• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

★ October & November 2020 Hedgehogs ★

Hi everyone:)

Flueky- I’m dreading announcing it at work. I only just started in a new teaching position. Our school year runs from Jan-Dec so I will have this baby before the school year is completed. I accepted the position the day before my bfp. I wonder whether they will judge me for starting at their school, just to make them find a replacement teacher close to the end of the year (which will be hard!). Idk how I’m going to admit it!

Azure- good luck with Friday :) my first ultrasound is on Thursday and I’m so impatient! I just want to see if there is (only) one baby with a heartbeat! Hoping, wishing and praying so hard!

Jess- what a lovely scan! Look at that little face!

Jess LOVELY scan! So happy for you!

Well my mood has improved greatly, but I think preggo brain has kicked in because I took my progesterone and then literally 2 minutes later was like, wait, did I take progesterone???!!! I'm still not entirely sure lol but fairly confident I took it and just forgot that soon. See what I mean? lol

I am SOOOOO tired today too! I didn't sleep well last night. But was also glad I didn't have a 3rd night in the row where I didn't need to get up to use the bathroom. And I did not have enough water yesterday so that's even a bonus lol. Oh, how we would complain so miserably about all these "inconveniences" if they had nothing to do with pregnancy lol.

Oh wow... Was trying to catch up on everyone but that's a lot of info since I signed in last! Glad to be in an active forum though.

So, I'm on my phone so I can't quote or answer/comment individually, but here's what I hope covers all the bases.

For all the scans I've seen so far: Yay! \\:D/

For those with symptoms mild/severe: As much as they are aggravating, they're a sign that everything is good. For those without symptoms: I share your anxiety.

AFM:. My boobs are tender to the touch and itchy. So scratching them is interesting. I have heartburn occasionally and at random times. Today I had the feeling that there was a small piece of food caught in my throat but it wouldn't go away even after eating/drinking - found out it was a weird nausea feeling but didn't throw up thank god. My lack of symptoms/minimal symptoms make me very nervous. I want to get passed the point that I lost our other baby (9w+4) so I can worry less.. I have a scan on Friday (I should be 7w then) and I hope for great news.

Hi there, second eventful March in a row for us!

DD turns one 14th March :flow:

Turns out she’s a big sis in training though as we got our BFP yesterday 9th March, 2020.

I’m not sure how far along I am, based on dates I believe I’m around five weeks due 7th November - will update after appointment.

My iud has actually fallen out on its own feb 1/2 during my last “period” so that is what I’m basing it from!

Excited to be back as this will be our last. Xx

781ABC17-7411-4A23-8C95-20A852114079.jpeg

@JessdueJan amazing ultrasound!! So exciting :D

@Catmumof4 lol! I felt like throwing up on my way to work while walking through the city this morning. Bet that would've been a lovely sight for the tons of commuters walking around me!

@Joannaxoxo omg I hadn't even thought about the summer heat and humidity (though I was already thinking about all the pretty maternity dresses and outfits haha!) That will definitely make things interesting....

@Fern81 ohh Thursday is so close! I can relate with wanting to find out how many are in there even though I have a super low chance of it being multiples... I can still hope :) Can't wait to hear how it goes!

@EmmaVH fingers crossed and sending lots of positive thoughts your way for your ultrasound! Hope everything goes well :)

@CC94 congratulations and welcome!!!

I swear I'm going to blow my cover at work one of these days. At one point today, I completely mixed up someone's name as I was telling another person to get in touch with this individual. They're like umm.. don't you mean X? Barely caught myself before I completely blamed the baby brain. Best part is that something similar happened a couple of hours later and I nearly responded the same way!

Mind you, I'm not sure how people at work won't notice the fact that I am constantly eating at my desk all day. I do not stop. My body won't let me stop! I think I have to bring some snacks to my meetings when I have back to back or long ones. I got so light headed and queasy in my just-before-lunch meeting today. I wasn't sure I was going to make it lol

Hi everyone,
So glad to see all the new names. It is definitely much more active.

AFM- symptoms have definitely lessened, had some nausea but that seems to have pretty much gone now and boobs sore on an off but that’s all. Hope the lack of symptoms doesn’t mean bad news. Crohn’s is playing up too so that’s worrying also! I am 9 weeks today. Had scan last week and all was good. Will prob have one next week to as will be seeing my private OB, just waiting on app. Had to switch OB’s today as the doc I was going to attend (delivered my little boy) isn’t high risk and my Gastro doctor and rheumatologist want me to be seen by high risk doc so there is a lot of messing around. Was supposed to have an app this Thursday but then had to change so hoping my new OB will see me next week. I a little nervous though as I’m being seen in Cork and the Coronavirus has pretty much shut the hospital down for many people in and out.
With my under lying conditions and being pregnant it worries me.

Sorry to be such a moaner but just needed to get it all out!

CC94 welcome and yay!

Azure - that's crazy about the eating. I feel like that too at work but not nearly that bad. But I totally hear you about being worried about blowing your cover. Hopefully the board members haven't let my boss know - if they have he's playing dumb. I know my two colleagues wouldn't.

Joanna - I hadn't thought about the summer heat either. And nobody believes in A/Cs in Washington! Ugh! I'm already waking up totally sweaty in the middle of the night and it's been getting down to the low 20s at night this week, which is crazy cold for this area and time of year. So, not sure how I'm gonna get through that summer heat!

Fitz - I'm sorry your Crohn's is bothering you and causing trouble and I'm sorry you have to find a different doctor - that's a total bummer. I'm so terrified of being sent to a new doctor because I've known mine for so long and if all is still going well tomorrow, she's probably going to "graduate" me after my app tomorrow. I hope you are able to find an excellent perinatologist!

