in our first language lol) and wanted to put it on ds after school and wait till dh noticed... but dh came home early so I just handed him the shirt. Not very creative but he freaked out! We sent our families photos of ds wearing the shirt as an announcement though.

co_foster good luck with your scan today!

flueky that sounds like IB. I had 2 days of IB (very very light) this time around, and some spotting a few days ago but it stopped.

Scan day: I am a nervous train wreck. I know I probably don't need to be, but DH is coming to this appointment which is actually making me more nervous because the last time we went to a scan like this was just after Father's Day and we found out the baby had died. I just so badly want him to see a heartbeat today and I'm sure he will, but gosh, this total lack of control is completely throwing me for a loop today.

And I totally understand all you ladies who keep running the bathroom to make sure they aren't bleeding - the progesterone I take drips out and it feels SO similar that I honestly can't tell the difference most of the time so I'm right there with you running to the loo!

catmum - I'm glad you're feeling better!

Jess - I've had some bouts of shortness of breath too. Sometimes I'll just be sitting, and other times it's after walking up stairs or something. It could be the uterus growing and putting pressure on your diaphragm. Most people don't realize this, but your diaphragm is the basis of your breath support. Our breathing should actually look like it's coming from our bellies and expanding our rib cages, rather than what most people do and breathe from their chests (it's a learned behavior because of trying to hide belly fat and the like). But, since your diaphragm is right in that area along with your uterus, that could be the simple explanation. Of course, if it starts to get really bad, you should go to an urgent care to make sure everything is okay and there's not some underlying condition causing the problem.

@co_fostermom good luck with the scan, hope it all goes really well and you see that lovely heartbeat!

@Fern81 thats such a cute way to do it! With my other pregnancies, I’ve always just run out of the bathroom waving a pee stick :haha: this time though I wanted to make it a bit more special. I found out on the Monday night but waited for a darker test on the Tuesday and planned to tell him after work. My Mother was round when he came home though and then my Auntie popped in. In the end I handed him the gift bag containing the test after they’d left telling him I’d got him a present. It was while I was watching the football though. I just couldn’t wait any longer! Right after he opened the bag, my team scored a goal and I got distracted celebrating that :lol: we’ve now nicknamed this baby after the goal scorer!

Is anyone else yawning loads? I can’t stop yawning today!

Thanks! We're super excited :) They have no idea what's about to happen, mwahahaha!

I do get to work from home a couple of days a week, which is nice. I may try to increase this a bit more. I'm hoping I only need to deal with this until I can go on mat leave and once I'm ready to get back into the swing of things, maybe see if I can nail something at an office location closer to where ever it is that we wind up living. It's a pretty big company so they should have something in a fringe location.

My bf was insistent on being present for testing so I didn't get the chance to surprise him. We were in disbelief the first night I tested but the next morning when I came out of the bathroom after testing and getting two very positive positives, I told him he was going to be a dad and that was that :) I had always hoped to do something special for him with it but, in hindsight after how long the past week has felt not telling our parents, I'm glad we were both just in it together right away.

@co_fostermom best of luck with the scan today! Sending lots of positive thoughts and vibes your way.

Scan went well! Baby is measuring right on track still (tail end of 6 weeks) and heart rate was 134!

Unfortunately SCH also grew by about a cm but my doctor said it didn't look like there was any active bleeding and that it looked more "organized." Not sure what that means, but she said my cervix looked nice and sealed and although I can probably expect more bleeding in the near future, that I shouldn't worry. She also knows from personal experience that telling me not to worry or be nervous is like telling me not to breathe right now lol. Either way, I do feel a huge sense of relief, especially now that DH has seen a living baby.

IMG_6535.jpeg

Scan went well! Baby is measuring right on track still (tail end of 6 weeks) and heart rate was 134!

Unfortunately SCH also grew by about a cm but my doctor said it didn't look like there was any active bleeding and that it looked more "organized." Not sure what that means, but she said my cervix looked nice and sealed and although I can probably expect more bleeding in the near future, that I shouldn't worry. She also knows from personal experience that telling me not to worry or be nervous is like telling me not to breathe right now lol. Either way, I do feel a huge sense of relief, especially now that DH has seen a living baby.

View attachment 1079564

That’s brilliant news, I’m so pleased for you! :hugs:

Fern I showed him my bfp... it was faint and he said, "there's only one" yeah but it's really faint" "is it supposed to be that faint". Bahaha. I showed him my bfp digi the next morning. I like how you told him :) I wanted to do something cute but ..... didn't think it was appropriate.

Jelly no yawning here but I have bouts of insomnia.
Azure oh that sounds like you wouldn't have a crazy commute much if at all. For my first I screamed when I saw the line pop up so DH came in to see what was going on :)

Co I'm so happy for you and per old wives tale fetal heart rate is leaning to boy which you had a boy embryo so makes sense :) oh and I'm happy DH got to see bub with that wonderful heartbeat.

AFM I'm so confused. Around 230 I went to the bathroom and my panty liner was about 80% saturated. Red blood this time. No clots or cramping. While I was at work I lifted boxes full of paper charts ad did loads of squatting as I organized the filing cabinet. Not sure if I'm miscarrying or it's from all that work I did. It seems to have stopped and no cramping either. I feel mixed emotions about it. I mean it's bad timing, but I want another baby and the thought of losing one even so early makes me sad. DH said he feels mixed about it too, said he was coming around to idea of having our 3rd. I asked him if I do loss the baby, would he be willing to try next year. He replied,"most likely, but have to see where we are at."

I'm just praying for what is meant to be will be, but if this is a loss I just want to get it over with. Thanks to anyone that read this.

Oh my gosh I'm so sorry Flueky! It could be what I had and I did some lifting and lots of walking up and down stairs without much break the day before I started bleeding. Drink TONS of water, stay off your feet as much as possible, and put yourself on pelvic rest (no exercise, no sex, etc.). Go to the doctor as soon as you can...they can help you. Bleeding is terrifying, but like I said, it could be a subchorionic hemorrhage. Or it could be something else, but either way you won't get answers without going to a doctor. Drinking bone broth is very healing to the body, that might also help in the meantime. I didn't understand why staying hydrated was so important until I read that being dehydrated can actually aggravate a SCH so you want to do what you can to avoid that. I hope everything turns out okay for you!

Co thank you. That might be part of my issue as I've not drank as much the last couple days. Only about 70 to 80 oz instead of 100oz. I drink so much normally due to breastfeeding. 70 to 80 isn't enough for me because of that. I'll try to take it easy but today is DD2 birthday party and DH is working until then. I'll try as best as I can. :hugs: oh and I'll call OB Monday and tell them I'm experiencing bleeding if it continues.

Jelly thank you :hugs:

AFM no more bleeding. I felt really wet when I woke up and thought, "it's over", but just cm. Not sure what to think anymore. I did test with Frer and IC. Not sure there's progression on Frer but definitely on IC. What do you ladies think and you can be brutally honest. The top tests are 11dpo and bottom are 12dpo.

20200307_045929.jpg 20200307_050009.jpg

Your FRERs look quite similar to mine from yesterday and the day before, there was barely any change in mine. My clearblues have been getting a lot darker though! HCG rises in such small amounts day to day in very early pregnancy that it can be harder to see the progression. The bleeding stopping is definitely a good sign!
I hope you manage to enjoy the party and take it as easy as you can. Hopefully your doctor will be able to give you some reassurance on Monday!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->