Question for you veteran moms - is it normal to have sharp pains in the uterus? It is worse after I've been sitting for a while and get up (sudden movements) and then it's fine again. Is that just the uterus stretching? Is it possible to have round ligament pain this early in pregnancy?

Question for you veteran moms - is it normal to have sharp pains in the uterus? It is worse after I've been sitting for a while and get up (sudden movements) and then it's fine again. Is that just the uterus stretching? Is it possible to have round ligament pain this early in pregnancy?

YES!!!!! Totally normal!!!! Xx

Yes! I was so worried about it in my first pregnancy that I got checked out. They scanned me at 7 weeks and everything was fine. It was just everything stretching out.

Fern I'm similar with work situation. I'm not at a new company but I'm in a new position for nearly 2 months. I also came back from a maternity leave end of June 2019 so feel guilty. I don't think I should but I can't help it.

Co yes it is funny how if we had these symptoms for any other reason we'd be so pissed. If we notice that we aren't experiencing something at all or not anymore it can cause so much anxiety.

Yay for scan day today!! Maybe you can stay a couple more weeks?? In any case I hope you find an OB you love :)

Those pains are normal, just uterus stretching :)

CC yay for joining and happy early birthday to your LO it doesn't feel like a year since we were all having our babies.

Emma good luck Friday!

Azure I'm so happy I mostly work at home now so people can't notice things. I have a stupid RIE (rapid improvement event) I have to attend Monday through Friday next week. I got some morning sickness candies in case I feel nauseated. Thankfully, I can still use breastfeeding as an excuse if I want to graze all day.

Fitz sounds like placenta is starting to take over my hormone production :)

That stinks you have to get a new OB. I really love the group I've seen with my first 2. They are opening an office closer to me next month and I'm deciding if I want to go to it or not. I probably should as long as they deliver at the hospital closer to me as I'm a fast laborer.

@AzureOrchid I'm with you on the eating all day! If I don't snack my nausea kicks in so I'm just grazing all day. Today I swapped it for healthier snacks otherwise I'm going to end up huge!!

I also accepted a job 2 days before my bfp, I'm dreading telling them!! x

Good morning everyone!

CC94 - congratulations and welcome to our little group :hi:

Azure - I get you on the mixing up words thing. My kids keep making fun of me because I can't seem to get breakfast, lunch or dinner words right.... "guys, what do you want for lunch, I mean dinner..." every time! haha. They don't know we are expecting just yet.

Fitz - yes the Coronavirus is quite scary... we don't have any confirmed cases in our town yet but several in the cities surrounding us.

Foster - I also get the odd sharp pain in my uterus sometimes, usually if I get up too fast in a certain position it will pull and hurt.

Fern/Jess - I'm also a snacker at work. No one has made any comments yet thankfully but I noticed a co-worker checking out my stomach yesterday... I was super bloated and I probably looked pregnant!

AFM - nausea is definitely different now. I can have several hours without any nausea but then followed by several hours with nausea. In weeks 4-6 my nausea was about every 2-3 hours based on how empty my stomach was. Now, I think if I eat too much I get bloated and nauseated... so I might have to have 4-6 smaller meals rather than 3 meals and snacks. I'm just so used to eating 3 meals a day and not really snacking in between so it's been an adjustment.

Hi and congrats @CC94 !

Hahaha Flueky and Jess for being in the same position as me with telling my employers! My dh admitted to me that it’s the reason he is reluctant to appoint women at his company (I never thought about him thinking that way... sheesh!).

Seems like there are a few other ladies struggling with bloat and already looking pregnant lol! I’m struggling to get time to exercise as I work full day (I work after school too at my tutoring business) and then I get my son from preschool, cook, eat with him, bath him, pack lunches, put him to bed, wait for dh to come home at 8:30 pm... I realized yesterday that if I want to get in any exercise to strengthen my core it will have to be before 6am. Whaaaaat. And I HAVE TO with this slipped disk!

Oh the nausea... mine comes and goes. Yesterday I almost vomited when I smelled a student’s onion breath. Last night and this morning was terrible (more dizziness and feeling faint but definitely feeling sick too). I’d like it to stop please :lol: I do have some ginger rooibos tea that helps! We have a dinner tonight (girl cousins and our moms), hope I feel ok.

Ahh the bloating is real for me today! It’s quite painful.
After awful nausea yesterday and this morning it seems to have eased off again. I need to stop panicking as soon as I get a break from feeling sick. I’m overanalysing every detail and I’m so scared.
I’ve waited 2 years for this and I just don’t quite believe it’s happening. I really want to enjoy it but I can’t relax at all! My head is all over the place!

Jelly - I totally get the wanting to relax and enjoy this pregnancy and not being able to. I don't think it matters how long you've waited for it - it's hard not to be anxious. I had bad bloating in weeks 4 and 5. It seemed to calm down in week 6 but comes and goes.

I'm dealing with a little bit of nausea this morning (yay!) but I also woke up to some brown spotting (boo!). 3pm can't come soon enough. Don't worry, I'll update everyone later. I had a crazy preggo day yesterday - bad baby brain, cramping, suuuuper tired. Hoping Love Bug had a big growth spurt.

@co_fostermom oh it definitely doesn’t matter how long you’ve waited for, I didn’t meant to imply that it did, sorry! I hope the spotting eases off and all goes well today!

Thanks Jelly. I wasn’t offended at all by what you said - just making the point that it’s so easy to feel anxious no matter what your story is. Basically I was commiserating with you lol. No need to apologize.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->